General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Interesting thing happend on the drive to work

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 10:44 AM
Administrator

i noticed that everytime i stepped on my brake pedal.. the speakers would pop and the Odometer would drop to zero and back to normal speed..

it kept happend for about 10 miles.. and while in traffic near the side of the road.. i decided to put the car in neutral and step on the brake.. now i lost all power... i pushed the car to the side of the road.. some guy got out his car and helped me push it to the soft shoulder..

i tried to start the car and i noticed i had no power.. i know it wasn't the starter because not even the lights came on.. i figure it might be the altenator but i my battery light was never on..

A state trooper pulled up and was very nice in helping me.. he offered to call the assistance people but i told him let me try something first.. i went to the trunk of the car and pulled off a speaker wire to test if the batter was good..

Popped the hood and notice that the batter cable connector was loose.. hmm.. tested with the wire just in case.. got a nice spark so i know the battery was good to go.. tighten the battery connector.. and she started right up..

Interesting morning indeed.. thanks to that trooper who was nice enough to help me out.. and that guy..
Old 08-09-2001, 10:53 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

yeah, quick thinking Sprint...

Originally posted by SprintMax
i noticed that everytime i stepped on my brake pedal.. the speakers would pop and the Odometer would drop to zero and back to normal speed..

it kept happend for about 10 miles.. and while in traffic near the side of the road.. i decided to put the car in neutral and step on the brake.. now i lost all power... i pushed the car to the side of the road.. some guy got out his car and helped me push it to the soft shoulder..

i tried to start the car and i noticed i had no power.. i know it wasn't the starter because not even the lights came on.. i figure it might be the altenator but i my battery light was never on..

A state trooper pulled up and was very nice in helping me.. he offered to call the assistance people but i told him let me try something first.. i went to the trunk of the car and pulled off a speaker wire to test if the batter was good..

Popped the hood and notice that the batter cable connector was loose.. hmm.. tested with the wire just in case.. got a nice spark so i know the battery was good to go.. tighten the battery connector.. and she started right up..

Interesting morning indeed.. thanks to that trooper who was nice enough to help me out.. and that guy..

Did the Trooper see the bottle by any chance when u opened the trunk? hehe, just wondering what he would do if he had..
Old 08-09-2001, 10:58 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

ya i'd be afraid of the trooper seeing the bottle. i'd be like, no i'm fine, really. ok bye.
Old 08-09-2001, 11:06 AM

the same thing happened to me the day after i had my stereo installed on my first max. the guys put in 4 or maybe 2 gauge wire for my amps and apparently he didn't tighten the connectors very well and they came off and the car woudn't start. so i popped the hood and saw the connector, re-attached it , and i was off bumpin' away....
Old 08-09-2001, 11:21 AM
Administrator

my bottle is not in the car

and yes he did look in the trunk.. you know cops even though they are helping you have to secure the perimeter.. so he might want to see if i had any stuff in the trunk
Old 08-09-2001, 11:29 AM

Same thing happened to me. I was sitting at the stop light. My car just died. Couldnt start the car. Four ways would go one, etc. My brother figured it pretty quick though, god thing, i wouldnt have thought of it .
Old 08-09-2001, 01:09 PM

sort of the same thing happened to my friend. he hooked up his foglights and didnt ground them very good, i told him "thats a bad ground" and he goes "nah, its fine" (it was the battery). so a few days later he calls me up and says his car wont start, he has no electrical power at all. so i go over and pull the foglight fuse, the car runs like a champ. so he decides he wants to use his fogs again, so he put the fuse back in, a few hours later it wont start again, pulls the fuse and it works fine. a few weeks ago i regrounded them, havent had any problems since.
Old 08-09-2001, 03:30 PM

my bottle is not in the car

and yes he did look in the trunk.. you know cops even though they are helping you have to secure the perimeter.. so he might want to see if i had any stuff in the trunk

then were is your bottle?
Old 08-09-2001, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

then were is your bottle?
thats a very good question steve
Old 08-09-2001, 04:16 PM

Old 08-09-2001, 04:23 PM

Besides Thomas am i the only other one who keeps the bottle in my car? And no they cant take it away from me. The beauty of having a NOS permit.
Old 08-09-2001, 05:21 PM
i SeE what you did therE

thats a very good question steve

Old 08-09-2001, 08:35 PM

Originally posted by Synki
Besides Thomas am i the only other one who keeps the bottle in my car? And no they cant take it away from me. The beauty of having a NOS permit.
I keep mine in my car all the time. I just ordered a blow down tube, because of what happened with medicsonic. this cop is town it out for me and i'm not taking chances.
Old 08-09-2001, 09:07 PM

what happened to medisonic and whats a blow down tube?
Old 08-10-2001, 05:19 AM

Originally posted by Soon2BMaxed
what happened to medisonic and whats a blow down tube?
He got pulled over and the cop searched the trunk and found his bottle and said it had to have a blow down tube and was a ****. he then called the bomb squad in and they took the bottle. A blow down tube goes on the safety release cap and if the pressure get too high, (never gonna happen). it vents the pressure outside. Its 20 bucks and if it will keep the cops at bay and provide piece of mind it's worth it.