General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

HELP! - Tire Kingdom f*cked up my car!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2001, 07:09 AM
YamahaRyder

I went to Tire Kingdom to have my rims taken off because I was selling them and putting the stocks back on, and in the process of removing the rim from the front passenger side, they snapped off two of the bolts(lugs) that holds the actual wheel on. Now my rim is being held on by 3 prongs (I'm sory, I'm not sure what they're called), and when I drive, it makes a HORRIBLE noise. I can't even explain it, but it makes me want to put my head through the moonroof. Please tell me what this part is called, where I can order a new one ASAP, and about how much it will cost. Thank you for any help.

Old 08-17-2001, 07:41 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

You better mkae tire kingdom fix what they broke. It's totally their fault. I've had this happen twice. As far as I'm concerned, if their tool was on it when it borke, they are responsible...
Old 08-17-2001, 07:45 AM
Maxima Princess

Originally posted by YamahaRyder
I went to Tire Kingdom to have my rims taken off because I was selling them and putting the stocks back on, and in the process of removing the rim from the front passenger side, they snapped off two of the bolts(lugs) that holds the actual wheel on. Now my rim is being held on by 3 prongs (I'm sory, I'm not sure what they're called), and when I drive, it makes a HORRIBLE noise. I can't even explain it, but it makes me want to put my head through the moonroof. Please tell me what this part is called, where I can order a new one ASAP, and about how much it will cost. Thank you for any help.

Your Wheel Studs broke? I've had 3 break on my car already.
Old 08-17-2001, 08:10 AM
YamahaRyder

Damn, so it must be like a universal problem for the maxima then, huh? What is the exact name of the part? And how much does it cost? Thanks.

Old 08-17-2001, 08:17 AM

hey didn't you lost your car or something racing slips?
Old 08-17-2001, 08:18 AM

wheel lugs/ wheel lug bolts

they are cheap.. it's that costs., but if you have to replace one or two, might as well do all 5 for the price of the lugs
Old 08-17-2001, 08:23 AM
YamahaRyder

Re: wheel lugs/ wheel lug bolts

Originally posted by LeoB
they are cheap.. it's that costs., but if you have to replace one or two, might as well do all 5 for the price of the lugs
Where would I go to buy new studs, and what kind of place could install them? And how much am I looking to spend?

Old 08-17-2001, 08:24 AM
YamahaRyder

Originally posted by costcowholesale
Good memory, I got it back 4 days later. He was kind of a friend of a friend, so he did him a favor, and I gave him a set of wheels for his car. Still costed me a little more than a grand, but it was worth it to keep my car.

Old 08-17-2001, 09:35 AM

Originally posted by costcowholesale
lol...i remember all that....humm..good then he still has his car!
Old 08-17-2001, 10:06 AM
Maxima Princess

The parts are cheap..it's the labor that the place will charge you to fix them if you dont do it yourself.
Old 08-17-2001, 10:14 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by mzmtg
You better mkae tire kingdom fix what they broke. It's totally their fault. I've had this happen twice. As far as I'm concerned, if their tool was on it when it borke, they are responsible...
Word up!!!!

Yamaha, Tell them to fix what they broke. Let them pay for everything.
Old 08-17-2001, 10:38 AM

Good memory, I got it back 4 days later. He was kind of a friend of a friend, so he did him a favor, and I gave him a set of wheels for his car. Still costed me a little more than a grand, but it was worth it to keep my car.
thats good, didn't you say you were gonna getting a new max or something?
Old 08-17-2001, 11:22 AM

Re: Re: wheel lugs/ wheel lug bolts

Where would I go to buy new studs, and what kind of place could install them? And how much am I looking to spend?
any Nissan dealer should have them in stock..and can ship real quick via courier.
any garage should be able to do that sort of job in about 1 half an hour or 1 hour tops..but I agree with others here..get the twits that broke 'em to fix 'em
Old 08-17-2001, 11:40 AM

Originally posted by mzmtg
NTB broke a stud off of my car when i was getting my rims on. they told me "it would have broken no matter who took it off. there is nothing you can do about that" i guess if its welded on then its welded on. but i tend to give other people the benefit of the doubt. its not worth pointing fingers. try to get them to pay for it. its worth a shot. they could probably even do the labor themselves as well.