General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

NEW BRAKES...What now?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 12:30 PM

Alright she's coming along even more. Just got brembo xdrilled/slotted rotors, axxis metal matrix pads, and SS-Lines. Hopefully FINALLY getting red/clear tails this sunday. Killer System and custom interior is coming this winter, next spring comes bodykit, engine mods, and maybe a custom paint job. HIN Here I come
I know when you get new brakes you're supposed to go easy on them, but any other tips? I'm short on time so didnt have long to search, sorry. Thanks in advance -Nine
Old 07-27-2001, 03:48 PM

I would guess that you brake early, REALLY EARLY!!!. Im done, thank you.
Old 07-27-2001, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by Nine7Max
Alright she's coming along even more. Just got brembo xdrilled/slotted rotors, axxis metal matrix pads, and SS-Lines. Hopefully FINALLY getting red/clear tails this sunday. Killer System and custom interior is coming this winter, next spring comes bodykit, engine mods, and maybe a custom paint job. HIN Here I come
I know when you get new brakes you're supposed to go easy on them, but any other tips? I'm short on time so didnt have long to search, sorry. Thanks in advance -Nine
Old 07-28-2001, 07:20 AM

if you like brakes

Originally posted by Nine7Max
ever see mountain bikes these days with disc brakes? amazing huh?

i dont like the upgrades, my buddy was out of luck on his car with brembos, and he was out over $600 for a caliper. they look great but i don't know about the cost effectiveness plus not too many are looking at ones calipers!