General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Nissan dealers should train there salemans better!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 09:49 PM

They know nothing I went test driving because I had a tranny job done this weekend. One salesman told me that the new altima is going to have 280hp and he was going to beat on it today Thursday. another salesman did not even know what kind of limited slip the new maxima has. he said something with a T also as the first 2002 was pulkled off the truck I asked how much? he said it was welll into the $30s. I looked it was $27 and nicely equipted. I test drove a 98 altima(Base model) with a differant salesman and he was tellling me how it is so powerful and can out handle any maxima. He also said that the rear wheels turn slightly with the front ones with a leaf spring suspension. I cant stand how stupid they are!! This made me not want to buy a nissan! Man they all told me how the can take any of they cars home and beat on theM!!! The new maxima front is nice
Old 08-22-2001, 10:02 PM

I Agree!!!

Most of those sales people don't know ****!!!! I could'nt agree more. I usually end up walking out when they give me some kind of bs. They don't care it's just a job for them.
Old 08-22-2001, 11:32 PM

The rear wheels will point in the direction of the turn in hard cornering in an altima. Its called Nissan Super Toe Control. I kid you not. This is valid for all 93-01 altimas. I'm not sure about the new 2k2's.

Mike S.
Old 08-23-2001, 01:04 AM

Originally posted by Mike S.
The rear wheels will point in the direction of the turn in hard cornering in an altima. Its called Nissan Super Toe Control. I kid you not. This is valid for all 93-01 altimas. I'm not sure about the new 2k2's.

Mike S.
All I know is that I felt like I was on ballon tires
Old 08-24-2001, 06:38 AM

Bad Salesman

You should write to Nissan USA about your experience.

I as well as the other professional Salesmen that pride themselves on their training and product knowledge would like to rid the system of idiots like the ones you have been dealing with.

I am a certified Nissan Salesman. I have passed all of my Nissan tests so that I might educate you the consumer regarding the products Nissan offers. It should NOT be the other way around.

On behalf of the professional Auto Consultants around the country " I am Sorry"... Please contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future.
Old 08-24-2001, 07:08 AM

I would see the other side of this issue and use your knowledge to your advantage when you deal with the salesmen. Since they don't know what they're talking about, you might be able to get a sweeter deal on a purchase than with someone who is knowledgeable like bluefish. Give it a try.
Old 08-24-2001, 07:23 AM
Maxima Princess

Yeah tell me about it....when I went to go buy my 99 I was asking questions to see if the salesman knew the answers....guess what I TOLD THEM THE CORRECT ANSWERS! None of them knew anything! Of course they were all impressed with my knowledge of maximas lol and they remember me everytime I go back to the dealership for something.
I told them they needed better training so when peoople come in they can answer them correctly. I gave them a Maxima.org business card but I doubt any of them have come on here.