General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

European Nissans

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2001, 06:55 PM

Thought you guys might find this interesting... I just got back from a trip to Europe (Poland), and I have some pics I snapped of varions Nissan cars over there..

AND YES, I even hunted down a MaximaQX !!!!

http://www.tomz.org/pictures/nissan_europe/

-Tom Z.

Comments?? reply, or sign guestbook...
oh, and if anyone wants the high-res originals (for whatever reason), feel free to e-mail me.. (tomz@oddbite.com)
Old 08-24-2001, 07:33 PM

the primera and the maxima QX are cool, but the other two? pretty ugly if you ask me.
Old 08-24-2001, 07:43 PM

Originally posted by djslinkyz
the primera and the maxima QX are cool, but the other two? pretty ugly if you ask me.

I agree... the MaximaQX looked really cool (esp. in person). Weird seeing a car very similar to your own, yet "different". Like an evil twin..

The other's are built for a completely different market... (Trust me, the average worker wouldn't want to pay for gas to fill a thirsty 3Liter Maxima engine)

The most popular cars over there are those which are the most fuel efficient and reliable. (not powerful) Therefore it's VERY common to see REALLY small cars with REALLY small engines. Nissan (and all other manufacturers know this) and plan their product accordingly..

(Undoubtedly the most popular polish car of all time [now discontinued], was called the FIAT maluch (translated roughly to mean midget, or short one).. It had ONLY 24HP, and about the simplest engine you could possibly imagine!!! [air cooled BTW.],

any thoughts as to what the 0-60 times could have been? (assuming it CAN go 60mph)

-Tom Z.
Old 08-24-2001, 07:59 PM

I like the layout of your site, buy its hella slow! The MaximaQX has a really interesting front end, it looks a bit more aggressive then the domestic version. I like ours better, theres has too much attitude.
Old 08-24-2001, 08:11 PM

Originally posted by gtr_rider
I like the layout of your site, buy its hella slow! The MaximaQX has a really interesting front end, it looks a bit more aggressive then the domestic version. I like ours better, theres has too much attitude.
Ya... sorry about the slow website, you've caught it on a particularly bad day (it's usually really perky). I've been wrestling with this particular webserver all day long today, and I can't seem to figure out what's wrong.... The network subsystem seems to slowly leak itself to death, and after the server runs for about an hour or so, all tcp/ip services begin to die a slow and painful death... I have a feeling this may have something to do with the infamous Microsoft Code Red Patch... Windows NT.. blah!!!

As for the MaximaQX, I thought the design was more conservative than the 5th gen North US Max... IMHO, it looks much more like a traditional sedan. Our 5th Gen has some really radical design elements (like the front grill, rear lights, etc.)

-Tom Z.
Old 08-24-2001, 08:22 PM
Banned

I saw your pic on your trip. i think it look like more like a infinity. the other cars don't look great.
Old 08-24-2001, 08:22 PM

well the car u r talkin about hits 0-60mph (100km) in 52 seconds!!! lol
Old 08-24-2001, 08:34 PM

Originally posted by Maximum Performance
well the car u r talkin about hits 0-60mph (100km) in 52 seconds!!! lol
Heh... 52 secs.. not bad... you could drag race it on foot...
Old 08-24-2001, 08:42 PM

Originally posted by tomz17
Heh... 52 secs.. not bad... you could drag race it on foot...
i bet a john deere can beat it....
Old 08-24-2001, 08:51 PM

Originally posted by djslinkyz

i bet a john deere can beat it....
A john deere is a bit of overkill... a better match would be somewhere along the lines of a tricyle, powerwheels, or Acura Type S. --ooooh--

-Tom Z.
Old 08-24-2001, 08:52 PM

The Maxima QX does resemble the I30 a lot. This site has some pictures of the European Maxima too...http://www.webtick.com/igorsush/maxima.htm
Old 08-25-2001, 11:27 AM
Kevlo for President

maximaQX= cerfio= i30
Old 08-25-2001, 08:31 PM

yea the MaximaQX does look a lot like the I30
Old 08-25-2001, 08:57 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

A john deere is a bit of overkill... a better match would be somewhere along the lines of a tricyle, powerwheels, or Acura Type S. --ooooh--

-Tom Z.
Old 08-25-2001, 11:18 PM

Isnt' that max just the new i30 under the nissan name over there?
Old 08-25-2001, 11:53 PM

http://www.tomz.org/pictures/nissan_...s=b&f=IMG_0996

What's with the huge Nissan badge?
Old 08-26-2001, 12:55 AM

this should be interesting...

in korea samsung bought the 4th gen maxima design and renamed it sm520 but here's the interesting part it still uses the vq30de engine, it doesnt end here a local shop fitted it with a trust turbo td-06 to be exact and bumped the horsepower to 600 hp! its in a korean car magazine and i cant read well i had to ask my mom if a korean character meant horsepower after every number
Old 08-26-2001, 11:16 AM
Kevlo for President

Re: this should be interesting...

Originally posted by seouljah
in korea samsung bought the 4th gen maxima design and renamed it sm520 but here's the interesting part it still uses the vq30de engine, it doesnt end here a local shop fitted it with a trust turbo td-06 to be exact and bumped the horsepower to 600 hp! its in a korean car magazine and i cant read well i had to ask my mom if a korean character meant horsepower after every number
dang 600 hp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2001, 07:39 PM

maluch
them cars suck and Poland is full of them
Old 08-26-2001, 07:57 PM

Originally posted by Kashoggio
maluch
them cars suck and Poland is full of them
Heh... true, but there are benefits
-> Cheap as dirt...
-> Small (you could park almost anywhere)
-> Economical (fuel + parts cheap)

Also, they are dwindling (I think they stopped production last year), and there's not nearly as much of them on the road today as 4-5 years ago...

-Tom Z.

PS.. I also saw a ton of Boxster's (definitely more than I ever saw here in 6 weeks) Perhaps it's the proximity to Germany??
Old 08-27-2001, 06:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Nissan Micra waahahahahaha.... its called the March in Asia... and one of the most hated cars to the hardcore peeps haha... in a crazy nite some ehh people i know tipped one and set in on fire... smart cars... are new on the list... as seemingly easy to tip
and the Maxima QX is a I30 but they dont Infiniti in Europe...

btw my friend is a Polish Diplomat... he tells me how ghetto Poland is... a new Sub (stolen) for $25 =)
Old 08-27-2001, 06:33 AM

Originally posted by carnal_c30
Nissan Micra waahahahahaha.... its called the March in Asia... and one of the most hated cars to the hardcore peeps haha... in a crazy nite some ehh people i know tipped one and set in on fire... smart cars... are new on the list... as seemingly easy to tip
and the Maxima QX is a I30 but they dont Infiniti in Europe...

btw my friend is a Polish Diplomat... he tells me how ghetto Poland is... a new Sub (stolen) for $25 =)
it's not ghetto, it just has problems getting back on it feet after communisim. Also it was basicaly destroyed in ww2.
Old 08-27-2001, 07:13 AM

Originally posted by Kashoggio

it's not ghetto, it just has problems getting back on it feet after communisim. Also it was basicaly destroyed in ww2.
heh.. I beg to differ... the only people that don't miss communism in Poland are the opportunist bastards that got filthy rich off the transition. Other than that, people in general are a hundred times worse off than before. I know this is hard to believe since our society is conditioned to champion democracy and believe communism to be ultimate evil. I can elaborate much more, but just consider this

--> The average worker makes somewhere in the vicinity of $400 a MONTH! Most things cost about as much or even more than over here (food, basic clothing, etc.) Gas is at least twice as expensive (remember they make a lot less than we do, so proportionally it's like 16 times as expensive!!) The newfound democracy taxes 22% of all sales (sales tax), and something like 17% out of the salary to begin with. Unemployment topped 15% this year.... and so forth. Basically, Democracy is not as great as people thought it would be.

As for WW2, you're right.. For all intents and purposes Poland didn't exist after the war. It was leveled to the ground (at least all the larger cities). And honestly, many old polish people still feel betrayed by America. After having fought by our sides in the war against Germany, they were left to Russia for the taking.

Wow!! This is COMPLETELY off topic now!!!

-Tom Z.
Old 08-27-2001, 11:44 AM

I'm in Taiwan (Leaving for the States in 2 days as of this post) right now. I don't have a digital camera so I didn't take any pictures of cars. I've only seen one Maxima here, but Nissan Cefiros ('finiti I-30) are ALL OVER THE PLACE. I'm not sure, but I think they come in 2.0L V6s and 3.0L V6s.
Only if we had the Sentras here. You can get a Sentra (Which looks WAAY better than the US sentra) and equip it with Nissan's bird's-eye GPS, caller ID (In the rearview mirror) and get an HUD that displays on the windsheild. There's also the ugly-*** retro Nissan Veryica, the ever-popular March...
A Taiwanese rubber tycoon bought a midsize Daewoo design, put a reverse camera (Like the Cima/Infiniti Q45), GPS, etc.It comes with a 2-liter engine (People here do about 60, MAX, and they accelerate by gently idling against the torque converter, or shifting at 1500-2000 RPM) and it's called---get this, the Formosa Magnus. It also looks exactly like a Daewoo...if I ever figure how to post a pic, I'll try to get one for you guys.

heh.. I beg to differ... the only people that don't miss communism in Poland are the opportunist bastards that got filthy rich off the transition. Other than that, people in general are a hundred times worse off than before. I know this is hard to believe since our society is conditioned to champion democracy and believe communism to be ultimate evil. I can elaborate much more, but just consider this
Don't forget Russia. They're having a pretty ****ty time with "Democracy" and "capatalism" too.

--> The average worker makes somewhere in the vicinity of $400 a MONTH! Most things cost about as much or even more than over here (food, basic clothing, etc.) Gas is at least twice as expensive (remember they make a lot less than we do, so proportionally it's like 16 times as expensive!!) The newfound democracy taxes 22% of all sales (sales tax), and something like 17% out of the salary to begin with. Unemployment topped 15% this year.... and so forth. Basically, Democracy is not as great as people thought it would be.
AMEN, brother!

As for WW2, you're right.. For all intents and purposes Poland didn't exist after the war. It was leveled to the ground (at least all the larger cities). And honestly, many old polish people still feel betrayed by America. After having fought by our sides in the war against Germany, they were left to Russia for the taking.
Don't forget. South Americans and many Asian countries despise the US because they intervened and put "Democratic" leaders in place because they knew the Commies would get the vote.

You said it!
Old 08-27-2001, 12:10 PM

-Tom Z.
I agree with that things were better, now they suck, unemployment is high and prices are high also. I us dollar is very low there and the Polish government just sucks
Old 08-27-2001, 01:32 PM
Kevlo for President

the max's in N america r found no where else in the world
everywhere else it looks like our I30......
Old 08-28-2001, 08:38 AM
Former Sponsor

yea well i know its not nice to call poland ghetto i'm sorry haha... but well its one of those things... its not as rich as pompous as lets say Hong Kong or like Switzerland or even Taiwan
and in Taiwan... the Sentras and cefiros have popup LCD screens in the center of the dash... hella cool... yea the Sentras look bomb here... the Cefiros look really close to the I30s... and even with the 2.0l they arent rough or lackin of pep in taiwan... well
oh yea the Formosa Magnus is a coopy of the korean car... its funny looks a bit off... it might be comiong to the states with a 2.5L I-6 its a Daewoo... replacement for the Leganza
and speed here? yea majority of the time... its SLOW with taxis in 4th gear at 40km... mommaz in their benz's... at nite it moves fast though haha... on the free way we took one of my friends cars out for top speed testing haha a 1993 Opel Astra 1.6 202km is its top speed
lets not talk bout my friends Euro M3 321hp............
Old 08-28-2001, 09:31 AM
i SeE what you did therE

i agree your site is hell slow...

i have to it.... to get it movin...

nice pics...

Old 08-28-2001, 11:18 AM

Originally posted by redmaxpa007
i agree your site is hell slow...

i have to it.... to get it movin...

nice pics...

Heh... I agree --> It was really slow for the past few days.. However, I just replaced the noname NIC in the server today with a 3COM (can't beat brand name)... from what i can tell, it appears to have solved the memory leak (perhaps it was the other card's drivers).... Anywayz, my site should be running back at about normal speed now...

-Tom Z.
Old 08-28-2001, 07:46 PM

carnal_c30, you from Taiwan too? I was in downtown Taipei yesterday, and I saw like 50 MCC Smarts, three BMW L7s, an new Opel Astra taxi, and a '98 996 Porsche cabriolet with a guy who actually drove the car how it should be driven.

I've been trying to convince my mom to take either one of the Cefiro taxis or a Corolla Altis (I actually want one...) before I leave, but we keep ending up with Ford Lazers, whose drivers seem to be the most perceptive.
My cousin says M3s here are either M3-Look 318's, and actual ones cost like US$100,000 (Saw one in Taipei too).
My relatives here also have some kinda toyota fetish. Every relative of mine drives a Toyota, except for one uncle who has an old-school 190E benz. Corona Premios aren't that bad...but a Tercel is.

Switzerland, despite how nice it is, it's a pretty tight-assed right-wing "Seig Heil" type of place. Great roads, and wonderful banks.
Old 08-28-2001, 09:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by kevlo911
the max's in N america r found no where else in the world
everywhere else it looks like our I30......
Our Maxima is sold in Taiwan...
Old 08-29-2001, 09:16 AM
Former Sponsor

thats right the Max GLE 5th gen is sold here... i have seen one 4th gen here
yea man taxis here are pimp.... there are even benz E320s, M3s, Impreza Turbos and Cefiros... its sweet... the laser drivers.. holy **** they are so ****in slow... i hate taking them cuz i dont think they can get up my hill...
M3s here are usually fakes but i know alot of real ones... even a few Eurospec 321hp screamers...
well if you want i can get ya a 98 M3 for 1 million

oh yea dont forget the Ferraris... usually cruise in pairs... and the Blue Lambo Diablo VT.... sweet as hell haha the dude tried to pick up my gf one day and she blew him off.. darn i feel loved... with i had that dam VT
Old 08-29-2001, 07:33 PM

Hey,
Another polak maxima enthusiast, but i'm coming from Down Under. I saw my 1st American spec maxima in Poland, some dude must have importred it. My maxima is a right hand drive cefiro based model i'm guessing looks like your 130's.
I thought I was tripping when i saw the size of the badges over there, they're like truck badges. I see you spent some time in Stare Miasto in Warsaw, nice place. I was able to avoid the flash floods purely by accident, it seemed evertime they hit we had just left that place.
My intial influence to do up my maxima was from one I saw 2 years ago in Krakow it was an i30 lowered with BBS rs rims.
As soon as i got home i went and did the same.
Oh and about the comments that it's ghetto over there, hehe
you should've seen it 9 yrs ago when i went the 1st time.
At the moment Poland is the leading economy out of all the former Eastern block countries. I couldn't believe the changes that have taken place over the last 2 years. Basically unless you go outside of the city into rural areas I'd be suprised if one was dissapointed Warsaw, Krakow, Poznan, Gdansk etc.
Whilst I'm on my soap box here I came about quite a few American toursists in my travels round europe, ( We went to Poland, Germany, Austria, slovenia, Croatia - mad go there it's cheap, slovakia and parts of Bosnia & Hercigovina)
MAN YOU GUYS TALK LOUD !!!!! we were sitting in a cafe on a riviera in Split where there are roughly 30 cafes along the walk thousands of ppl and you can clearly hear american tourists a couple cafes down, this was a ****a for me.
We met up with a few yanks on a cruise and spent the day with them great ppl, no they didn't drive maxima's or even know of the org.
I came across one fat guy near Krakow (american) that I would have punched out had it not been for my girlfriend this arrogant fat piece of s$%t was in Wieliczka which roughly an 800 yr old salt mine heaps tourists really amazing place, and this dude kept slamming the place and talking over the tour guides making rude comments about her, I felt emabarrased by his behavior so in the end I told him to shut the F*&k up or i'll knock your head off.
He went quiet after that. Anyway sorry I'm venting he really upset me, anyway I know none of you are like that cos REDNECKS don't drive maxima's. Finally got my box rebuilt, had to wait 3 weeks for parts cos there's only 300 manual models here in oz, they were only in 95/96.
Sorry for the long msg.
Old 08-29-2001, 08:00 PM

Yes

That Maxima QX is and I30 with Maxima rims