General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Why is streetracing so popular?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2001, 02:17 PM

Why is streetracing so popular?????

Thats the title of an essay that I have to do for a class. Has anyone seen any online articles that are about why people like racing sooo much? Anyone want to help?
Thanks
Old 10-15-2001, 02:23 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

Re: Why is streetracing so popular?????

Originally posted by tmoutlawz
Thats the title of an essay that I have to do for a class. Has anyone seen any online articles that are about why people like racing sooo much? Anyone want to help?
Thanks
The rush of racing is incredible and its very competetive, when you beat someone else in a race because of what you have done to your car its a beautiful thing.......
Old 10-15-2001, 02:28 PM

Ya, thats what I already know, but this is for a college class and I have to prove why its so great. So far I have that its great because of the competition, and its great becuase running away from cops gives an adrenaline rush. I need to suport it somehow. thats what I need help on.
thanks
Old 10-15-2001, 02:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Why is streetracing so popular?????

Originally posted by maxse91

The rush of racing is incredible and its very competetive, when you beat someone else in a race because of what you have done to your car its a beautiful thing.......
what he said, and for some reason it feels even better than at a track. its like a drug
Old 10-15-2001, 02:34 PM

To prove yourself, and who has the "biggest *****."
Old 10-15-2001, 02:41 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

male ego? (at least in most cases)
Old 10-15-2001, 02:51 PM

Why is it so popular? If you have a car you can do it. No matter how bad, how stupid, or lack of ability you can do it. Is it safe, no. But it's a way guys(for the most part) can show off.
Old 10-15-2001, 02:55 PM

It's all about the rush .. I saw some thing on the tv afew weeks back and it had interviews with guys that did nothing except work, spend the money on their car, and then race all night long. For some people it literally is a way of life. See if you can find interviews with people like that and use them as examples
Old 10-15-2001, 02:59 PM
PhatGuy

Vin Diesel! Because he is so cool and used NOS! His real name is probably Arnie Steinberg. lol

Thanks

Old 10-15-2001, 03:05 PM

To see how fast yr car is.
Old 10-15-2001, 03:58 PM

1 word: adreniline. When you are sitting on the starting line, waiting for the flagger to signal go, you get a huge rush of adreniline. You get it from wondering whether or not your gonna win, and if your gonna embarrass the guy or if youre gonna get embarrased. You also get the adreniline knowing that if you hit the gas, and a cop comes, you could go to jail. Its all about the adreniline. Its better than speed! Not that I would know. Anyway check out these sites:
www.streetracing.org http://www.streetracing.com
Old 10-15-2001, 04:25 PM
JET Speed Lab

take your teacher to some illegal street race's.... then he'll know whats up
Old 10-15-2001, 04:27 PM

Thanks

im not sure about online articles, but in the october issue of Super Street magazine, theres an article about street racing on page 178... i dont know if u can find it on their website, but u might be able to, its www.superstreetonline.com
Old 10-15-2001, 04:43 PM
PhatGuy

I'm sure there are a couple of people on the .org like that....no joke! You forgot to tell him how you like racing cops?

Originally posted by ereet
It's all about the rush .. I saw some thing on the tv afew weeks back and it had interviews with guys that did nothing except work, spend the money on their car, and then race all night long. For some people it literally is a way of life. See if you can find interviews with people like that and use them as examples

Old 10-15-2001, 05:23 PM

thank the movie fast and furious
Old 10-15-2001, 05:35 PM

Originally posted by black019
thank the movie fast and furious

yeah, i think that movie increased peoples interest in street racing a lot. i love that movie!
Old 10-15-2001, 06:28 PM

Originally posted by ShortT

yeah, i think that movie increased peoples interest in street racing a lot. i love that movie!
it changed my life entirely now im always broke...
Old 10-15-2001, 06:39 PM
I'm so hood

Well, I guess there is a rush of adrenaline. I dunno, I turned anti-street racing when I ran out of options (got a couple non-street-racing related tickets, can't afford anything more w/insurance)....before that, I'd race sparingly (more of a lone speeder). I think the same adrenaline rush can be achieved all by yourself on the road. But I also don't think the rush is very 'powerful' (maybe if you're in a 10-12 sec beast)...however, I did a lot of experimenting with psychoactive substances and whatnot in my high school days, so my grounds for comparison are different than most.

I think if you want to do something slightly stupid and risky, there's other ways to get a better rush, in the comfort of your own home I'd like to get back to racing someday, but on the track, and not with my daily driver.
Old 10-15-2001, 07:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by blizz20oma
Well, I guess there is a rush of adrenaline. I dunno, I turned anti-street racing when I ran out of options (got a couple non-street-racing related tickets, can't afford anything more w/insurance)....before that, I'd race sparingly (more of a lone speeder). I think the same adrenaline rush can be achieved all by yourself on the road. But I also don't think the rush is very 'powerful' (maybe if you're in a 10-12 sec beast)...however, I did a lot of experimenting with psychoactive substances and whatnot in my high school days, so my grounds for comparison are different than most.

I think if you want to do something slightly stupid and risky, there's other ways to get a better rush, in the comfort of your own home I'd like to get back to racing someday, but on the track, and not with my daily driver.
the rush of being lined up next to somebody else with a ton of people watch you and betting money... then knowing that you'll win because they think a maxima is slow... it's really priceless.. 100x the rush of just going 120mph by yourself
Old 10-15-2001, 09:10 PM

cause its freee