General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Beat By a CL-S

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2001, 11:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Beat By a CL-S

Well, this is my 1st post and I am wonderin how the 00 and 01 maximas have compared to the acura cl-s in street racing. I have a 01 acura cl-s and personally have raced a few 01 maximas on i-95 in Ft Lauderdale and dont get me wrong, they are very tought to beat, but i have beaten everyone one that I have raced. I am though concerned about the new 02, 260 hp maxima, I saw one today, and its deffinately a sweet lookin ride and has some damm nice features, but unless it gets a auto stick, ill be stayin away from it when my lease is up on the cl-s, and ill be goin back to acura to get its all new 315 hp TL-SX, yes, its very different then the TL-S
I want to know if anyone else has raced any cl-s and how they have fared against them. Let me know the truth and how you felt after winning or losing, cause it was most likely losing,
Old 10-26-2001, 12:18 AM

ask russmax, he knows alot about tl-s cl-s and 5th gen max

as far as i know, cl-s is very tough tobeat,unless we have some mod, we cant beat it, unless the manual driver is very skillful.
Old 10-26-2001, 12:32 AM

my buddy has a CL-S...and when I was BONE stock I ran him from a dead stop to 100 mph...and we were literally DEAD even.

Since then I have done a good bit of modding...and he stands no chance..it's over after first gear...if we go from a roll he hangs better...but I still pull.

But I am a 5-speed...the maxs you raced could have been autos...
Old 10-26-2001, 12:34 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Auto's can beat them too...

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
my buddy has a CL-S...and when I was BONE stock I ran him from a dead stop to 100 mph...and we were literally DEAD even.

Since then I have done a good bit of modding...and he stands no chance..it's over after first gear...if we go from a roll he hangs better...but I still pull.

But I am a 5-speed...the maxs you raced could have been autos...
Old 10-26-2001, 12:38 AM

I beat one at the track last weekend by .6-.7 seconds! A CL Type-S that is.
Old 10-26-2001, 12:53 AM

Originally posted by mtrai760
Auto's can beat them too...

I was referring to STOCK autos

you're auto could probably pull on me!!!

(auto 100 shot vs. 5-speed 50-shot)
Old 10-26-2001, 06:39 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Never raced a CL-S, but would love to.
Old 10-26-2001, 08:40 AM
Got Bent?

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

I've kept up with one
Old 10-26-2001, 08:48 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE

I've kept up with one
Old 10-26-2001, 08:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I raced a CL-S on the street. The CL-S couldn't beleive I was still hanging with him from stoplight up to 80 mph. Then slowly, he started to pull away. Before he got a 1/4 car length ahead of me I backed off cause we were hitting a very tight corner. He apparently really wanted to win, took the corner really hot and ruined his car. Deployed both airbags and bent his right front wheel.

This was before I got a Y pipe. Now I have one

DW
Old 10-26-2001, 09:18 AM

Can't speak to the CL-S, but we've got a TL-S in the garage along with the 2K Max 5 spd. The TL-S feels quicker during highway passes (likely because of the automatic), but the Max seems quicker off the line (also likely because of the auto). Both are stock.

Overall, I can't say that one is significantly faster than the other. I'm pretty confident that the TL-S would handle a stock auto Maxima pretty easily. The launch would be the key against a 5 spd (0-60). Don't know about the 1/4, though.
Old 10-26-2001, 09:45 AM
is invisible

Re: Beat By a CL-S

Originally posted by URIRx98
ill be goin back to acura to get its all new 315 hp TL-SX, yes, its very different then the TL-S

Wow...I may follow. The type-S already getting almost as much hp as the first NSX.
Old 10-26-2001, 09:55 AM
PhatGuy

Great first post! Very detailed stories of all the Maxima's you have beaten! WoW!

Old 10-26-2001, 12:04 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
No fair... you've got that "midget" pulling for you

I'm gonna have lots of questions for you soon!
Old 10-26-2001, 12:32 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by Chunger

No fair... you've got that "midget" pulling for you

I'm gonna have lots of questions for you soon!

Yup, no problem. Congrats! PPPPPPSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Old 10-26-2001, 12:38 PM

Re: Beat By a CL-S

Well, this is my 1st post and I am wonderin how the 00 and 01 maximas have compared to the acura cl-s in street racing. I have a 01 acura cl-s and personally have raced a few 01 maximas on i-95 in Ft Lauderdale and dont get me wrong, they are very tought to beat, but i have beaten everyone one that I have raced. I am though concerned about the new 02, 260 hp maxima, I saw one today, and its deffinately a sweet lookin ride and has some damm nice features, but unless it gets a auto stick, ill be stayin away from it when my lease is up on the cl-s, and ill be goin back to acura to get its all new 315 hp TL-SX, yes, its very different then the TL-S
I want to know if anyone else has raced any cl-s and how they have fared against them. Let me know the truth and how you felt after winning or losing, cause it was most likely losing,
u should try a real manual instead of sportshift...
Old 10-26-2001, 01:04 PM

Re: Re: Beat By a CL-S

You tell him! Sheesh, auto-shift. Why is that autos are always trying to be manuals?

DW

Originally posted by costcowholesale

u should try a real manual instead of sportshift...
Old 10-26-2001, 01:12 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: Re: Beat By a CL-S

Originally posted by dwapenyi
You tell him! Sheesh, auto-shift. Why is that autos are always trying to be manuals?

DW

The 5th gen autos get to use all of the car's power by manually shifting (it automatically shifts at about 6000 instead of 6600).
Old 10-26-2001, 01:25 PM

Re: Re: Beat By a CL-S

Originally posted by CoolMax

Wow...I may follow. The type-S already getting almost as much hp as the first NSX.
There's a bit of info he left out. The TL-SX is not a factory supported car, it's a 3.5L engine conversion done by Rick Case Acura in South Florida. I don't know exactly how it's done, but I do remember it involves swapping parts from an MDX engine into a Type-S, including crankshaft, pistons, and other things. The dealer puts on all kinds of mods, like AEM intake and pullies, Comptech headers and exhaust, Level 10 upgraded torque convertor, and much more that I can't remember. If you don't go to South Florida or if you want a full factory warranty, you can't have one.

....can you tell I'm interested in this car?
Old 10-26-2001, 01:41 PM

I got to race a CL-S twice (the same guy). I raced him N/A (im auto) and he got me by 1 car @ 60mph and just started to walk me from there on. I got to pull up to him again @ the next light and i told him good run and wanted to give it a try once more. He was very cool about it and did one more run.

The next run, at the top of 1st, i had half a car, and from there i just walked him. Sorry, i had to flip on the 50 shot.

BTW-With 3 mods, i run 14.3's in my auto, just to give you an idea.

I def. have respect for the car, just not some of the high-headed owners.
Old 10-26-2001, 01:55 PM

Just a thought

If you are wanting to compare 2000-2002 Maxima performance with CL models, try going to the 5th gen forum. Not everyone goes to general discussion. I didn't look there first and if you have posted there, then I apologize.
Old 10-26-2001, 04:16 PM

Re: Re: Re: Beat By a CL-S

Originally posted by Weasel
There's a bit of info he left out. The TL-SX is not a factory supported car, it's a 3.5L engine conversion done by Rick Case Acura in South Florida. I don't know exactly how it's done, but I do remember it involves swapping parts from an MDX engine into a Type-S, including crankshaft, pistons, and other things. The dealer puts on all kinds of mods, like AEM intake and pullies, Comptech headers and exhaust, Level 10 upgraded torque convertor, and much more that I can't remember. If you don't go to South Florida or if you want a full factory warranty, you can't have one.

....can you tell I'm interested in this car?
MDX ENGINE?? I got that in my van with detuned intake/exhaust, maybe I should do that swap
Old 10-26-2001, 07:55 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Beat By a CL-S

Originally posted by costcowholesale

MDX ENGINE?? I got that in my van with detuned intake/exhaust, maybe I should do that swap
Old 10-26-2001, 07:57 PM

?
Old 10-26-2001, 09:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

thanks

Well guys thanks for all the posts on this subject. i wasnt tryin to get in anyones faces or anything and please dont think i am just a acura *** who has a hot head cause hje owns one. I actually have had 2 maximas before my cl-s and my parents just got the 3rd to cap off all the great nissan cars. i owned a 89, leased a 98 se and now my parents leased a 01 after the 98 ran out. I personally love maximas and almost got the 2000 but said no cause i wanted something different. But since the intro of the 2002 with 260hp, i may be goin back to nisan to test it out, and see if its all up to the hype.
WEll to get back to what the guy was sayin about the TL-SX. it is a real car, and I know it cause i have drivin it, and man it is awesome, its a 3.5 l v6 with mdx **** and comptech intakes and exaust and a vtec contoller mounted in the sun visor and rides on 17s, and has a kit, and is white. When my lease is up or maybe next year, i may be gettin a fine tunned animal like the TL-SX but in BLue and with the Navi and deffinatley some hot *** 18s or 19s to make it go bling bling. ALl that for just onder 40gs and did i mention it has 315hp, yup, 315, thats 15 more then the gs430 and 15grand less.
pays to shop rick case acura in south florida.
wg
Old 10-26-2001, 09:10 PM

Re: thanks

Well guys thanks for all the posts on this subject. i wasnt tryin to get in anyones faces or anything and please dont think i am just a acura *** who has a hot head cause hje owns one. I actually have had 2 maximas before my cl-s and my parents just got the 3rd to cap off all the great nissan cars. i owned a 89, leased a 98 se and now my parents leased a 01 after the 98 ran out. I personally love maximas and almost got the 2000 but said no cause i wanted something different. But since the intro of the 2002 with 260hp, i may be goin back to nisan to test it out, and see if its all up to the hype.
WEll to get back to what the guy was sayin about the TL-SX. it is a real car, and I know it cause i have drivin it, and man it is awesome, its a 3.5 l v6 with mdx **** and comptech intakes and exaust and a vtec contoller mounted in the sun visor and rides on 17s, and has a kit, and is white. When my lease is up or maybe next year, i may be gettin a fine tunned animal like the TL-SX but in BLue and with the Navi and deffinatley some hot *** 18s or 19s to make it go bling bling. ALl that for just onder 40gs and did i mention it has 315hp, yup, 315, thats 15 more then the gs430 and 15grand less.
wg
how much do they charge for the MDX engine with rebuilt? $10k? can you upgrade it with a regular TL?
Old 10-26-2001, 10:24 PM

Time to clear the confusion. Rick Case Acura is the first and only one to designer this upgrade for the J32A2. By incorporating MDX engine parts they have boosted the engine to the 3.5L displacement. The cost of the install varies, it can go up to 5k I think if things like AEM CAI, Comptech Headers/Exhaust etc aren't installed (basically it makes 335hp with the mods and the .3L displacment boost). The first generation engines made 315 horsepower. It has just been released that the second generation upgrade (to be released 10/26) now makes 335 horsepower (TL-SX GII). I believe Rick Case Acura warranties it but what good does that do if ya live outside of that state . Its a very interesting upgrade package if you have the money to spend and if you live in Florida.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=24952
Old 10-26-2001, 10:37 PM
is invisible

Wow..Rick Case is everywhere! I thought he was only in the Cleveland area.

Even though the TL-SX is $15k less than a GS400/430 it can't compare. GS is RWD, and adding a couple bolt-ons with surpass the 315hp mark. But, i still wouldn't mind one.
It's still like comparing a Maxima to a BMW.
Old 10-27-2001, 12:07 AM

Re: thanks

wg

get one of those TL-SX's and run my GS430 from a 50 mph roll....and we'll see who's talking about 15 grand in the end....
Old 10-27-2001, 12:39 AM
PhatGuy

Well 315HP or not it still has a lousy tranny unless it is totally rebuilt and geared. A 6spd Max with a few mods (270+) like an intake and y-pipe would blow it away. Hell I'm sure a "stock" Altima 5spd would be even with it! Damn put $10K in mods on a 2K2 6spd Max and it will be a crazy ride! I'm sorry but until Acura comes out with a manual tranny and there is an SC for the Acura the Max will destroy it at equal money spent or even a lot less!

Old 10-27-2001, 01:54 AM

Originally posted by CoolMax
Wow..Rick Case is everywhere! I thought he was only in the Cleveland area.

Even though the TL-SX is $15k less than a GS400/430 it can't compare. GS is RWD, and adding a couple bolt-ons with surpass the 315hp mark. But, i still wouldn't mind one.
It's still like comparing a Maxima to a BMW.
For $35k if I had the money to spend that's the car. The TL-SX is an amazing deal for that price, especially if it's warrantied by Rick Case Acura. I live in Florida, so it doesn't matter to me if it's not good in any other state. I would buy that car right now if I had the money... damn...
Old 10-27-2001, 09:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

weLL THEY ACTUALLY ARE COMING OUT WITH A 6SPEED for both the cl-s and the tl-s and it should be availbable this winter if anyone is interested, and withthe 315 hp package for like 6 grand, its a hellaof a car, i know i have drivin it. I am not biased cause i love maximas and would think of gettin another, but i just dont really like what they did to the front end, its kind of ugly to me, but at least they sort of fixed the rear and the clear lites on around the tail lites were a good choice to.
wg
Old 10-27-2001, 10:02 AM
PhatGuy

I can buy a fully loaded 6spd 2K2 Max SE right now for about $35K CDN (with very little negotiation) That is around $23K US! Now I have $12K US difference between it and TL-SX. I'm sure a stock 6spd Max would be at least even with a TL-SX if not very close. A TL-S with headers and intake is around 300HP at the crank so that extra 15HP in the TL-SX is no big deal. The TL-S/CL-S with 300HP at "best" run mid to high 14's consitantly and one or two have hit below 14.5 once or twice. Hell theblue runs 14.5 consitantly with a 4th gen Max with a few bolt ons! For a 300HP car the modded Type S do not impress me one bit performance wise! Haven't heard of a 6spd TL-S being released either if so it is just rumour. Yes the 2 door CL-S will have a 6spd but nothing confirmed on the the TL-S as far as I know. Be interesting to see how the CL-S matches up to the new 2 door Z as well! In my opinion a stock GS430 would destroy a TL-SX let alone a modded 6spd Max (lets put $12KUS in mods on the Max so there is dollar for dollar spent). Sell the stock rims and tires on the Max and anything else being upgraded ($1K), throw on some 18" rims, excellent tires, Stillen body kit, upgrade brakes, full suspension (RSB, FSTB, RSTB, coilovers etc), y-pipe, rt cat, full cat back, and Supercharger. Even without the SC the Max would beat it!

Old 10-28-2001, 11:05 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

BUt you would still have a ugly interior that is much worse then the 96-2000 model, the newer interior is very ugly and the acuras always come stock with leather and sunroof and 6cd changer in the dash, thats a grand option in the maxima for bose system and the leather package is anoth 2 grand, and there is no way u can get a fully loaded 2002 maxima se for 23, they are stickered in the us at 31grand, i saw it yesterday at the ,maimi car show, if u can, then u have a hook up and thats not what we are talkin, but car for car, the maxima vs cl-s auto is no match, but if the max has a 6speed, and so does the cl-s, no competition, the cl-s would destroy it. and when the tl-sx comes out, yes it will be a modified car, and u can compare it to a stillen changed maxima, the max is still a maxima, like drivin a honda, and the acura, well its like drivin a infiniti, now if u wanna talk about the 255hp infiniti I35, well, i saw a phatt as hell one yesterday at the car show, and that might be something i may look at, but the shifter still sucks, and other then that, its just a glorified maxima, not like the cl-s isnt a glorified accord, but u can definalty see the difference when u sit inside and drive the car, no comparison,
wg
either way they are all nice cars, but u cant compare the cl-s to the maxima, u can cmpare the accord v6 to it, but the cl-s is comparable to the infiniti
Old 10-28-2001, 11:20 AM
PhatGuy

BUt you would still have a ugly interior that is much worse then the 96-2000 model, the newer interior is very ugly and the acuras always come stock with leather and sunroof and 6cd changer in the dash, thats a grand option in the maxima for bose system and the leather package is anoth 2 grand, and there is no way u can get a fully loaded 2002 maxima se for 23, they are stickered in the us at 31grand, i saw it yesterday at the ,maimi car show, if u can, then u have a hook up and thats not what we are talkin, but car for car, the maxima vs cl-s auto is no match, but if the max has a 6speed, and so does the cl-s, no competition, the cl-s would destroy it. and when the tl-sx comes out, yes it will be a modified car, and u can compare it to a stillen changed maxima, the max is still a maxima, like drivin a honda, and the acura, well its like drivin a infiniti, now if u wanna talk about the 255hp infiniti I35, well, i saw a phatt as hell one yesterday at the car show, and that might be something i may look at, but the shifter still sucks, and other then that, its just a glorified maxima, not like the cl-s isnt a glorified accord, but u can definalty see the difference when u sit inside and drive the car, no comparison,
wg
either way they are all nice cars, but u cant compare the cl-s to the maxima, u can cmpare the accord v6 to it, but the cl-s is comparable to the infiniti
Ugly interior? The 2K2 SE has a nice interior. With a $230 brushed aluminum dash kit it looks really good as a matter of fact. The SE I was referring to also has Sunroof, leather, in dash 6 etc.. Funny how the argument of performance based on money spent goes well into the Maxima favour acura guys then start to work on the interior. Ask a lot of CL-S owners it is a rattle trap! Yes I can purchase a fully loaded 2002 Maxima 6spd brand new for the equivalent of $23K US no problem! The 2K2 Auto max vs TL-S are almost the same performance too! There is a guy on the .org who ran his brand new 2K2 auto at 15.3 for his very first time. R&T got 15.3 for the 2k2 TL-S so please explain how it cannot compare considering as well how much cheaper in price the Max acutally is? A stock Altima 5spd would beat a CL-S and TL-S even with headers and Intake. Please show me the links or let me know the performance reviews you are getting your 6spd CL-S data from? Thanks! Dollar for dollar an Altima V6 (i can purchase a fully loaded 2k2 5spd 3.5L for $20K US) or Max would destroy a TL-S or CL-S no problem!

CL-S compared to New Z two door coupes

TL vs Max 6spd or Altima 5spd (4 doors no comparison performance wise)

TL-S VS 6spd Max or 5sp Altima (4 doors both Nissan will out perform it for a lot less money)

CL-S 6spd not available yet

TL-S 6spd not available

I think it just ****es TL-S and CL-S owners off that a new Altima 5spd V6 will blow them away let alone the Max for a lot less money. They have to purchase $1000US headers and an intake just to try to keep up to the stock Nissans. The Acuras are nice cars but the I have heard many horror stories about the CL-S trannies and interior rattles. Acura needs another year or two to smooth these cars over and allow people to get their money worth out of them. By then the G35 will be available. Nissan will be dominating with the Altima this year in their class no question! Acura/Honda really need to step up the performance of their 4 door sedans to at least be on par with Nissan.

Old 10-28-2001, 11:57 AM
RussMaxManiac

Sorry but I saw a fully loaded stickered at 26k yesterday, Altima loaded was 25k...

Go figure.

Also the 2000+ Interiors blow away the 1995-1999 Interiors, and let me say this, Acura interiors are nice in some ways, but THEY USE stil way too much plastic, and also use vinyl on 75% of the seats!!!! Not even real leather!! At least the Maxima has leather on 100% of its seats and doors.

wg

Old 10-28-2001, 12:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

1st off i would love to know where u can get the 2002 se maxima fully loaded for under23 grand, thats just rediculous, when i got my 98, in sugust of 98, i got it for that much, cause of 2grand in dealer incentives and then alot of bargaining cause the car was not a new one and the 99 were on there way inm and they wanted to get rid of the 98s from there stock, and my 98, didnt have bose, leather or abs, and it was 23 grand, so how do u get a fully loaded with everything for the same price, its not truth. Last year i was lookin at the 2001 and they wouldnt give me a 2001 for under 450 a month sign and drive, and my 98 was at 360 sign and drive, i didnt take it cause they told me they would give me the same price as i was payin and they couldnt come close, tell me how u get that 2002 for 23 grand and where and ill shake your hand, cause it aint possible, not with leather and navi and bose radio, no way. And the interior is not as nice as acuras and acuras seats are totally leather and alot more comfy then the maximas, like i said, sat in them both yesterday at the car show, id thiunk of gettint eh I35 next if it had auto stick, but since its not gettin it, cause nissan doesnt know how to make one, ill probally stick with acura tl-sx, yes its modified, but its still sweet as hell, or maybe get a 1 year old GS430. Besides the fact that the grill is UUUUGGGGLY as hell on the maxima, but atleast u have real fogs, i dont, except for my eye ball ones, but the bulbs blew on those already,
wg
Old 10-28-2001, 12:14 PM

more TLS Maxima talk

IMO, the CLS/TLS is in a different class then the Max. That is why magazines haven't done such comparison tests yet. Which car is better is a matter of tastes. Some think the Max is ugly, and others say the TLS is bland. The car does feel good inside, looks stylish outside, and is fast. In a way it's like asking if blondes or brunettes are better

I don't know about prices in the US. In Canada a loaded SE is about $25US, having the leather package as the only option. A similar TLS goes for about $27, and there isn't any options available as the car comes loaded beside spoiler. For me I chose Limp Bizkit (that being the Max, not boring, sometimes offensive, certainly energetic) over Michael Bolton (easy on the eyes, at least for the ladies. Put out hits after hits etc).

May be Nissan will do some dealerships performance modifications. I don't know if a stock Maxima can hang with the TLS. The 2002 6 speed should be a good comparison. But if one spends more $ and get the 3.5 upgrade, that should put the TLS over the Max performance wise. After all, the car is more expensive stock, and with the upgrade it will be a good $ more. This TLSX or whatever sounds like a well tuned machine and it very well should get the win over the Max as well as other car more expensive than the Max. As I said, may be Nissan will offer some mods like exhausts, intakes, suspensions,
engine tweaking, and appearance packages. Until then, I don't see the point trying to say that a stock Max can beat a slightly modified
TLS. This coming from a happy Nissan customer.
Old 10-28-2001, 12:24 PM
RussMaxManiac

Okay kid. You are obviously a stuckup brat. I can tell by your grammer already. For one thing, I drove a loaded one and it was 26k yesterday, leather, loaded just not navi. Also if you go READ YOUR DAMN forums, it says on them when you guys are complaining about the leather in your cars, it says in posts that your seats are NOT FULLY LEATHER, they are VINYL. The only part of the seat that is leather is where your back and butt sits. That's it! The Maxima personally for less money is a hell of alot better made. Nissan has been making performance cars for many years, alot longer than Acura has even been around! And why would someone want a AUTO-STICK?! That is not a REAL PERFORMANCE car, its a luxury car trying to be like a performance. A real 5SPD OR 6SPSD is a real performance transmission.

Until ACURA can build a tranny that will last more than 10k of miles without blowing up, they can get a damn life!

1st off i would love to know where u can get the 2002 se maxima fully loaded for under23 grand, thats just rediculous, when i got my 98, in sugust of 98, i got it for that much, cause of 2grand in dealer incentives and then alot of bargaining cause the car was not a new one and the 99 were on there way inm and they wanted to get rid of the 98s from there stock, and my 98, didnt have bose, leather or abs, and it was 23 grand, so how do u get a fully loaded with everything for the same price, its not truth. Last year i was lookin at the 2001 and they wouldnt give me a 2001 for under 450 a month sign and drive, and my 98 was at 360 sign and drive, i didnt take it cause they told me they would give me the same price as i was payin and they couldnt come close, tell me how u get that 2002 for 23 grand and where and ill shake your hand, cause it aint possible, not with leather and navi and bose radio, no way. And the interior is not as nice as acuras and acuras seats are totally leather and alot more comfy then the maximas, like i said, sat in them both yesterday at the car show, id thiunk of gettint eh I35 next if it had auto stick, but since its not gettin it, cause nissan doesnt know how to make one, ill probally stick with acura tl-sx, yes its modified, but its still sweet as hell, or maybe get a 1 year old GS430. Besides the fact that the grill is UUUUGGGGLY as hell on the maxima, but atleast u have real fogs, i dont, except for my eye ball ones, but the bulbs blew on those already,
wg

Old 10-28-2001, 12:46 PM
PhatGuy

I live in Canada

http://www.nissan.ca/eng/cars/maxima/price.html

Remember these are list prices. I can negotiaate at least $1000-$1500 off the fully loaded SE with 6spd at $36.9CDN. Current US$->CDN$ exchange rate is approx 1.55. $36.9-$1.5 = $35.4 $35.4 / 1.55 = $22.83US ( sorry I was too high saying $23K). Thank you very much and have a nice day!

$35,000 - $22,830 = $12,170 (US$) difference! Again thank you very much and have a nice day!

Quick Reply: Beat By a CL-S