General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Just ordered NZ Headers! $618 Shipped 3-4 day>

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2001, 09:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I just got off the phone with Peter in New Zealand. He said the headers are $1545 NZ Pasos, so the grand total came to $618 American. This price includes 3-4 day delivery and all import taxes etc. He said the Headers will go out first thing tomarow so I should get them on Friday or Saturday. I weigh then and post a few nice pics as soon as I get them in. The headers will most likeley go on Monday or Tuesaday of next week. I will try to get a baseline dyno done with in the next few days and then I will get the car re-dynoed some time mid to late next week.

Can you guys feel 200FWHP coming my way? MUHAHAHA!
Old 07-29-2001, 10:09 PM

Hey Congratulations.

You are entering unchartered territory here. You are very brave. I hope it adds 20 FWHP.
Old 07-29-2001, 10:13 PM

im still wonderin and hopin they fit 5th gens.
Old 07-29-2001, 10:15 PM

I would also like to see if they fit 5th Gen's
Any word?
Old 07-29-2001, 10:25 PM

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
I emailed him a few days ago and asked if they fit 5th gens (A33) but he never replied to that post. I whould call him up for you if it did not cost $2.50 a minute. If you want the # let me know and I will dig it up for you. It's only 3:14 PM over there right now{Eastern time zone}.

I almost forgot to thank the man behind all of this mzmtg! Thanks for posting the info and all bro.

hokiemax, my goal is to get 200 FWHP one way or another and this seems to be a good step towards that goal. I will have every single NA bolt on mod available within the next month. The mods include as follows, Full equal length headers, Stillen Intake, RT Cat, Stillen Cat-Back exaust, Stillen Alluminum Flywheel,Centerforce Clutch, UDP and G-Force ECU. I have everything listed above except the UDP{on order} and the ECU.
Old 07-29-2001, 10:51 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I would like the his number. I want to know if they will fit the 5th Gen's.
Old 07-29-2001, 11:46 PM

oh, please! oh, please! oh, please! oh, please!...

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
i hope so!! 8)
Old 07-30-2001, 04:58 AM

Sweet. 618 shipped. Thats mad cheap. I might have to go ahead and order these. Emax, could you PM the number to me? Thanks...
Old 07-30-2001, 05:41 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

i think we should all wait to see if these fit or not before we go crazy, and don't forget it's another $300 to get them put on at a shop, big job. if they fit they will however be in my future. but not for a while.
Old 07-30-2001, 10:13 AM

Originally posted by MaxZimaSE
I would like the his number. I want to know if they will fit the 5th Gen's.
Dial 011-649-277-9700 and ask for Peter.

Due to prior knowledge with 5th gens and Y-pipes I think you 5th geners are going to have a problem. Heres why, remember how the Y-Pipe can only remove 1 of the 2 precatts removed? Well if you remove both precats{As in the headers} your car will go into limp mode and the check engine light will go on. The only way around this whould be to have ECU work done but that is still impossible because they have not cracked the code{yet}. If I am wrong then somebody please correct me.

Dmbmaxima, Bad, Bad! These things better fit or I am going kill someone! I don't see why they won't fit becuase the maxima over there is just a I30 with the same engine and same emission devices{AKA precatts}. I will find out for sure $oon!
Old 07-30-2001, 10:30 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Ethan, I'm gonna email you tonight. Have some questions about a SCer. Need your advice
Old 07-30-2001, 12:08 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by emax95

Dmbmaxima, Bad, Bad! These things better fit or I am going kill someone! I don't see why they won't fit becuase the maxima over there is just a I30 with the same engine and same emission devices{AKA precatts}. I will find out for sure $oon!
are you doing the install your self, i'm more worried about the EGR's and other stupid US stuff on the car then ACTUAL fitment, they might fit but not work right.
Old 07-30-2001, 12:52 PM
nm

Due to prior knowledge with 5th gens and Y-pipes I think you 5th geners are going to have a problem. Heres why, remember how the Y-Pipe can only remove 1 of the 2 precatts removed? Well if you remove both precats{As in the headers} your car will go into limp mode and the check engine light will go on. The only way around this whould be to have ECU work done but that is still impossible because they have not cracked the code{yet}. If I am wrong then somebody please correct me.

This issue is resolved in the 5th gen CALI->FED spec conversion where the 02 sensors behind the precats are moved behind the main cat to fool the ECU into thinking that the precats are still there.

Full details available at:
http://www.desertpearlmax.homestead.com/Fed_YPipe.html
Old 07-30-2001, 01:18 PM

Ethan, thanks again for going out on the limb to dyno & order & install & etc etc..

I'm workin on a v2 wing solution.
Old 07-30-2001, 01:35 PM

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

are you doing the install your self, i'm more worried about the EGR's and other stupid US stuff on the car then ACTUAL fitment, they might fit but not work right.
These headers have the holes for the o2 sensors on the precats. What exactly do you meen by "EGR"? Is'nt the EGR a valve then controls the fuel on the car? I remember having to tangle with the EGR valve when I installed my SC and that does not seem to have anything to do with the headers. please explian? BTW I am going to have my mechanic instsall the headers because I am not in the mood to breaker a header stud.

On a different note to anyone reading, these headers are 2 1/2 inch in diameter just like the rest of my{and yours} aftermarket exaust, this means no bottle necking!
Old 07-30-2001, 03:29 PM

I'm very interested in the results too.

If the gains are anywhere close to 20fwhp, I'll be ordering em

Old 07-30-2001, 04:08 PM
RussMaxManiac

Actually you can get around it. You can do what some of the SE-R guys do. They move the front O2's to the back of the pipe behind the cat so it reads clean air. This will keep the ecu light from coming on.

Old 07-30-2001, 04:18 PM

That is what I was going to say about the front precat O2 sensor. All that needs to be done is move the secondary O2 sensor (The one behind the front precat) to behind the main cat. The reason this works it that this perticular O2 sensor does nothing more than check for the presence of the cat by heat. of course you will have to run some wires but that is not too hard.

This procedure has been done and worked.
Old 07-31-2001, 08:52 PM

Originally posted by nm

This issue is resolved in the 5th gen CALI->FED spec conversion where the 02 sensors behind the precats are moved behind the main cat to fool the ECU into thinking that the precats are still there.

Full details available at:
http://www.desertpearlmax.homestead.com/Fed_YPipe.html
But isn't that going to screw up the air/fuel mixture? Or at least ruin the chance of an *optimized* air fuel mixture? I'm probably wrong, but I just can't imagine that giving the ECU false information can ever be a good thing.
Old 07-31-2001, 09:20 PM

There are two O2 sensors on the front down pipe of the CA/NLEV versions at least in my year. The first one does the A/F ratio checks and the second only checks the presence of the precat. There is also a O2 sensor on the rear down pipe in front of the precat and another in front of the main cat.
Old 07-31-2001, 10:20 PM

Update on trying to find a dyno. I seemed to have located one dyno 47 miles away from my house, I have called about 10 times between today and yesterday but no one ever anwers the damn phone! Hopefully I can get through with them soon becuase the headers are scheduled to go in on Monday! The next closest dyno is 73.7 miles away, thats as far as I am going to drive so hopefully one of these places dynos FWD cars and can get me in fast. I will keep you guys updated and BTW the headers will be at my house on Thursday or Friday. Sweeeeet!
Old 08-01-2001, 04:56 AM

W00t

Update on trying to find a dyno. I seemed to have located one dyno 47 miles away from my house, I have called about 10 times between today and yesterday but no one ever anwers the damn phone! Hopefully I can get through with them soon becuase the headers are scheduled to go in on Monday! The next closest dyno is 73.7 miles away, thats as far as I am going to drive so hopefully one of these places dynos FWD cars and can get me in fast. I will keep you guys updated and BTW the headers will be at my house on Thursday or Friday. Sweeeeet!

Awesome....Maybe I'll take a drive out your way next week to check them out. I have a good friend in RI. He's in westerly. Is that close to you? Anyways, it would be cool too if you checked out my S/C install to see if I did it right....hehe....let me know.
Old 08-01-2001, 05:21 AM

I just got off the phone with Peter in New Zealand. He said the headers are $1545 NZ Pasos, so the grand total came to $618 American. This price includes 3-4 day delivery and all import taxes etc. He said the Headers will go out first thing tomarow so I should get them on Friday or Saturday. I weigh then and post a few nice pics as soon as I get them in. The headers will most likeley go on Monday or Tuesaday of next week. I will try to get a baseline dyno done with in the next few days and then I will get the car re-dynoed some time mid to late next week.

Can you guys feel 200FWHP coming my way? MUHAHAHA!

Good going little grasshoppa! Do some dinos.
Old 08-01-2001, 08:45 AM

Re: W00t

Originally posted by Screaminfast

Awesome....Maybe I'll take a drive out your way next week to check them out. I have a good friend in RI. He's in westerly. Is that close to you? Anyways, it would be cool too if you checked out my S/C install to see if I did it right....hehe....let me know.
Yeah if you want to come buy you can check my stuff out and I could look over you SC. Maybe we could even get a litte race . As far as Westerly goes, I am not exatly sure were it is compared to Coventry R.I. ,It can't be to far away though because R.I. is just a speck on the map.