General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Who has the hella optilux? Albert?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2000, 09:36 AM
The missing moderator

I think it's Albert... or anyone really. Do you have the regular wattage bulbs or the higher wattage one? How's the light output? Can you SEE in the dark? The Piaa Supwerwhites are ok, but I want more light!

Thanks,
-shing
Old 10-30-2000, 10:23 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

My friend had the Hellas on his 2.5RS and they weren't all that special at all. The light wasnt especially white or bright. AND, they blew out in a month. Maybe he get a bad set I dono.

ZuM
Old 10-30-2000, 12:46 PM

Hella Optilux

I gottem. Was gonna compare to piaas, but i couldnt find a set to compare with anyone.. (im southern cali)

Had someone to compare with, but he disappeared.

Theyre ok, not super white or anything, they are whiter tho. I dont care about them too much, but its not like i can return them.

Plus, they have a lifetime warranty, mine have been on about.. 6-8 months? They look bright, but i cant compare them to anything. Theyre DEF not stock yellow. :>
Old 10-30-2000, 12:58 PM

My Hella Optilux bulb blew in 3 weeks

It was the 80/100, high beam from the Optilux sucks.
Old 10-30-2000, 01:25 PM

No offense to my Korean brothers and sisters but >>

Originally posted by Shingles
I think it's Albert... or anyone really. Do you have the regular wattage bulbs or the higher wattage one? How's the light output? Can you SEE in the dark? The Piaa Supwerwhites are ok, but I want more light!

Thanks,
-shing
Shing! STAY AWAY FROM THE OPTILUX! They're made in Korea...and in my experience the Hella products that are made there all fail quickly. I had two sets that blew out. The glass actually would crack and leak out all the halogen gas. Luckily Ken at Susquehanna was cool...took them back for an exchange. I got the 80/100W Hella standard type bulbs sitting on my desk at home. Haven't put them in yet...my alternator's on the fritz.

I'm going to look into that Infiniti j30 headlight thing.
Old 10-30-2000, 01:40 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Re: No offense to my Korean brothers and sisters but >>

I have gone through so many H3 bulbs in two years. 2 pairs of Hella Yellow star (lasted 3 months, junk), 1 pair of Hella HIB (1 months, even worst than yellow star), 2 pairs of Hiper industries H3 70watt bulbs ( 3 months, high wattage just don't last long). I'm running Hiper Industries's H3 50watts right now (3 months). I got them from http://www.groupbuycenter.com for $14.99 a pair. Best deal I have seen. I paid $39 for my last pair of hiper industries. Nothing can last as long as OEM bulbs. I'm going to try the Hella Opilux since it has the lifetime warrenty. At least I know I won't have to spent more money on H3 bulbs. My 9004 is going strong for 2 years - JC Whitney Xenoon.

Originally posted by Albertt
Originally posted by Shingles

Thanks,
-shing
Shing! STAY AWAY FROM THE OPTILUX! They're made in Korea...and in my experience the Hella products that are made there all fail quickly. I had two sets that blew out. The glass actually would crack and leak out all the halogen gas. Luckily Ken at Susquehanna was cool...took them back for an exchange. I got the 80/100W Hella standard type bulbs sitting on my desk at home. Haven't put them in yet...my alternator's on the fritz.

I'm going to look into that Infiniti j30 headlight thing.
Old 10-30-2000, 01:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have the hella optilux h3 on my car. I've had them for about 2 months now. No problems as of yet. I do get high beamed when I have my fogs on.