General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

someone tried to break in my max!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2001, 04:42 PM

someone tried to break in my max!

i park right in front of my building and i live on the first floor.i also have air horns so its really loud.it was about 1:30am when i heard the alarm go off i got up right away and ran outside with a bat i saw a van or suv parked near my car.i guess they saw me come out the vehicle took off.i couldnt get any plate number. it was rainy and windy i was bare footed so i didnt go over to the car. i wasnt sure at the time if it was a false alarm or if someone was messing with the car.it was around 6:am on my way to work when i noticed the passenger side window was broken. those bastards i hate them why cant they get a ****ing job. now i have to spend money to have the window fixed and re tinted.at least i they didnt get a chance to damage anything else.

i dont know whats on thier minds but theres no way they will have enough time to steal my car with all the locks i have on it. i also have kill switches they will have to find.plus if i hear the alarm i'll be out in 2 seconds im just waiting to catch them mother*******.
all those with nice maxes guard them well i think they are high up there in the most stolen vehicles.

Old 09-25-2001, 04:49 PM

your americian arent you, where the **** is your self defence shotgun next time run out and pump shot gun rounds into them. its perfectly legal there.

and where can i buy air horns for my car how much are they etc..
Old 09-25-2001, 05:07 PM

damn thats sucks....
Old 09-25-2001, 05:28 PM

That makes 8 so far...
Old 09-25-2001, 05:34 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

what the hell...august was accident month and september is break-in month...
Old 09-25-2001, 06:11 PM

air horns

Originally posted by 24KP-I-M-P
your americian arent you, where the **** is your self defence shotgun next time run out and pump shot gun rounds into them. its perfectly legal there.

and where can i buy air horns for my car how much are they etc..
they are not that expensive like 70$ or so i got them at a local alarm shop i go to its the hella air horns. as far as pumping shots i ll have to catch them first
Old 09-25-2001, 06:16 PM

break ins

Originally posted by medicsonic
That makes 8 so far...
so there were 8 break in heh.well what the hell can you do thats the price you have to pay for having a nice car.
Old 09-25-2001, 07:05 PM

once again, glad to have a garage kept car in a small town...this **** is startin to scare me. I need an alarm. I hear the stock one is basicly non-existant
Old 09-25-2001, 07:37 PM

I think beating them up with a bat would be more enjoyable then just shooting them...
Old 09-25-2001, 07:54 PM

I was one of those eight in September

Originally posted by black019
once again, glad to have a garage kept car in a small town...this **** is startin to scare me. I need an alarm. I hear the stock one is basicly non-existant
As far as the stock alarm goes, I think it's pretty good. Of course you can steal basically any car if you have the time/experience, but even a stock alarm scares off most people. When they broke into my car they had to pop the hood to try to disable the alarm, but they couldn't do it fast enough so they left (by the time I came running out of my house - 4 in the morning).

And not only modified maximas are targets, as you can see
Old 09-25-2001, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by black96se
I was one of those eight in September

As far as the stock alarm goes, I think it's pretty good. Of course you can steal basically any car if you have the time/experience, but even a stock alarm scares off most people. When they broke into my car they had to pop the hood to try to disable the alarm, but they couldn't do it fast enough so they left (by the time I came running out of my house - 4 in the morning).

And not only modified maximas are targets, as you can see

someone broke into my car about two week ago.
i was in a meeting & heard my alarm go off, but i didn't pay much attention to it because it we about 3 o'clock in the after noon. when i got out of the meeting & walked towards my car, i noticed that the drivers window was gone. it was laying on the ground behind my car (the tint held it together)
i called the boston police & they took down my cell phone # & said they would call me back within a hour.
i said WTF. i looked to see if anything was missing & found that they took nothing..... tach, stereo system, nos, etc. was still there.
so i tried to start my car, thats when i found that they broke my ignition. i couldn't get it ot turn.

well, i guess what i'm tryin to say is even my cheap a** alarm was good for something. it probably drew enough attention, after an unsuccessful attempt to break my ignition, to scare away these guys that wanted to take my car.
Old 09-25-2001, 10:48 PM

sp6040: Sorry to hear about the incident. Good luck with all the repairs.

Originally posted by black96se

Only problem with the stock alarm is the lack of a shock sensor. In SP6040's instance, they could've broken the window without setting off the stock alarm. That's the reason why I got my aftermarket alarm.
Old 09-25-2001, 11:27 PM

Originally posted by mbcp_tdogg

Only problem with the stock alarm is the lack of a shock sensor. In SP6040's instance, they could've broken the window without setting off the stock alarm. That's the reason why I got my aftermarket alarm.
Did you upgrade your stock alarm, or you just replace whole thing? Any recommendation? I want something that has really sensitive or motion detector because I am so ****ed about stolen side marker last weekend.
Old 09-25-2001, 11:33 PM

Originally posted by eskim_77

Did you upgrade your stock alarm, or you just replace whole thing? Any recommendation? I want something that has really sensitive or motion detector because I am so ****ed about stolen side marker last weekend.
Replaced the whole thing. However Code Alarm sells a shock sensor add-on for around $100. Look for it online.
Old 09-26-2001, 08:55 AM
OG and counting...

Originally posted by Chris91SE
what the hell...august was accident month and september is break-in month...
No kidding.
Old 09-26-2001, 07:11 PM

break in

thanks i should have the car back by the end of this week.im also putting the stock rims back on.im not taking any chances. btw yes shock sensor are really good thats what i have and it worked.who knows what further damages they could have done if they had gotten in to the car. the more deterents the better.
Old 09-27-2001, 07:07 AM

Replaced the whole thing. However Code Alarm sells a shock sensor add-on for around $100. Look for it online.
Do you mean to say that I can buy this shock sensor and hook it on to the stock Alarm or will I have to replace the whole alarm system like you did?
Old 09-27-2001, 07:14 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I wonder what October will be... tire blow out month?
Old 09-27-2001, 08:24 AM

Originally posted by Ants97SE
I wonder what October will be... tire blow out month?
Don't jinx it for us!