General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

RoadKilled and RoadKill Radar, Police and some (Extra long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 06:26 AM

RoadKilled and RoadKill Radar, Police and some (Extra long)

I just got back home from a trip to ATL this morning ~3am.. I've been at work since 7am so if I have a lot of type O's or something doesn't make much since forgive me in advance..

Heading to Atl leaving from my house ~12:45am Friday I had a crew of cars using me as the Ticket guy. That's cool for a short time but at some point one is to rotate and let the other lead(HWY courtesy#;>)). Well, I had about 3 cars following me for about 20miles ~95+mph thru southern VA.. After 7-10 mins I like for someone else to come up to the front but no one would do it.. So I gunned it leaving everyone behind except for this 540.. ~130 the BMW realizes that I'm actually trying to race him and at that point he easily speeds up beside me then lets off and tucks back in behind me.. I was like damn..Oooo K..LOL!! The BMW drops off a few minutes later and I resume my 95+ cruising speed.. Roadkilled!

Heading home the same thing happens while my buddy was driving(and after dropping my brother off at work in Richmond) but this time it was a NOS'd up Integra.. It was old too with a huge exhaust with black smoke coming out when he gunned it.. I've never seen one move out like that but none-the-less we walked him just like the BMW did us. But we keep speeds in the low triple digits for at least 40 miles thru VA.

Also, On the way home an Accord Coupe v6 tried to take a run at me and hang but I kept smoking him over and over again for miles. When we(me and Mr. Accord) hit South Carolina I slowed down a bit. Ka is not that good on my 950 Bel (I knew I shoulda got the 970 or 980), IMHO, and South Carolina loves their new KA equiped Camaros. I chilled around 85mph in their 55 mph zoned hwy.. As I come up this hill POW! Ka 5 L.E.Ds out of 9 hits just as I hit the crest!!! I was like "Damn it! I jumped to the right lane and slammed down to 65mph. Mr. Accord V6, who tailed me thru the Northern portions of GA thru SC, slows down but keeps right on past me at ~75 mph.. The camaro hops on the HWY and tails me hittin me with KA checkin' my speed then moves on to the Accord and checks his speed then "lights him up" and pulls him over behind another pulled over victim..

VA has mostly K but one tried to get me and the Integra with Ka as he entered the on ramp. Some poor sucker who we must have passed miles ago(who thought we would be his radar patsies(sp?)) flew by both of us after I slammed down to a decent speed.. This fool passes the damn unmarked and then realized who he was passing just as his front 1/4 panel passes the cop's front end.. The both slam on brakes..LOL!! It was funny since dude slammed on brakes to slow down and the cop slammed to get behind him and "light him up"... Well the cop won the slamming contest and pulled him over.. Myself and the Acura chilled. I later pulled off Near lorton VA to get that cheap Exxon gas at 1.11 for premium before I headed home to get a good 3 hour nap before work.
Old 10-29-2001, 06:27 AM
Administrator

too long.. cliff notes?
Old 10-29-2001, 06:39 AM

where was this 130 mph jaunt with the beamer, VA or NC ?

hard to read at times, but nice Monday morning story.
Old 10-29-2001, 06:53 AM

BMW was in southern VA.. NC has instant on so I don't do too much over 85 or 90 thru there.. Imma go back and edit the story.. I had to hurry to a meeting at 9:30..

Originally posted by s1rch
where was this 130 mph jaunt with the beamer, VA or NC ?

hard to read at times, but nice Monday morning story.
Old 10-29-2001, 07:00 AM

142 on Sunrise Highway in LI.
Old 10-29-2001, 08:40 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

95+ mph on the highway is what i like to see
Old 10-29-2001, 09:06 AM

Interesting story Eben. I don't think I can caravan with you for a long distance.
Old 10-29-2001, 09:29 AM

I dont get it though. Whouldnt it be better to be the one who is in the lead? Would the cop go after the first one who is speeding, rather than the last one, who is easier to get to?
Old 10-29-2001, 09:39 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by TintDaMax
I dont get it though. Whouldnt it be better to be the one who is in the lead? Would the cop go after the first one who is speeding, rather than the last one, who is easier to get to?
depends on where you are.. WASHINGTONDCMAX seems to know the roads well. i have been the lead guy of 4 cars and guess what... got all 4 of us.. and i have been in the lead and did not get caught. you would like to be 2nd so you have more time to slow down before the cop clocks your speed. BUT being first means you can try and leave the situation with traffic behind you helping
Old 10-29-2001, 09:43 AM

Originally posted by bags533

depends on where you are.. WASHINGTONDCMAX seems to know the roads well. i have been the lead guy of 4 cars and guess what... got all 4 of us.. and i have been in the lead and did not get caught. you would like to be 2nd so you have more time to slow down before the cop clocks your speed. BUT being first means you can try and leave the situation with traffic behind you helping
Oh, i see. makes sense
Old 10-29-2001, 11:38 AM

What!!

My caravans are very smooth and easy going.. You make it seem as if I was diving in and out of traffic..

Originally posted by Paul6speed
Interesting story Eben. I don't think I can caravan with you for a long distance.
Old 10-29-2001, 01:21 PM

Re: What!!

No... I'm talking about the 130+ MPH speeds.

Originally posted by Washington DC Maxima
My caravans are very smooth and easy going.. You make it seem as if I was diving in and out of traffic..

Old 10-29-2001, 04:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I don't like being in the back. Once on the Florida Turnpike heading to Orlando there was a three car caravan. We kept it at over 100 all the way. Lexus up front, me in second with a rented Alero and a Corolla behind. The Corolla kept trying to pass me to get in the middle and I wouldn't let him, until I hit the damn limiter at 109 and the car slowed down to 105 and corolla walked me. It was freakin embarassing.
Also, once I was the lead car in a rented Taurus with a Altima behind me, doing 105 on I75. Cop went around the Altima to get me. He clocked me doing 95 in a 70. I guess he clocked me after I had slowed down.
Old 10-29-2001, 08:48 PM

Damn guys! Wish my morning commute was HALF as exciting! Central/North Jersey commute is MURDER! Spend most of the time hitting the brakes sitting in bumper to bumper...

Heh, and don't know bout you guys, but our cops/troopers travel/wait to pounce in packs of at least 2. VERY dangerous. I once saw three unmarked troopers pull over three cars in a stretch of 1000 feet....sure made everyone else drive reeeeaal slow.

Never been able to take the car over 102 MPH.