General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Got rear ended today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 09:30 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

No no, not in my Max God forbid, I'd kill the bastard.
I was driving my bro's Corolla, coming off the Verazanno bridge ramp leading to the Belt Parkway, some jerkoff in a BENZ is tailgating me on the bridge and then I see him swerve all over the place on turns, I really think he was under the influence. So traffic stops, I stop, look over the in the rear view as I slow down (reflex) and I see the Benz going slower so I am standing and looking forward... all of the sudden BOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!! I had my foot on the brake firmly so the poor little Corolla is thrown forward and I bang into the car in front of me hard. Traffic begins to move and I stopped and get out of the car but the ****ing Benz is trying to merge into the right lane!! I glance at the bumper and then run towards him and he then stops, rolls the window down just a few inches and starts to appologize and says come on, it's nothing.. blah blah... I look at the bumper and there is no visible damage.. By this time the dude I was thrown into in an old Cougar gets out and walks around and begins to cuss at the Mercedes guy, the Mercedes guy is like, relax there is nothing there.. but the Cougar guy who looked like Bill Goldberg from the WCW is like "You ****ing moron learn how to use the brakes... " and the Mercedes guy drives off mumbling curses. Bill Goldberg asks me if I am okay and goes back in his car still cursing.
Now that i look at the bumper and get the dirt off, it's all scratched up, I also hurt my elbow a little bit, I was holding the steering wheel at the top with my arm fully extended and it hurts when I bend my elbow. Plus I cut my finger somehow, I don't know on what though... MOTHER****ER!!! Thank god it wasn't my max, the bumper is still clean of scratches and all of the car in general.
All I have to say is, watch out for people who drive weird, get away from them. I saw that Mercedes swerving out of his lane and tailgating me, I figured he's talking on the phone or something, maybe drunk? damn these NYC drivers.
Old 08-16-2001, 06:25 AM

Now that sucks. Did you get the plate?
Old 08-16-2001, 06:30 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Dude that sux. When I saw your post, I was like holy $hit your new max. Good it wasn't your car though, be carefull and watch out for those morons.
Old 08-16-2001, 07:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Whew! At least it wasn't in your Max!

But NYC driver's are focking horrible. I got into an accident because some dumba$$ in a brand spankin new BMW decided to just stop in the middle of an off ramp. The minivan in back of him slammed on his brakes and I didn't expect ANYONE to just stop on an offramp and I rearended the minivan.
Old 08-16-2001, 08:10 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
No no, not in my Max God forbid, I'd kill the bastard... damn these NYC drivers.
Don't forget to count Jersey drivers in. They suck big time. I'm glad you're ok, that's most important.
Old 08-16-2001, 08:28 AM
mrdeucie

Originally posted by AndyXXL
Dude that sux. When I saw your post, I was like holy $hit your new max.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Good thing it wasn't your new max.

Old 08-16-2001, 08:29 AM

Oh yea, I left in the nic of time That stinks man, down here in Florida they would have blocked the whole highway for something like that, but Its wierd that everyone just left without even lick of info from another person. Now I know why everyone drives with bumper guards on every part of the car