General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Disaster at out NJ mini meet @ Hillsborough (Please Read)...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 08:26 PM

We had a mini meet today in Hillsborough NJ. The meeting spot was in teh High School parking lot. We had 16 total cars. It was a pretty goood meet till it rained. During that time, a few of us decided to go stop at teh Wendys for some food. MilfsMaxima, Thebigsadler, me, and MaximaRider decided to go. As we left, we were making a left on to a main road (RT206). Milf, Sadler, and me already went through the light. As MaximaRider (Arnauo) proceeded through the light (Yes it was still green, he was right behind me at the light), so he was making the left while a blue Checyh truck was speeding to catch the light T-boned Arnauo on teh passenger side. I saw this from my side mirror and rear view mirror. I heard a loud crash noise and saw Arnauo's car lift up and spinning in 360's. Yes tha tis a few. He ended up on teh corner of a block. I pulled over and ran to the scene as did other people who saw the accident. I called 911 on my cell phone for help. Arnauo ran out of his car screaming. As i walked over, i saw his friends just laying there. I will not get graphic but lets just say Nightmare on Elm St times 5. Ironically enough the driver of the blue truck who hit Anrauo was a firefighter. Less then 2 mins the cops and firefighters arrived. The ambulence was ther eno less then a minute after. I was next to Arnauo on teh sidewalk and the firefighters had to use 2.. yes 2 Jaws of Life to get his 2 friends out. THey rushed those 2 to the hospital as well at Arnauo. As this time i gave the cop my info and what i saw. The car is totaled. The who passenger side looked like someone slammed that side into a wall over 100 times. They all had their seatbelts on which is what saved them . Both fron airbags deployed. Please do give us a second to pray that everyone is ok that was in that car. Right now i am on the phone with the detective ironically enough. The rest of the meet was fun. SOme ricer came over and wanted to race but no go. hehe. I will let everyone fill in from here.
Old 07-25-2001, 08:29 PM
Administrator

I hope his friends will be ok
Old 07-25-2001, 08:33 PM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

:'prayers for the wounded soldiers:

hope everything turns ok for those guys.
Old 07-25-2001, 08:35 PM

Wow. That is powerful. Thanks for letting us know. I will keep them in my prayers. Keep us posted.
Old 07-25-2001, 08:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

damn that sux. hope they're ok.
Old 07-25-2001, 08:43 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

damn.......hope everything works out....just shows you never know....
i SeE what you did therE

damn...

hope every one is ok...

no spam here..................

Sorry to hear that happened, My thoughts and prayers are out to all of you...please keep us informed
Old 07-25-2001, 08:52 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

major

major suckville. i'm bummin about this! please keep up posted with updates whenever you can

also give them all our best if you talk to them

Old 07-25-2001, 08:52 PM

I was at the meet, and when they came back and told us what happened, I was stunned. Then when we left to go eat at Wendys (ironically) I saw the car and it was a mess. Can't even explain what it looked like. I hope this never happens to anyone here. I hope that they will be alright, and please always wear a seat belt, you never know when it will save you...
Old 07-25-2001, 09:22 PM
is invisible

That really sucks...

hopefully they'll get the truck for speeding, but it seems that MaximaRider may be at fault (making the left turn).

Good luck and best wishes.
Old 07-25-2001, 09:27 PM

Sorry to hear this...Hope everyone is ok, let us know !
Old 07-25-2001, 09:58 PM

oh man

my prayers go out to them... Get well soon!
Old 07-25-2001, 09:58 PM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

My prayers for a speedy recovery to those who were involved
Old 07-25-2001, 10:01 PM

I hope e/o & everything turns out ok ... & I hope u guys don't get a hard time b/c you're young (r u?) & the truck driver was a public servant ..

Originally posted by Synki
We had a mini meet today in Hillsborough NJ. The meeting spot was in teh High School parking lot. We had 16 total cars. It was a pretty goood meet till it rained. During that time, a few of us decided to go stop at teh Wendys for some food. MilfsMaxima, Thebigsadler, me, and MaximaRider decided to go. As we left, we were making a left on to a main road (RT206). Milf, Sadler, and me already went through the light. As MaximaRider (Arnauo) proceeded through the light (Yes it was still green, he was right behind me at the light), so he was making the left while a blue Checyh truck was speeding to catch the light T-boned Arnauo on teh passenger side. I saw this from my side mirror and rear view mirror. I heard a loud crash noise and saw Arnauo's car lift up and spinning in 360's. Yes tha tis a few. He ended up on teh corner of a block. I pulled over and ran to the scene as did other people who saw the accident. I called 911 on my cell phone for help. Arnauo ran out of his car screaming. As i walked over, i saw his friends just laying there. I will not get graphic but lets just say Nightmare on Elm St times 5. Ironically enough the driver of the blue truck who hit Anrauo was a firefighter. Less then 2 mins the cops and firefighters arrived. The ambulence was ther eno less then a minute after. I was next to Arnauo on teh sidewalk and the firefighters had to use 2.. yes 2 Jaws of Life to get his 2 friends out. THey rushed those 2 to the hospital as well at Arnauo. As this time i gave the cop my info and what i saw. The car is totaled. The who passenger side looked like someone slammed that side into a wall over 100 times. They all had their seatbelts on which is what saved them . Both fron airbags deployed. Please do give us a second to pray that everyone is ok that was in that car. Right now i am on the phone with the detective ironically enough. The rest of the meet was fun. SOme ricer came over and wanted to race but no go. hehe. I will let everyone fill in from here.
Old 07-25-2001, 10:17 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

oh ****

that is horrible.. hope everyone recovers quick. Keep us posted......
Old 07-25-2001, 10:26 PM

Well.. i just got back from teh police station. The detective called me up and he wanted a statement from me. The guy was very nice and made me feel really comfortable. Anyways they are doing a FULL investigaton on this. I was recorded on tape and on paper. hehe. Anyways, Arnauo is fine, left the hospital with minor scratches, noting at all to worry about. His 2 friends are in bad condition. The detective told me "Well.. they are still wiht us but i cant say how well they are doing". I will fillyou guys in wiht more detail as i find out. I really hope there is no internal bleeding. Arnauo's car is done... im sure a few of the guys saw it when we were leaving. It jsut cannot be described.
Old 07-25-2001, 10:31 PM

**** that sucks, hope the two guys make it out fine. prayers goes out to both
Old 07-25-2001, 10:34 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

damn

Well.. i just got back from teh police station. The detective called me up and he wanted a statement from me. The guy was very nice and made me feel really comfortable. Anyways they are doing a FULL investigaton on this. I was recorded on tape and on paper. hehe. Anyways, Arnauo is fine, left the hospital with minor scratches, noting at all to worry about. His 2 friends are in bad condition. The detective told me "Well.. they are still wiht us but i cant say how well they are doing". I will fillyou guys in wiht more detail as i find out. I really hope there is no internal bleeding. Arnauo's car is done... im sure a few of the guys saw it when we were leaving. It jsut cannot be described.
Really wishing for the best to both of those guys... Cars can be replaced.........
Old 07-25-2001, 11:01 PM

man I'm sorry to hear that, I send my best wishes that they all make a full and speedy recovery.
Old 07-25-2001, 11:31 PM

my prayers go out to them. hope everyone recovers quickly.
Old 07-25-2001, 11:39 PM

hello,
i feel really bad that happened. it just makes you think a little, like how much we take our own personal safety for granted. also i thought that the maxima.org BBS was very impersonal. just a bunch of people around the country sharing their stories and info. but i personally went over to arnaud's house earlier this year to buy his stock rims. the dude was nice enough to give me a ride in his pretty much modded up 95 SE. i emailed him a few days ago and asked him if he wanted to race at atco or Etown. it's a shame. if you get this post, maximarider, i hope that all you guys are safe! it sucks that your ride was totalled, but the most important thing is you guys being alright. everyone drive safe.
Old 07-25-2001, 11:46 PM

Damn this really sucks.. I really, really hope everyone lives and makes a full recovery. Best regards.
Old 07-26-2001, 12:33 AM

I really hope that those involved will be ok. That really sucks that that happened. I hardly ever run red lights but if the situation comes up I will think twice. I wish them the best
Old 07-26-2001, 12:52 AM

Prayers go out, hope everything turns out for the best, keep us posted as to the health of everyone.
Old 07-26-2001, 03:26 AM

From the high school parking lot...

I was in the parking lot with the other 12 Max owners. The meet started out well enough. I arrived a little late as there were about 9 or 10 cars there when I pulled in. A few more cars showed up and we all were looking at each others mods, taking pictures, talking and having a good time exhanging tips, ideas and stories. MilfsMaxima, Thebigsadler, Synki, and MaximaRider were the last to arrive in a caravan.

I remember looking at MaximaRider's car. He had some nice thin-spoked (lots of spokes) wheels. Somebody had told me when I was looking for rims that a lot of spokes were no good looking and I even commented to my friend that these rims looked pretty damn nice. I remember looking inside where his friends were sitting. I don't think they ever got out of the car! I was looking in the windows at his shifter, dash and other stuff. His friends in the car looked very young, maybe High-school or a little older and I wondered why they didn't get out of the car. I don't think any of us actually met his buddies in the car.

After a while it started raining so we jumped in our cars because it looked like the rain was going to be a short shower. As the rain started letting up, I think Thebigsadler pulled up to me my car, I dropped my window and he said they were going to go hit the Wendy's that was about a mile away and grab some food and kill some time.

They all pulled out in a caravan and we all got out of our cars because the rain had stopped. About five minutes later (no kidding) we all started hearing sirens. Not just a few either! There had to be at least 10-12 emergency vehicles go past the high school parking lot. I remember that I actually joked that it was the cops after those guys who just left! I also remember a little chat about that and then saying that it couldn't be those guys involved because they only *JUST* left the parking lot.

We all continued looking at each others cars and talking for probably another 20-30 minutes before one of the the guys from the Wendy's caravan returned and informed us of the horrible news. Everyone was shocked! It was probably the worst possible news you could pass to a batch of guys at a Max meet...

We discussed a little bit about what happened and tried to figure out if they were going to be ok but it sounded pretty bad for the passenger and the guy in the back seat. Mostly for the front passenger. For the most part, I know I was feeling quite depressed so I tried to allieviate that by focusing on the cars in the lot and taking some pictures and by convincing myself that they were all going to be ok.

By about 8pm it was getting dark and I decided it was time to leave. This was probably an hour or more after the accident happened. I left the high school parking lot, made the right onto Raider Drive and then went the other 1/2 mile to the 206 light. What a mess!

Multiple fire trucks, ambulances, tons of cops, firefighters and emergency personel were all over the intersection. parts of the road were blocked from access and the cars were still there. Lights flashing all over the place.

I had to go right at the intersection instead of left like I needed to. I went down the road about 1/2 mile and turned around. On the way back through the intersection I saw MaximaRider's car. Oh my GOD!

The windows were blown out, the whole passenger side was totalled. It was a very gruesome and sad sight. There were a lot of people who came out of nearby houses and were standing around, people in cars were stopped on the sides of the road.

Makes you think how fragile we are and how a split second of bad judgement or miscalculation can have horrible consequences. My friend and I contemplated these thoughts and rode mostly silent as we thought of MaximaDriver and his friends and hoped that they would all be ok.
Old 07-26-2001, 03:36 AM

Damn... that's horrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved. I hope that the police can get past the fact that the other driver was a firefighter and find some justice in this tragedy.
Old 07-26-2001, 04:27 AM

Man, that sounds rough. Please do keep us updated on how he and his friends are doing. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.
Old 07-26-2001, 04:49 AM

Man, that is horrible. I was bummed out today because my front end got smacked by a truck taking a turn(it was parked at the time) but this puts everything in perspective. I reaaly hope they make a full recovery.
Old 07-26-2001, 04:55 AM
Got Bent?

sorry to hear that I hope those guys make a speedy recovery.
Old 07-26-2001, 05:36 AM

This is terrible, my prayers go out for arnuano and his passengers.

Synki keep up posted.

Ant
Old 07-26-2001, 06:06 AM

It is a tragedy that these things happen sometimes. I am truly proud, however, that we on this board have been able to come together spiritually and pray for those involved. Personally I do not know any of the involved, but can say honestly that I am deeply concerned about this incident. I have had the fortune of having several INJURY FREE accidents. Every time, I have been able to come out of it and say to God that I am thankful and would gladly take another collision and the associated runaround with papers so long as nobody was hurt, and I would live to do the entire run around another day.
It only takes one bad one folks.
Thanks to all those that have posted here, and please keep us updated.
Old 07-26-2001, 06:09 AM

not too religious but hope to everyone of you, that always sucks when it happens, but it REALLY sucks when it happens to someone you know, keep us informed, I'm sure they'll pull through

Konstantin
Old 07-26-2001, 06:10 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

damn, i heard about this last night from riggy. That's some scary **** man. I hope everyone recovers fine and that the truth in the accident comes out. if the light was green it was the truck's fault.
Old 07-26-2001, 06:14 AM

I was at the meet as well. It started off great everyone talking about their rides... Then can the ran. And man did it rain but for only a short time then 4 of us decided to go for food. The rain stopped and we are now all out talking again when we heard sirens and saw a couple of cop cars...joking that the guys must have been caught racing to get food....the we found out what happened. It got so quite(the old comercial you could here a pin drop would have applied). On the way to get food the investigation was still going on. The car was barely a car any more. My only thought was OH MY GOD!

My thoughts are with them
Old 07-26-2001, 06:48 AM

Yes, this sad news did temper the enthusiasm at the meet as did the brief downpour.

Synki, please stay in touch with Arnauo and keep this thread updated with his and his friend's condition. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them and their families.

Jim
Old 07-26-2001, 07:05 AM

Since MaximaRider posts over at dtmpower.net and I've been lurking there recently, I posted what happened over there. The members have been very kind in their responses. Comments here: http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/showth...?threadid=9433
Old 07-26-2001, 07:10 AM

I pray everyone makes it through, and that no serious harm came to anyone.
Old 07-26-2001, 07:36 AM
CMT

Hello, all.

From the guys over at DTM Power, we just wanted to send our best wishes along to Maximarider and the passengers in his car. Thanks to Weasel at DTM for the heads-up, they are all in our prayers.

Old 07-26-2001, 07:48 AM

Sorry to hear about the accident. I also pray that everyone is going to be fine.
It is really sad to hear about this kind of things, espacially when one hears of a few in a week.
In Brooklyn, on Oreintal Blvd, this past Sunday night a 2001 BMW 525 manual was said to be racing what seemed to be a Maxima (not sure what gen). The BMW hit a small pothole, lost contorl and spun out, hit the curb, went over the sidewalk, hit an iron fence and a tree. The guy was thrown 10-20 feet from the car. It is believed he must have been going around 100-120mph. Funural for this 21 year old was held yesterday. I only knew the guy slightly, and he was a very calm and nice person, that liked to drive fast--without a seatbelt... The only witnesses that where at the scene said a car pulled up, looked like a Max, the people, believed to be 3 or 4 came out of their car, I guess thought they can help, screamed the guys name and left as there was nothing they can do...
Link: http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/35818.htm
I guess I am posting this horrible news so that we can learn from these horrible accidents and appriciate things a little more, becuase you a split second can change/take away a life.

Quick Reply: Disaster at out NJ mini meet @ Hillsborough (Please Read)...