General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Anyone get these FSTB....?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 11:47 AM
pjalst

I saw these FSTB http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ty=MetaEndSort up for bid on E Bay, they are going for dirt cheap, I was thinking they must be poor quality bars for the price he's getting for them. Anyone know of someone who bid on one of these things and can tell us if they are for real?

Old 08-29-2001, 01:13 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

it 's probably a matrix or vibrant bar. i have a vibrant and it works well. a bar is.. well a bar. there should not be much difference between those bars and the ones courtesy or cattman sells.
Old 08-29-2001, 02:07 PM
pjalst

Originally posted by MaximaZero
it 's probably a matrix or vibrant bar. i have a vibrant and it works well. a bar is.. well a bar. there should not be much difference between those bars and the ones courtesy or cattman sells.

why such a big difference in price then?

Old 08-30-2001, 07:25 AM

because it doesn't cost that much to make those things.. depends on which manufacture they get the bars from, if it's a mature manufacture that has made alotta money already, they can lower the prices on the bars because the cost of the machinary is paid for from the profits.. that is my assumption. but iv'e spoke to some importer/distributor of car products. and he said whole sale for strut bars are aroudn 12bux.. so the prices we see are generally outrageous mark ups.. if someone is selling the bar for 20 bux he's still making money.. so it depends on the shops marketing strategy, you either sell it at high costs and jsut sell a few, or make your money by selling a larger quantity with lower profit. and because the markup is so high everywhere else, they can keep the price set at a high profit margin without the consumer complaining too much because that price had become the standard... now i don't know much about buisness and marketing but this is just my assumption..
Old 08-30-2001, 08:18 AM
pjalst

i just want to know if this is a quality product

I'm not one to be swayed by name brands, i just want to know if this is a quality product or just someone trying to make a fast buck with inferior stuff. I'll spend the 20-30 bucks for the bar if it will give me the same performance as the higher end stuff. That's why I wanted to know if anyone has purchased one from E Bay.