General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

New moderator policies sticky and Max FAQs sticky.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 04:09 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Old 08-16-2001, 04:22 PM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Old 08-16-2001, 05:16 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by redmaxpa007

:laugh :laugh
Whatcha laughin at?

Old 08-16-2001, 05:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You guys made a joke out of this thread. Nice Job!
Old 08-16-2001, 05:19 PM

Old 08-16-2001, 05:39 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by Lordrandall

Old 08-16-2001, 06:06 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by deezo
I see red X! Doh!
Old 08-16-2001, 06:39 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

?
that's actually medic, lime and me.
Old 08-16-2001, 08:24 PM

does this mean I can't diss people's touring wings anymore??? just kiddin chebosto :-D
Old 08-16-2001, 09:22 PM

Deezo,

I'm sorry, please explain to me what you are referring to. so saying if you don't like it please leave is not "professional"?

I reduced my number of posts around here because of the *incredibly* childish behavior which I thought was only limited to Club Si. In the past, oh 4-5 months, I doubt you will find more htan 15,20 posts from me.

I'm sorry, since when did moderator not allow to speak his or her mind? So you are saying that we are to sit here and read some bs and not be allowed to respond? Please, give me a break...

Yes, saying if you don't like it, please leave is as simple as it gets. I don't flame, i don't talk about your mother, I don't talk about your family and I do not talk about you. If you rather me go down to the level of some memebers sure I too can do that, but I would rather not do that.

I am not here to win a popularity contest Deezo. If you are offended by me doing my moderator duties, then I can only say I'm sorry... I'm sorry that you "don't like my style". But hey, I don't plan on running for the President of the USA so I think I am going to be ok.

In the mean time, I am going to go stealth again... if you still have an issue with me... email works well.

-Shing

Bill, with all do respect, we have seen how Shing feels about people not following the rules but he could be more professional about it.

I agree with your professional statements but being that you guys have the power to kick people out anyway, why say things in a way to get some people going? Just post what YOU posted and if someone gets out of line pull them aside and remind them of whats going to happen if their garbage doesn't cease. If they don't cease disable them without an argument.

To say "If you don't like it leave" is straight to the point but should ALL members(moderators also) show professionalism and respect when trying to get a point across?

I have my fire hat on.
Old 08-17-2001, 03:20 AM

Originally posted by Mustang1999
Deezo,

I'm sorry, please explain to me what you are referring to. so saying if you don't like it please leave is not "professional"?

I reduced my number of posts around here because of the *incredibly* childish behavior which I thought was only limited to Club Si. In the past, oh 4-5 months, I doubt you will find more htan 15,20 posts from me.

I'm sorry, since when did moderator not allow to speak his or her mind? So you are saying that we are to sit here and read some bs and not be allowed to respond? Please, give me a break...

Yes, saying if you don't like it, please leave is as simple as it gets. I don't flame, i don't talk about your mother, I don't talk about your family and I do not talk about you. If you rather me go down to the level of some memebers sure I too can do that, but I would rather not do that.

I am not here to win a popularity contest Deezo. If you are offended by me doing my moderator duties, then I can only say I'm sorry... I'm sorry that you "don't like my style". But hey, I don't plan on running for the President of the USA so I think I am going to be ok.

In the mean time, I am going to go stealth again... if you still have an issue with me... email works well.

-Shing

I'll email you.
Old 08-17-2001, 03:44 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Do you guys really want Zero moderation? This place would go to hell in about a week.
Old 08-17-2001, 04:37 AM

Originally posted by NickStam
Do you guys really want Zero moderation? This place would go to hell in about a week.
Thats not what I'm talkin about. The point I am making is sometime it looks like the moderators(not all) get involved in flames they fuel and why? Just make your general point and lock the thread. Why take a personal attack, THEN lock the thread. Better yet, delete it. As a member, I don't want to read garbage either so why leave it around for people to see?

[I forgot something before]
Bill, I am not here to do a job, you are. You somehow got the job of moderation and think what you say goes. Well as members we also have a say so. We contribute our time to make this website a place to hang, laugh and pass info. If nobody stopped here to hang out, Jamie would be wasting his money.
People like Medic tell you what bothers him and you give him a smart a$$ answer and you do that to everyone. Then you expect everyone to read your all of your "Stickies with Attitude" in its entirety and half way throught them people lose interest. I know I do.

Don't speak for Shing because I will be emailing him.
Old 08-17-2001, 04:46 AM

Shing, it seems you have your email turned off so send me an email and I WILL reply.
Old 08-17-2001, 05:17 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

The point I am making is sometime it looks like the moderators(not all) get involved in flames they fuel and why? Just make your general point and lock the thread.

Since you have no why of comprehending what it takes to babysit you all around here, I'll let the comment slide. Suffice to say that you don't understand all that happens around here and I am forced to make examples of people who choose to let their stupidity ooze rather than keep their trap shut.

[QUOTE][B]Why take a personal attack, THEN lock the thread.

Better yet delete it.

I thought this was covered in the rules. I guess I wasn't clear enough.

As a member, I don't want to read garbage either so why leave it around for people to see?

The only effective way I've found to moderate here is to make examples out of people. It usually shuts them down very well.

I forgot something Bill, I am not here to do a job, you are.

When did I start getting paid for this?

This isn't a job, it's a favor to Jamie who is a friend.

You somehow got the job of moderation and think what you say goes.

It does.

Well as members we also have a say so.

You have a right to opinions and suggestions, but not actions. That isn't within your power. You need to get over it.

We contribute our time to make this website a place to hang and pass info.

You are under no obligation to do so. Very few of the members "pass info" as you well know.

If nobody stopped here to hang out, Jamie would be wasting his money.

Yep.

People like Medic tell you what bothers him and you give him a smart a$$ answer and you do that to everyone.

Medic went to e-mail, as thinking members usually do, and we cleared it up. Or, at least medic better understands a policy now he was not aware of before. I would go into it, but that would require effort.

Then you expect evryone to read your all of your "Stickies with Attitude" in its entirety and half way throught them people lose interest. I know I do.

So what you're saying is you are the problem because you don't read the rules. That's fine. No one is holding a gun to your head telling you to read the rules, but it does make what's expected here clear.

Don't speak for Shing because I will be emailing him.
Hmmm...so you can say what you want and I can't respond?

Hmmmmm....OK....I thought I was the only one here with attitude.

If you had any clue what Shing has done to contribute you would change your mind. He is a primary reason why 4th gen KYB AGXs are due out in October rather than three years from now. But there I go again into wanting people to contribute when they can instead of being full time leeches.....
Old 08-17-2001, 05:41 AM

Since you have no why of comprehending what it takes to babysit you all around here, I'll let the comment slide. Suffice to say that you don't understand all that happens around here and I am forced to make examples of people who choose to let their stupidity ooze rather than keep their trap shut.
Listen, you don't have to babysit me. I am 32 and can walk on my own.

I thought this was covered in the rules. I guess I wasn't clear enough.
Hmmm, oh well.

The only effective way I've found to moderate here is to make examples out of people. It usually shuts them down very well.
Which also allows people to read stupid arguments to make up their own negative assumptions about this site.

This isn't a job, it's a favor to Jamie who is a friend.
The way you put it, moderation is a job if you call it babysitting. And I am not telling you to stop moderation. I am saying moderate as if you were running a business managing people because its just about the same if you look at it.

You have a right to opinions and suggestions, but not actions. That isn't within your power.
True dat, but when was the last time I tried to take an action on this website?

You need to get over it.
There is definitely nothing to get over here.

Very few of the members "pass info" as you well know.

So what you're saying is you are the problem because you don't read the rules.[/quote] I would like to read the rulse without a personal attitude behind them, Now your about to catch onto what I am talking about.

Hmmm...so you can say what you want and I can't respond?

Hmmmmm....OK....I thought I was the only one here with attitude.
Hehe.

If you had any clue what Shing has done to contribute you would change your mind. He is a primary reason why 4th gen KYB AGXs are due out in October rather than three years from now. But there I go again into wanting people to contribute when they can instead of being full time leeches.....
I am sure Shing does a lot and I am not getting into the personal business of his contributions. More power and success to him. And me personally, I have started my own campaign to get Nissan to make mods for Maximas. So if you must know, I am not a leech(I have no performance mods) and I am trying to get some quality mods made for our autos from Nissan America.
Old 08-17-2001, 05:58 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

this is just funny. hehe
Old 08-17-2001, 06:46 AM

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88
this is just funny. hehe
Shut up Steve.
[flame retardant suit on] Oh, and should'nt we move this to FEEDBACK now?[/still on]
Old 08-17-2001, 06:49 AM

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88
this is just funny. hehe
Not really, actually it's sad. The members taking issues with this are the ones that are not the problem in the first place.
Old 08-17-2001, 06:52 AM
Administrator

so yeah i measured myself today.. and i think its bigger than yours
Old 08-17-2001, 07:04 AM

Listen, you don't have to babysit me. I am 32 and can walk on my own.

I never said you were the problem.

The way you put it, moderation is a job if you call it babysitting.

job (jb)
n.
A regular activity performed in exchange for payment, especially as one's trade, occupation, or profession.

ba·by-sit also ba·by·sit (bb-st)
v. ba·by-·sat, (-st) ba·by-·sit·ting, ba·by-·sits
v. intr.
To take care of a child or children in the absence of a parent or guardian.
To take care of or watch over someone or something needing attention or guidance.

I don't see how these two terms are synonomous. I am not compensated to do this.

And I am not telling you to stop moderation. I am saying moderate as if you were running a business managing people because its just about the same if you look at it.

Since you claimed that you only read half of it, I'll repeat:

2) You are not stockholders of dot org. You are not owners of dot org. Moderation is an autocracy, meaning you have little or no control over actions that are taken, particularly if you violate any of the dot org forum rules you stipulated to when originally joining as a member. If you have a problem with a moderation policy, take it up through Private Messaging or e-mail with either the moderator or Jambo.

3) Please do not demand that the boards be moderated the way you want. Go start another board and moderate it the way you wish. The internet is a vast resource of untapped potential. Take advantage and upstage dot org if you have better ideas.

I can't control whether you follow instructions or read the rules. But I can take actions.

There is definitely nothing to get over here.

Through your own posts, it's obvious you want the power to do shape things as you see fit. You don't have the power, so that's what you need to get over. There are constructive ways to make suggestions, and you've chosen not to take that route.

I would like to read the rulse without a personal attitude behind them, Now your about to catch onto what I am talking about.

I just love repeating myself.

The harsh language of moderator responses is usually nothing personal, just bold statements to keep topics fresh and flame wars at a minimum.

I am sure Shing does a lot and I am not getting into the personal business of his contributions.
That's fine and dandy, but you opened the door and took the first shot with the unprofessional comment. I for one will go out of my way to defend such remarks.

And me personally, I have started my own campaign to get Nissan to make mods for Maximas.

Good, we need more members like yourself to take action.

So if you must know, I am not a leech(I have no performance mods) and I am trying to get some quality mods made for our autos from Nissan America.
Please find where I gave you that label.
Old 08-17-2001, 07:07 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by SprintMax
so yeah i measured myself today.. and i think its bigger than yours
Hi Sprint!
Old 08-17-2001, 07:57 AM

Hmm, a moderator moderating a moderator. Interesting. BTW Bill, have you thought of maybe asking Jambo to select a few more moderators? We currently have 4 (Jamie, you, Kev and Shing, I haven't seen Tim W for a LONG time) to watch over 6600 people. That's asking ALOT of you.
Old 08-17-2001, 08:08 AM

Originally posted by medicsonic
Hmm, a moderator moderating a moderator. Interesting. BTW Bill, have you thought of maybe asking Jambo to select a few more moderators? We currently have 4 (Jamie, you, Kev and Shing, I haven't seen Tim W for a LONG time) to watch over 6600 people. That's asking ALOT of you.
Recommendations have been submitted, and I would assume will be approved/disapproved by Jamie once the server upgrade is in place.

I have not discussed it at length with Jamie though in a while.

In addition, my original recommendations did not account for the 50% increase in our membership here that has occurred this summer alone.

That is something I will take under advisement. Thanks medic.
Old 08-17-2001, 08:09 AM
Administrator

yeah i am still shocked he edited my post.. geez... you know we moderators have to stick together..

Kev ran Tim W off the board.. Tim W complained that he couldn't stand the spam and antics of kev
Old 08-17-2001, 08:15 AM

yeah i am still shocked he edited my post.. geez... you know we moderators have to stick together..

Kev ran Tim W off the board.. Tim W complained that he couldn't stand the spam and antics of kev
Sprint,

I think he was referring to me editing Kev, which was just editing you.

Nickelodean Rule.

Although the way TV is going, we all probably will be allowed to cuss like sailors in the near future.

In truth, I am just oppressing Sprint and keeping him down. I hate him and go out of my way to diss him. I follow him around in various Hon-duh's (like his "kill" the other night....that was me) and try to pick on him just to make him go 130 and get EVERYONE against him.

It's an ingenious plan that's working. I'm tricking you all. Medicsonic is next.

Old 08-17-2001, 08:19 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

I have no power in the General Forum... only in the 5th Gen and the highly regarded Test Forum.
Old 08-17-2001, 08:23 AM
Administrator

I have no power in the General Forum... only in the 5th Gen and the highly regarded Test Forum.
where did i make mention of the General Forum or any of its moderators?
Old 08-17-2001, 08:24 AM
Administrator

What on God's green earth gave you that idea?
Originally posted by bill99gxe

Sprint,

I think he was referring to me editing Kev, which was just editing you.
Old 08-17-2001, 08:28 AM

First:
Hmm, a moderator moderating a moderator. Interesting.

I assumed medic was referring to my editing Kev's post, which contained your quote that I edited earlier.

Then you said:

yeah i am still shocked he edited my post

I took it as sarcasm from you, and only was commenting on medicsonic's response which I thought you responded to.

Is that clear?
Old 08-17-2001, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Bill go and clean your spectacles.. that reply was not for you

Originally posted by bill99gxe

First:
Hmm, a moderator moderating a moderator. Interesting.

I assumed medic was referring to my editing Kev's post, which contained your quote that I edited earlier.

Then you said:

yeah i am still shocked he edited my post

I took it as sarcasm from you, and only was commenting on medicsonic's response which I thought you responded to.

Is that clear?
Old 08-17-2001, 08:59 AM

I never said you were the problem.
No problem there.

job
- If you look at it the way "stay at home mothers" look at it, its a job.

Since you claimed that you only read half of it, I'll repeat:

2) You are not stockholders of dot org. You are not owners of dot org. Moderation is an autocracy, meaning you have little or no control over actions that are taken, particularly if you violate any of the dot org forum rules you stipulated to when originally joining as a member. If you have a problem with a moderation policy, take it up through Private Messaging or e-mail with either the moderator or Jambo.

3) Please do not demand that the boards be moderated the way you want. Go start another board and moderate it the way you wish. The internet is a vast resource of untapped potential. Take advantage and upstage dot org if you have better ideas.

I can't control whether you follow instructions or read the rules. But I can take actions.
And???? I have read this(don't assume before you get the facts) and I feel(my opinion being brought to the table) it can be worded in a way so the reader doesn't take it personally.

Through your own posts, it's obvious you want the power to do shape things as you see fit. You don't have the power, so that's what you need to get over. There are constructive ways to make suggestions, and you've chosen not to take that route.
Trust me when I say I am not that simple of a person because you think I want to be like you guys. I don't know about other people here but I have the control I need to deal with just about everything. I don't need to control the .org. So you can kill that noise. I have two of my own websites to control. Please.

[i]The harsh language of moderator responses is usually nothing personal, just bold statements to keep topics fresh and flame wars at a minimum.
I have seen you add fuel to the fire and then lock the thread.

That's fine and dandy, but you opened the door and took the first shot with the unprofessional comment. I for one will go out of my way to defend such remarks.
Unprofessional? I don't recall any ignorant behavior on my part. Unprofessional is telling people "If you don't like it you can leave". PERIOD. By no means am I telling people to act like they have no home training and to disregard everything you guys are trying to get across to the newcomers. My issue is they way you guys are trying do this(and maybe Jamie does need to hear from me and a ton of others about this). This ain't Uncle Sam's Jacked up Army.

Good, we need more members like yourself to take action.
Thank you. Personally I am tired of seeing posts about brand new SC's failing and seeing Honda stuff all over the net.
Old 08-17-2001, 09:24 AM

Us 3rd gens are angels
Old 08-17-2001, 09:25 AM

If you look at it the way "stay at home mothers" look at it, its a job.

I don't see it that way.

And???? I have read this(don't assume before you get the facts)

You're the one who earlier stated that you couldn't read half of it.

Then you expect everyone to read your all of your "Stickies with Attitude" in its entirety and half way throught them people lose interest. I know I do.

It isn't clear if this statement meant you read it all or not. I only commented on what YOU reported as a fact. I can't help it if you don't know what you previously stated, I can only point it out.

and I feel(my opinion being brought to the table) it can be worded in a way so the reader doesn't take it personally.

Again, this is being ignored because of the policy that states PMs or e-mails to moderators or admins is the way to take this up. In addition, there's a Feedback forum.

Trust me when I say I am not that simple of a person because you think I want to be like you guys.

You clearly want to shape policy or you wouldn't comment in the first place. Shaping policy and "being like one of us" are two different things. Shaping policy requires a position of authority, which you do not have. It wasn't an attack on your intelligence. This is one of the more intelligent flame wars I've been in. Beats the crap out of ones with Russ.

I don't know about other people here but I have the control I need to deal with just about everything. I don't need to control the .org. So you can kill that noise. I have two of my own websites to control. Please.

It appears to me that you would like to have some control or we wouldn't have gone this far.

I have seen you add fuel to the fire and then lock the thread.

1) I will not argue the fuel to the fire comment as that is accurate.

2) Find me more than one example of this. I have a policy of avoiding doing this because I'm don't back down or run away from anyone. Responding and immediately locking topics is a sign of cowardess. Therefore, I try and avoid doing that.

Plus, you'll have a chance to use the search function.

Unprofessional? I don't recall any ignorant behavior on my part.

Please don't start with the "I think your ignorant" stuff. I have not stated this.

Unprofessional is telling people "If you don't like it you can leave". PERIOD.

Why is that unprofessional? A little "black and white" in this otherwise gray world we live in is refreshing. People have the choice. No one is holding a gun to their head asking them to stay or telling them to leave. If people really don't like policies and stick to their principles, they should leave and not look back.

By no means am I telling people to act like they have no home training and to disregard everything you guys are trying to get across to the newcomers. My issue is they way you guys are trying do this(and maybe Jamie does need to hear from me and a ton of others about this). This ain't Uncle Sam's Jacked up Army.

There has been a clear pattern of disrespect and disregarding of rules and policies already in place. This "Army" as you refere to it is the next step. All you have to do is take care of your own backyard and you won't see a peep from the moderators. It's not on us, it's on each and every member.
Old 08-17-2001, 09:38 AM
Administrator

I would like to close this thread on this note

Old 08-17-2001, 09:41 AM
i SeE what you did therE

wow

jab.. jab..

right cross... dodge.. roundhouse... jab..jab..
Old 08-17-2001, 09:56 AM

All in all this needs to come to an end an we can sit here all day talking about this. I am not trying to bend policies of the website, webmasters, or moderators. I know Jamie has given you all guidelines too. I am not trying to gain power over the site and maybe I did post my feedback into the wrong thread. Pardon me.

You probably feel there is no getting through to me but I will not stop posting my points of view even if its about moderators. You guys don't have all of the answers.

Oh yeah, I did do a search with your name on threads you were a part of and it wouldn't bring back anything. this is all I get:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

I wonder why?

Sprint, you are a trip.
Old 08-17-2001, 10:01 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I would like to close this thread on this note

Old 08-17-2001, 10:08 AM

Old 08-17-2001, 10:31 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

I was referring to medicsonic's comment of me watching over 6600+ people. The General Forum gets most of the traffic, so only Jamie, Shing, and Bill oversee that many people.

We currently have 4 (Jamie, you, Kev and Shing, I haven't seen Tim W for a LONG time) to watch over 6600 people. That's asking ALOT of you.

Quick Reply: New moderator policies sticky and Max FAQs sticky.........