General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

is it just me!!!!!!???????

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2000, 12:30 PM

i believe there is a conspiracy or something among the aftermarket manufacturer and those damn hondas and ****. i feel like the aftermarket world is ****ing ignoring our demands. whatever aftermarket parts they have for max is nothing compared to hondas and other makes. let's take for instance body kit. for the 4th gen there are only three different type of kit. 2 for 95-96 and 1 for 97-99. hondas maybe 50 different kit. how bout clears??? are they trying to play with my emotions? damn if they gonna come out with clears then come out with all 4 pieces. is this suppose to be a joke only the 2 outer pieces. and for the altezza. i've e-mailed those folks at apc for some altezza. not even one god damn reply. they claim that there are not enough demands for them. i think not. what about those damn dodge neon. i don't think there is that much demand for them and apc created the altezza for them. my list could go on and on. i'm sorry for posting this but i feel like i just had to say something if it haven't been said before. now i feel better. and also our max beat every other four door cars in our class and this is what we get in return. NO GOD DAMN RESPECT. and that is my $.02
Old 10-22-2000, 01:24 PM

i agree with ya man, but the truth is that there are far more hondas on the street. It's simply a demand and supply situation(or wat ever u call it). As for the altezza, there are really not many supporters on this. Most members here think it would look ugly on the max. How about honda owners? hell they would put anything on their car, ha!

peace
Old 10-22-2000, 01:37 PM
The missing moderator

Emm... ever look at what kinda car you are driving? A *family* sedan. Respect? what about it? The 1000 members here won't be able to support that maxima aftermarket. Supply and demand... and until the maxima gets ride of the rear log suspension, I don't think it will get much respect or attention. After all, even Hyundai has IRS...

As for that remark about how honda owners will put anything on their cars.... hmm again a gross generalization. I've seen some pretty damn ugly maximas. I promise you this, if we woke up tomorrow moring and you had the same after market select on the maxima, you will get just as many people putting crap on their cars.

Originally posted by Yellowbrother
i believe there is a conspiracy or something among the aftermarket manufacturer and those damn hondas and ****. i feel like the aftermarket world is ****ing ignoring our demands. whatever aftermarket parts they have for max is nothing compared to hondas and other makes. let's take for instance body kit. for the 4th gen there are only three different type of kit. 2 for 95-96 and 1 for 97-99. hondas maybe 50 different kit. how bout clears??? are they trying to play with my emotions? damn if they gonna come out with clears then come out with all 4 pieces. is this suppose to be a joke only the 2 outer pieces. and for the altezza. i've e-mailed those folks at apc for some altezza. not even one god damn reply. they claim that there are not enough demands for them. i think not. what about those damn dodge neon. i don't think there is that much demand for them and apc created the altezza for them. my list could go on and on. i'm sorry for posting this but i feel like i just had to say something if it haven't been said before. now i feel better. and also our max beat every other four door cars in our class and this is what we get in return. NO GOD DAMN RESPECT. and that is my $.02
Old 10-22-2000, 01:42 PM

what i've mention before are just examples. what i'm really trying to say is that i'm the type of person that like to have a little bit of individuality. if u look around every max that has any aftermarket parts on looks exactly alike. i've posted this same thread on the 4th gen forum and some guy was doggin me on it.
Old 10-22-2000, 02:26 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Well..

The Honda Accord is a family sedan as well, but it has way more **** for it then the Maxima.
Honda's popularity is crazy, its always been the leader of import car enthusiasts, popularity wise. How much sh*t do u want done to your car anyways? I think the basic stuff is there..
Old 10-23-2000, 12:22 AM

Originally posted by Shingles
Emm... ever look at what kinda car you are driving? A *family* sedan. Respect? what about it? The 1000 members here won't be able to support that maxima aftermarket. Supply and demand... and until the maxima gets ride of the rear log suspension, I don't think it will get much respect or attention. After all, even Hyundai has IRS...

As for that remark about how honda owners will put anything on their cars.... hmm again a gross generalization. I've seen some pretty damn ugly maximas. I promise you this, if we woke up tomorrow moring and you had the same after market select on the maxima, you will get just as many people putting crap on their cars.

Basically wat i am saying is that because honda owners are willing to try anything (in general), that's why they have so many aftermarket support. As for maxima owners? Ppl start freaking out when someone only "suggest" an altezza light on a max. I mean the light is not even there yet for us to decide how it would look on a max! hmm...i wonder why arn't many aftermarket vendors interest in making maxima parts...
Old 10-23-2000, 06:43 AM
The missing moderator

Specifically about the altezza lights... they look stupid on the altezza, I doubt it would look any better on the maxima.

-Shing

Originally posted by CharlieNewbieMax

Basically wat i am saying is that because honda owners are willing to try anything (in general), that's why they have so many aftermarket support. As for maxima owners? Ppl start freaking out when someone only "suggest" an altezza light on a max. I mean the light is not even there yet for us to decide how it would look on a max! hmm...i wonder why arn't many aftermarket vendors interest in making maxima parts...
Old 10-23-2000, 12:45 PM

Specifically about the altezza lights... they look stupid on the altezza, I doubt it would look any better on the maxima.

-Shing
It's about time someone voiced that.

Thanks Shing.
Old 10-23-2000, 01:37 PM
The missing moderator

Originally posted by Lordrandall

-Shing
It's about time someone voiced that.

Thanks Shing.
You know what's sad? I pulled up behind on yesterday... it was black... I could see from a distance it was altezza lights... I started to think "Damn that's ugly, probably some accord with them".... then I pulled up, it was the IS. I thought, man that doesn't even look good. Oh well...

-Shing
Old 10-23-2000, 02:11 PM

You know what's sad? I pulled up behind on yesterday... it was black... I could see from a distance it was altezza lights... I started to think "Damn that's ugly, probably some accord with them".... then I pulled up, it was the IS. I thought, man that doesn't even look good. Oh well...

-Shing
Yeah, they look pretty tight from the side *cough5thgenmaxcough* but those rear lights. And get a real transmission.....

Old 10-23-2000, 03:13 PM

-Shing

Originally posted by CharlieNewbieMax

well, you may have a point there But befor cheston, who would ever think a touring wing would look good on a max? Atleast they looked nasty on my friends 2k camery. Way to go Ches~