General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Maxima 6spd HLSD Info

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2001, 07:46 AM

Maxima 6spd HLSD Info

I just got off the phone with the Kevin the Manager of one of the Nissan dealership here in the Toronto, Canada Area. I was calling him to inform him that I would not take delivery of a early production 6sp Open Diff Maxima. I informed him that I would wait for the December production run. He has now informed me that the Maxima, at least in Canada, will not be shipped with anything but HLSD. His information source is from Japan Headquarters via their computer network information service. He also explained that this is the reason for the delay on delivery of the 6sp Maximas. They were waiting on the HLSD. He assures me my Maxima will be delivered with HLSD. After him making all these statements I was still skeptical and I have informed him that I would not take deliver of an open diff Maxima. I'm still somewhat skeptical given that I spoke to the Nissan Info Center the other day and the rep told me the initial production run would have an open diff. I think Nissan Canada should get their story straight because I'm now thouroughly confused. I sure hope though Kevin is right and we don't have to wait until early January to take delivery of the 6sp Maxima with HLSD. I don't want to drive my new car in the snow first thing.

Regards,
Rudy
Old 10-12-2001, 07:47 AM
Administrator

deja vu?
Old 10-12-2001, 08:59 AM

different answer

everyone will give a different date. I have heard the 6 speed is here Nov, January. My dealer said I will see the first batch mid Nov, and the HLSD mid January. No idea what the truth is.

No commercials, no reviews, nor any brochures on the 2002. What is the deal?

Did you get a good $ off MSRP? I didnt but I pay 7% GST and not PST etc.
Old 10-12-2001, 09:18 AM

Re: different answer

The deal that I got was basically $1100 ($35.8K instead of $36.9K) off MRSP that the leasing is based on. The manager thought about it for 5 seconds and then said, "Yup we cand do it." I still have to crunch through the leasing numbers though. I'm sure they can play around with the numbers to get rid f my $1100 dollar advantage. I've gone to other dealers and they've said no to anything but full MRSP. BTW, nice color choice. I'm also going for Majestic Blue on Black Leather.

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
everyone will give a different date. I have heard the 6 speed is here Nov, January. My dealer said I will see the first batch mid Nov, and the HLSD mid January. No idea what the truth is.

No commercials, no reviews, nor any brochures on the 2002. What is the deal?

Did you get a good $ off MSRP? I didnt but I pay 7% GST and not PST etc.
Old 10-12-2001, 09:20 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

WTF!!!

If this continues, I will be getting myself a 2002 Altima. At least I'll KNOW what I'm getting.

Cost +2% +PST & GST here.
Old 10-12-2001, 09:31 AM
PhatGuy

The Altima is a torque Steering ****. It would suck to get the 6spd with HLSD in January living in Canada. It would be a crime to put that new born Max on the salt/sand/snow/ice covered streets. Remember you will need winter tires for sure!

Originally posted by Amazing2
WTF!!!

If this continues, I will be getting myself a 2002 Altima. At least I'll KNOW what I'm getting.

Cost +2% +PST & GST here.

Old 10-12-2001, 09:40 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by PhatGuy
The Altima is a torque Steering ****. It would suck to get the 6spd with HLSD in January living in Canada. It would be a crime to put that new born Max on the salt/sand/snow/ice covered streets. Remember you will need winter tires for sure!
I think that IF I get the max in January, I will do the WHOLE car with 3M Scotchcal Paint Protection Film... Like a big ziplock bag. LOL!
Old 10-12-2001, 12:24 PM

well, they said I should have a Majestic Blue mid November. Don't feel like waiting till Mid Jan cuz at that point I might wait and see what come out for 2003.

Regarding the BLUE, when I saw it at the dealer it was a bit dirty. Does it shine differently that say black? The black looks like a mirror when clean, but I think the Blue is 'metallic' and shines differently.

I haven't had the need to use winter tires for my Max. I am in Calgary and all seasons were enough.

I paid about the same as you, and lease comes out to like $630 for 36 months. I got a feeling there might be more room if we tried harder to bargain, but I am happy. The only thing I am wondering is IF I should have got the White. White does look nice. Grey isn't bad, and Merlot isn't my type. Mist is nice except I like it when it looks more silver, plus it is popular. Black I have now and want a change. My final choices were Blue and White so I hope I will be happy with the Blue.