General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

SWEET! Glow in the dark wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 04:08 PM

SWEET! Glow in the dark wheels!

Now here is something original... i have yet to see glow in the dark wheels. Maybe you think cheesy but I have always been a sucker for glow in the dark stuff, i have been looking for high temp glow pain to do my calipers but who needs them when you have these! Yes I am sure they dont glow all night and it makes them a target for theft but neat anyway...

http://www.corzotire.com/images/wheels/model_880gn.jpg
Old 09-26-2001, 04:16 PM

Re: SWEET! Glow in the dark wheels!

RE:
Hahah, thats awesome. To bad the rims are so fugly...but hey its a nice original idea.

i want them in 20's....
Old 09-26-2001, 04:19 PM

what in the name of hell!! Ok thats just weird greg.aha. Glow in the dark calipers would be friggen cool... but the whole rim? I think thats going a tad bit too far. ahha. Is it just a spray that you put on em? I think cops would be more than happy to pull someone over for that....
Old 09-26-2001, 04:21 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

original, yes. Sweet? no.
Old 09-26-2001, 04:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That is the worst thing I've ever seen...

Old 09-26-2001, 04:47 PM

AK tires...

They have had those around for like a year, never cought on...I wonder why....
Old 09-26-2001, 04:54 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

great....just what we need...more things that light up
Old 09-26-2001, 05:01 PM

You are kidding right????
Old 09-26-2001, 05:04 PM

Originally posted by gregulator
Now here is something original... i have yet to see glow in the dark wheels. Maybe you think cheesy but I have always been a sucker for glow in the dark stuff, i have been looking for high temp glow pain to do my calipers but who needs them when you have these! Yes I am sure they dont glow all night and it makes them a target for theft but neat anyway...

Hey Greg, If you plan to roll with something like those make sure you are not cruising to and from parties!! BTW. how's the led's going? When things come together for me, I'll be considering this mod!
Old 09-26-2001, 05:31 PM

Are you really considering glow in the dark calipers? I would think that it would look pretty cool. Where do you get the paint for that?
Old 09-26-2001, 05:32 PM
Administrator

uncle bens
Old 09-26-2001, 05:46 PM

Spirit....

is that "minute" or "boil-in-the-bag"?

greg... definitely a 1st... never seen that before....
Old 09-26-2001, 05:54 PM

i love how everyone poops on threads about new things... oh i am sorry that i haven't bought all the stillen crap that they put out, or cattman's stuff or whatever else, because this stuff is certainly not "ricey". its for a maxima so i am way cooler than someone who does the exact same thing for a honda. because i spend more money on my car, i am better than others. great logic. well most everything i have done to this point has been of my own creation... i have a flip out lcd screen (nick can vouch for that) with movie, dvd, and gps capabilities, experimented with many of my own intakes, and am currently taking welding classes to do my own exaust and other future upgrades. no i am not bragging, nor do i care if you dont think these rims are cool or anything else for that matter, i just hate all the ego tripping idiots in here that think they are king **** because they bought "brand name" aftermarket stuff. yes modding is fun and addictive, but why people dump on other people's ideas and originality is beyond me. like the lexus headlight idea... i saw the picture and think it looks very cool and original. it would be one heck of a project and learning process but what the heck? sorry to rant but some things really bother me....

as for the caliper paint... they make pigment that you mix with clear paint... so just get high temp clear paint
Old 09-26-2001, 06:05 PM
Banned

hehehe.....Uh-oh i think Keving found his new rice glow in the dark rims.
Old 09-26-2001, 06:07 PM

i love how everyone poops on threads about new things... oh i am sorry that i haven't bought all the stillen crap that they put out, or cattman's stuff or whatever else, because this stuff is certainly not "ricey". its for a maxima so i am way cooler than someone who does the exact same thing for a honda. because i spend more money on my car, i am better than others. great logic. well most everything i have done to this point has been of my own creation... i have a flip out lcd screen (nick can vouch for that) with movie, dvd, and gps capabilities, experimented with many of my own intakes, and am currently taking welding classes to do my own exaust and other future upgrades. no i am not bragging, nor do i care if you dont think these rims are cool or anything else for that matter, i just hate all the ego tripping idiots in here that think they are king **** because they bought "brand name" aftermarket stuff. yes modding is fun and addictive, but why people dump on other people's ideas and originality is beyond me. like the lexus headlight idea... i saw the picture and think it looks very cool and original. it would be one heck of a project and learning process but what the heck? sorry to rant but some things really bother me....

as for the caliper paint... they make pigment that you mix with clear paint... so just get high temp clear paint

i wasN'T hating on ya Its mos def orignal but just not my thing. And as i said i think cops would looooooove them.

And yes, i can votch for his custom made flip out friggen kick *** computer system. You should put some of this abs plastic stuff around the wood of the flip out though to match the dash... IMHO.
Old 09-26-2001, 06:09 PM

i love how everyone poops on threads about new things... oh i am learning process but what the heck? sorry to rant but some things really bother me....

Anyway,
There are a lot of things/mods I do not need or want.
Old 09-26-2001, 06:10 PM

yeah, i wasn't going to buy them anyway (need 18's next summer but if someone has them and thinks they are soooo eGay then they can give them to me) i just thought it was a cool idea, but i do need to get on the caliper thing...
Old 09-26-2001, 06:14 PM

yeah, i wasn't going to buy them anyway (need 18's next summer but if someone has them and thinks they are soooo eGay then they can give them to me) i just thought it was a cool idea, but i do need to get on the caliper thing...
I want them toooo!! I wonder if theres anyway to make it so it stays. It would suck to have to repaint your calipers everday. And DAMN you buying 18's next summer. Of course, your rolling on stock 96 rims now. WHAHA!
Old 09-26-2001, 06:26 PM

Sup, Greg?? You do fine!
Old 09-26-2001, 10:57 PM

What are they going to think of next? A great target for cops thats for sure!!
Old 09-26-2001, 11:39 PM
SLOW

For me, it has nothing to do with whether or not something is brand name or not. For gods sake look at my ***, I have some cheap *** konigs. But they look good in my opinion, and those glow in the dark things look horrid. Perfect for the person that wants to attract as much attention as possible, and doesn't care whether that attention is good or not.
Old 09-26-2001, 11:50 PM

NO.
Old 09-27-2001, 01:06 AM

Ahhh!

Oh great....now we have indiglo wheels too!!

*cough* RICEY *cough*
Old 09-27-2001, 04:56 AM

hey, we're all stock here... look at my wheels...

*hiding*
Old 09-27-2001, 07:34 AM

Re: Re: SWEET! Glow in the dark wheels!

Originally posted by shadou

What are they going to think of next?
A glow in the dark car?
Old 09-27-2001, 08:06 AM

These glowing rims remind me of those sneakers with blinking lights that let cops catch the fools running from them. Maybe some ricer will be trying to outrun the cops with his lights off but they'll see his rims. haha
Old 09-27-2001, 08:16 AM

They make glow in the dark paint. I've seen a couple of show cars that glow in the dark...

Originally posted by ru4real
These glowing rims remind me of those sneakers with blinking lights that let cops catch the fools running from them. Maybe some ricer will be trying to outrun the cops with his lights off but they'll see his rims. haha