General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Northeast Ohio Meet...9/9/01. Brunswick, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2001, 10:12 AM
Maxima Enthusiast

I wish I can meet you guys since the last time NE Ohio people got together, only 3 showed up. This one sounds like a much bigger one. Maybe even twice as big!!

Unfortunately, I don't believe I will be able to attend since my wife has planned a get-together for few of our friends this Saturday. The plan isn't firm yet so if that fails to go through, I will be there. She is calling people this afternoon to confirm.

For your homelink. I don't have a scanner so I will tell you what's on the "Quick Ref" sheet

1. Test HomeLink Trnsmitter by pressing any button (red indicator light should come on).

2. Clear all channels by pressing both outside buttons at the same time on HomeLink and hold until red indicator light blinks rapidly (approximately 20 seconds), the release.

3. Program HomeLink with your hand-held transmitter.
Press the button you want to program, and activate the hand-held transmitter until "red indicator light" blinks 'slowly' (programming mode, hold buttons down).

4. Continue holding down HomeLink and hand-held transmitter buttons until red indicator light blinks 'rapidly' (this may take 1-30 seconds), then release. You can now use HomeLink instead of your hand-held transmitter.

There's another section on the back for "Rolling Code" feature for those garage door openers that has that feature. but I am too lazy to type that section. Let me know if you need it and I will email it to you.

Originally posted by 18its
shumax -

its nice to know there's an interest for max enthusiast to showcase their cars in front of k-mart. born and bred in brunswick and i have recently relocated to phoenix, AZ.

listen, i have a 97 max gle and i bought it from pvt owner in north royalton, oh; however, the owner misplaced her owners manual and on the 97 max, the drivers side sun-visor has buttons for the garage door opener. how do you adjust the settings to have it coincide with the garage door?

many thanks.
85 blue devil alum.
Old 09-06-2001, 10:31 AM
is invisible

That's an easy one...

Originally posted by SighMax
I wish I can meet you guys since the last time NE Ohio people got together, only 3 showed up. This one sounds like a much bigger one. Maybe even twice as big!!

Unfortunately, I don't believe I will be able to attend since my wife has planned a get-together for few of our friends this Saturday. The plan isn't firm yet so if that fails to go through, I will be there. She is calling people this afternoon to confirm.
Just cancel all and any telephone services!
Every married man should know how to slip out of a get-together.
Old 09-06-2001, 12:16 PM

shame-shame, everybody knows your game:)

Just kidding---I know that if my wife told me I had to do something like that I would be hooked into it. Although I would bargain a bit and see if I could break away for an hour or so. That would never fly though

Here's an idea---invite us over to the gathering too. I will bring my friend Sam Adams along if you want--he's a cool guy!

Kmart giving stuff away? Wow...that would be sweet. I'll take some car cleaning supplies. My car is filthy--I don't think I am going to have time to clean it either!

See ya guys!
SHUMAX
Old 09-06-2001, 02:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Kmart

Originally posted by shumax
To bad Kmart would kick me off quicker than a shoplifter!
SHUMAX
Nah... we could always say we're with the Union and we are just picketing their *****. Those Union people have been picketing Kmart for several years now! Don't know about Brunswick, but last I went to Kmart near me, they were still there with their signs...
Old 09-07-2001, 08:51 AM
is invisible

Tomorrow!

I'll bring the Union-picket signs.

I hear it's supposed to rain.
Old 09-07-2001, 06:58 PM
Maxima Enthusiast

Re: Kmart

I believe they only picket the SuperK stores. I haven't seen it at BigK. Which one is this? Super or Big?

Anyway, it's been confirmed that I can't make it =(

Originally posted by Mishmosh

Nah... we could always say we're with the Union and we are just picketing their *****. Those Union people have been picketing Kmart for several years now! Don't know about Brunswick, but last I went to Kmart near me, they were still there with their signs...
Old 09-08-2001, 06:41 AM
pprince

Re: Awesome!

Originally posted by CoolMax

Hope to see you there; where do you live?

Meet specifics: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=62888
Bad News

I checked my schedule and can't make it. I'm working this evening. Maybe another time.

I live in Mentor. Brunswick is about an hour away, but I drive 45 minutes to work each day in Bay Village, so one hour is not that bad.

Hopefully a few people will show up. Good Luck

Old 09-08-2001, 10:22 AM

hmmm

This isn't going to be as good as I once thought. It's stopped raining here though...that's a good thing---suns out big time too.

SHUMAX
Old 09-08-2001, 01:07 PM

I AM OFFFF!!!!!!!

Ok..It's about 4:15 and I am about to take off for Brunswick. Hope that someone shows up. I got the digital camera with me!

it's sunny and 78! Lets do it!!!!!!!

SHUMAX
Old 09-08-2001, 03:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I cant make it!

I didn't even get home from the game til 530pm
I also needed to take a shower, so I am sorry I cannot make it!
I hope someone shows up!!!!!!
peace out