General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

To those running 80-100 shot of NOS...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2001, 08:18 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Just a few quick questions and a little bit of rambling... How hard should I expect it to kick in? I'm just wondering when I should hit it... Am I going to just spin the wheels in first? Ive gotten a bit of wheelspin in 1st with the 50 shot... Should I just wait till a higher RPM to hit it? Over 4k maybe? Anyone with an auto run a 100 shot? Anyone had any drivability issues with the reduced plug gap? Just trying to get some feedback before I do the unreversable!
Thanks in advance
Old 08-08-2001, 09:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by mtrai760
Just a few quick questions and a little bit of rambling... How hard should I expect it to kick in? I'm just wondering when I should hit it... Am I going to just spin the wheels in first? Ive gotten a bit of wheelspin in 1st with the 50 shot... Should I just wait till a higher RPM to hit it? Over 4k maybe? Anyone with an auto run a 100 shot? Anyone had any drivability issues with the reduced plug gap? Just trying to get some feedback before I do the unreversable!
Thanks in advance
it'll hit hard. expect more wheelspin.
Old 08-08-2001, 10:43 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

I can't wait. i have to fix a couple little things first. i have to reduce my gap some more and i'm running REAL rich with the same bypass jet and a 60-shot now that i have the new pump. like 80psi. i need to get a bigger jet right to run leaner? but when i get a 100shot what size bypass. .055 right?
Old 08-09-2001, 01:12 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Yeah, I couldn't take it, I had to get another fuel pump! Bring it on...
Old 08-09-2001, 05:16 AM

Yeah, I couldn't take it, I had to get another fuel pump! Bring it on...
are you serious matt. that's funny. buy one, sell it to me, and buy another. i hope you didn't take too much of a hit on the one you sold me. thanks again. i'm loving it. I have to move my fan spray nozzle closer again. i'm gonna go into the rubber coupler on the CAI like Thomas did.
Old 08-09-2001, 08:10 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Ha ha. I know, but hey, my loss is your gain! They are $118 normally, so I didn't take too much of a loss. I have other crap to pay off still, but 100 shot of NOS, come on, how can ya pass! I haven't started experimenting with Nozzle placement yet, I didn't really want to drill that many holes in my CAI. I'm thinking I need to get that window switch soon though, no need to take any chances. Are you having any probs with the car running rich off the bottle? Just wonderin.

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

are you serious matt. that's funny. buy one, sell it to me, and buy another. i hope you didn't take too much of a hit on the one you sold me. thanks again. i'm loving it. I have to move my fan spray nozzle closer again. i'm gonna go into the rubber coupler on the CAI like Thomas did.
Old 08-09-2001, 10:49 AM

Ha ha. I know, but hey, my loss is your gain! They are $118 normally, so I didn't take too much of a loss. I have other crap to pay off still, but 100 shot of NOS, come on, how can ya pass! I haven't started experimenting with Nozzle placement yet, I didn't really want to drill that many holes in my CAI. I'm thinking I need to get that window switch soon though, no need to take any chances. Are you having any probs with the car running rich off the bottle? Just wonderin.

ya i am running a little rich, but listen to this. on the first tank of gas after the pump i got some of the best MPG ever. Weird. i am running a little high on the fuel pressure though but it's ok. although i am WAY rich on the bottle, i need to get some new jets. i'm gonna call summitracing right now. And the window switch is next after the vb and shocks.
Old 08-09-2001, 12:00 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Yeah, I asked Matt (Mardigrasmax) about his fuel pressure regulator, and he said he was running rich which is why he got it. However, I asked Thomas (SX7R) about it, and he said he is not using one, and doesn't have a problem, so who knows? I'm kinda hoping I don't have to go to one, since they cost so freakin much, but ya gotta pay to play sometimes...

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

ya i am running a little rich, but listen to this. on the first tank of gas after the pump i got some of the best MPG ever. Weird. i am running a little high on the fuel pressure though but it's ok. although i am WAY rich on the bottle, i need to get some new jets. i'm gonna call summitracing right now. And the window switch is next after the vb and shocks.
Old 08-10-2001, 08:09 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

you nos guys...

Yeah, I asked Matt (Mardigrasmax) about his fuel pressure regulator, and he said he was running rich which is why he got it. However, I asked Thomas (SX7R) about it, and he said he is not using one, and doesn't have a problem, so who knows? I'm kinda hoping I don't have to go to one, since they cost so freakin much, but ya gotta pay to play sometimes...

i have a question about fuel pressure regulators - will i need one? what about the Stillen fuel pressure riser? will that work ? i plan on running a 70 shot. i know i will need the high flo pump and colder plugs but i need to know about the fuel pressure regulator
Old 08-10-2001, 08:38 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Re: you nos guys...

Don't support Stealin The issue is with the increased fuel pressure from the High flow fuel pump causing the car to run too rich. This can be adjusted for with the NOS via the fuel pressure nozzle at the regulator, just change the size of the nozzle to adjust the pressure. However, there can be a problem of running rich off the bottle too. I'll post again on here after I get my pump put in on what I need to do, but some have had a problem and others not, so we'll see...

Originally posted by nismo2020

i have a question about fuel pressure regulators - will i need one? what about the Stillen fuel pressure riser? will that work ? i plan on running a 70 shot. i know i will need the high flo pump and colder plugs but i need to know about the fuel pressure regulator
Old 08-10-2001, 12:44 PM

i don't have a FP regulator with my pump and i do run a little rich off the bottle but i haven't seen any adverse side effects. actually i got better gas mileage with the new pump. I just ordered some new jets for my nos though i'm running RICH!! on the bottle now. it was a little lean with the stock pump but now it's RICH.