General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Had a fun run back from MAXUS-->

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 08:11 AM
JimW

Barry NYC, Jose and myself left the restaurant coming back to NYC at about 7:45. Stopped for gas, and hit the road. The run on I-70 was pretty smooth, and uneventful. Ran in the high double-digits until the 695 junction.
Barry led the way from 695 till the NJ turnpike. Running a steady 80-85 mph through most of the traffic there. Barry and Jose make good running partners. Moving deftly through traffic, keeping the average speed high.
At one point, on I-70, Barry got the need.. The need for speed.. We made a little side by side run for a bit. I almost forgot how good 4th gens can run. They've got good pull, until the speeds get really indecent. I still love Maxima's.
Jose (AKA the Big White Vacuum Cleaner) is another case altogether. We all used to tease him about all the stuff on his car, but I gotta tell ya. HIS CAR LOOKS GOOD!!! Sitting still, on the highway, wherever. It just looks damn good. Another thing, you can hear that thing from 1/2 mile away when he's WOT!!! All he needs is a little more power, and he might just be able to stick with me on the highway... LOL!!!

Old 07-30-2001, 08:14 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Jim you still have that contact w/ that tranny guy who did your max?? what's your email addy...we need to talk.
thanks!
Old 07-30-2001, 08:29 AM

Thanks for the compliments But it looks like I will be->

coming over to the dark side. I think I see a A6 in my future if you can't beat them join them. By the way was Barry drinking? I never seen Barry drive that fast in my life He even hit Tripple digits a couple of times. LOL
Later Jose

Originally posted by JimW
Barry NYC, Jose and myself left the restaurant coming back to NYC at about 7:45. Stopped for gas, and hit the road. The run on I-70 was pretty smooth, and uneventful. Ran in the high double-digits until the 695 junction.
Barry led the way from 695 till the NJ turnpike. Running a steady 80-85 mph through most of the traffic there. Barry and Jose make good running partners. Moving deftly through traffic, keeping the average speed high.
At one point, on I-70, Barry got the need.. The need for speed.. We made a little side by side run for a bit. I almost forgot how good 4th gens can run. They've got good pull, until the speeds get really indecent. I still love Maxima's.
Jose (AKA the Big White Vacuum Cleaner) is another case altogether. We all used to tease him about all the stuff on his car, but I gotta tell ya. HIS CAR LOOKS GOOD!!! Sitting still, on the highway, wherever. It just looks damn good. Another thing, you can hear that thing from 1/2 mile away when he's WOT!!! All he needs is a little more power, and he might just be able to stick with me on the highway... LOL!!!
Old 07-30-2001, 08:29 AM
JimW

Check your private messages

Originally posted by DanNY
Jim you still have that contact w/ that tranny guy who did your max?? what's your email addy...we need to talk.
thanks!

Old 07-30-2001, 08:31 AM

Nice run my a$$..that was

that was an awesome run back to NYC. I-70 was sweet...triple digit runs behind Blue Thunder and The Big White Machine was quite an adrenaline rush. You are right..that white max sure looks good standing still and moving. It looks quite awesome when it sucking you in....
very cool....here's a shot of the Big White Machine filling up just before heading home.....

BarrynYc
Old 07-30-2001, 08:36 AM

Re: Nice run my a$$..that was

I thought you didn't drive fast Barry??? Didn't we talk about that at the table???
Old 07-30-2001, 08:36 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Thanks for the compliments But it looks like I will be->

Originally posted by Jose
coming over to the dark side. I think I see a A6 in my future if you can't beat them join them. By the way was Barry drinking? I never seen Barry drive that fast in my life He even hit Tripple digits a couple of times. LOL
Later Jose

the diper is full!!!!! GOT OUT OF HIS WAY!!!! haahaa
or did barry do a day of thunder and the accel was STUCK??
papa barry got a lead foot now?
Old 07-30-2001, 09:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Dang, wish I coulda been there. Barry actually drove fast??? I love fast highway driving and I would've been something of a challenge for your A6! Might've even got Jose wanting a SC again (not!). Anyway, sounds like you guys had fun. I hope I can join you next time!

BTW, did you get an good pics of the 2002 Maxima? What'd you guys think about it?

Jim
Old 07-30-2001, 09:04 AM
JimW

I dunno what happened to Barry, I think all the race gas fumes got to him

Originally posted by Jose
Later Jose

I didn't think he could press the accelerator so hard. LOL!! I mean, he's just cool and all that, next thing I know, he's blasting ahead of me running about a-buck-ten..
One thing, he's real careful about his speed though.

Hey man, whether you buy an A6 or not, you've gotta keep that Max. That car is just BadA$$ed!! If I was a stranger and saw that Machine tuck in behind me on the highway, I'd be jumping out of the way. Car just looks mean, and fast..

Old 07-30-2001, 09:15 AM

Re: I dunno what happened to Barry, I think all the race gas fumes got to him

I didn't think he could press the accelerator so hard. LOL!! I mean, he's just cool and all that, next thing I know, he's blasting ahead of me running about a-buck-ten..
One thing, he's real careful about his speed though.

Hey man, whether you buy an A6 or not, you've gotta keep that Max. That car is just BadA$$ed!! If I was a stranger and saw that Machine tuck in behind me on the highway, I'd be jumping out of the way. Car just looks mean, and fast..

I have to agree...that pic that Barry posted really does it justice. Maybe it's the dark background but the car seems to glow. I haven't seen it in person since he put on the white wheels but they really round out the visual package nicely.

Jim
Old 07-30-2001, 10:12 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Jose

I have to agree with Jim on this one man. Keep the damn max and get the A6 too. That thing is waaaaaaaaay to pretty to part out. Jim nailed it. Looks hot moving, still, any angle and sounds mean as sh*t. Anyhoo just had to add that to the convincing table...

Twas fun caravaning down as well guys. I had a blast as usual.
Old 07-30-2001, 11:09 AM

Thanks

N/M

Originally posted by Chris91SE
I have to agree with Jim on this one man. Keep the damn max and get the A6 too. That thing is waaaaaaaaay to pretty to part out. Jim nailed it. Looks hot moving, still, any angle and sounds mean as sh*t. Anyhoo just had to add that to the convincing table...

Twas fun caravaning down as well guys. I had a blast as usual.
Old 07-30-2001, 11:19 AM

That was one of the reasons I went to maxus I wanted to->

see the 2002 maxima. I figure get a 2002 6 speed max and my first mod would have been a Supercharger but after looking at it I don't think its going to happen. The new max looks in my opinion worst than the 2k and 2k1. Maybe its the color or something but I wasn't to happy. Yes the 260hp 6speed is very apealing and the Xenon lights but thats it the car has gotten uglier So I guess I am not buying another maxima.
Later Jose

Originally posted by JJW95SC
Dang, wish I coulda been there. Barry actually drove fast??? I love fast highway driving and I would've been something of a challenge for your A6! Might've even got Jose wanting a SC again (not!). Anyway, sounds like you guys had fun. I hope I can join you next time!

BTW, did you get an good pics of the 2002 Maxima? What'd you guys think about it?

Jim
Old 07-31-2001, 04:21 AM

I was put puttn' along on 270 S, and I see Eben blow by me. I tag along for a little while then back off when traffic picked up, but he didn't. The a 5th gen blew by me...then a 3rd. Yeah, yeah...18, I know. When I made it to the beltway traffic wasn't too bad so I add a little pep. I get stuck in the far left behind 2 slower cars, when this A4 runs up my tailpipe and starts flashing his lights like I am the one holding things up. I see an opening start to form so I move over and pass. Mr/Mrs A4 starts to follow so them get close to me then floor it. All I saw was HID lights turn into little dots. A while later I get caught up in traffic again, and guess who shows up, Mr/Mrs A4. Needless to say it was a repeat of the earlier encounter.

Jim has gotten me on the A6 bug now. After reading up on all the specs and features, I could almost live in that car. Now I'm really glad he didn't let me drive his car (not that he would have, not that would I have asked), cause I would be really fiending for one. The dark side may not be too bad after all

Lovejoy
Old 07-31-2001, 04:33 AM

Huh??

Wasn't me.. #;>) 55 stay alive..

Originally posted by Lovejoy
I was put puttn' along on 270 S, and I see Eben blow by me. I tag along for a litle while then back off when traffic picked up, but he didn't. The a 5th gen glew by me...then a 3rd. Yeah, yeah...18, I know. When I made it to the beltway traffic wasn't too bad so I add a little pep. I get stuck in the far left behind 2 slower cars, when this A4 runs up my tailpipe and starts flashing his lights like I am the one holding things up. I see an opening start to form so I move over and pass. Mr/Mrs A4 starts to follow so them get close to me then floor it. All I saw was HID lights turn into little dots. A while later I get caught up in traffic again, and guess who shows up, Mr/Mrs A4. Needless to say it was a repeat of the earlier encounter.

Jim has gotten me on the A6 bug now. After reading up on all the specs and features, I could almost live in that car. Now I really glad he didn't let me drive his car (not tht he would have, now would I have asked), cause I woud be really feinding for one. The dark side may not be too bad after all

Lovejoy
Old 07-31-2001, 05:41 AM
JimW

Hey, I offered, and I thought that at the restaurant you'd have asked again

Originally posted by Lovejoy
I was put puttn' along on 270 S, and I see Eben blow by me. I tag along for a little while then back off when traffic picked up, but he didn't. The a 5th gen blew by me...then a 3rd. Yeah, yeah...18, I know. When I made it to the beltway traffic wasn't too bad so I add a little pep. I get stuck in the far left behind 2 slower cars, when this A4 runs up my tailpipe and starts flashing his lights like I am the one holding things up. I see an opening start to form so I move over and pass. Mr/Mrs A4 starts to follow so them get close to me then floor it. All I saw was HID lights turn into little dots. A while later I get caught up in traffic again, and guess who shows up, Mr/Mrs A4. Needless to say it was a repeat of the earlier encounter.

Jim has gotten me on the A6 bug now. After reading up on all the specs and features, I could almost live in that car. Now I'm really glad he didn't let me drive his car (not that he would have, not that would I have asked), cause I would be really fiending for one. The dark side may not be too bad after all

Lovejoy
Not many people have driven this car, I'm pretty particular with it. Heck, other than myself, my father-in-law, and 2 friends, no one else has driven it. Of course, I could tell you for days about how much I love it, but you need to test drive it for yourself to see. Take a LONG test drive (mine was over an hour) and by the time you come back, you'll be converted.

Old 07-31-2001, 07:22 AM

Re: Hey, I offered, and I thought that at the restaurant you'd have asked again

Take a LONG test drive (mine was over an hour) and by the time you come back, you'll be converted.
That was what I was afraid of. Knowing me, I would have run out on Monday morning and ordered one...skrew what the wife thought. I would rather fiend from afar than go overboard and fiend up close and in person. It is all about self-control. When I get tunnel vision, it ain't pretty.

Lovejoy
Old 07-31-2001, 07:30 AM

Re: Check your private messages

Hey, we didn't get a chance to meet but the car was sweet, on the track and off. Take care of her brotha.
Old 07-31-2001, 08:20 AM
JimW

I didn't see you there either-->

Originally posted by deezo

Hey, we didn't get a chance to meet but the car was sweet, on the track and off. Take care of her brotha.
and Jambo didn't let me park onthe hill with the rest of the guys, he kept muttering something about "damn German car, should park by itself" LOL!!

Old 07-31-2001, 08:24 AM

Re: I didn't see you there either-->

and Jambo didn't let me park onthe hill with the rest of the guys, he kept muttering something about "damn German car, should park by itself" LOL!!

Too bad!!!! LOL!!! I have nothing against Euros especially after driving them for the last 5 years.