General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Project: Installing Shock Sensor onto Factory Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 06:02 PM
RussMaxManiac

Project: Installing Shock Sensor onto Factory Alarm

I will be installing a Dual Stage Shock Sensor on our Factory Alarm systems. Our Factory Alarms are fair for what they do. Personally most of us would keep them if they had shock sensors and other type of connections. I will be only using the full trigger on this sensor since our alarm does not have pre-warns.

This project should be completed by this weekend with pictures and a detailed write up. I will be picking up the supplies tomarrow after work hopefully to complete this job. The factory alarm does not work off a negative system, so I will be using multiple components to make this work and will have it all listed when the job is completed after I make sure it works properly.

Total project $$$$ About $20 bucks total.

Looks like I will be the first person to attempt this. No one else has every posted in 6 yrs of ever doing this. I am willing to be the beta boy!

Old 10-30-2001, 06:21 PM
Granny Driven

Re: Project: Installing Shock Sensor onto Factory Alarm

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
I will be installing a Dual Stage Shock Sensor on our Factory Alarm systems. Our Factory Alarms are fair for what they do. Personally most of us would keep them if they had shock sensors and other type of connections. I will be only using the full trigger on this sensor since our alarm does not have pre-warns.

This project should be completed by this weekend with pictures and a detailed write up. I will be picking up the supplies tomarrow after work hopefully to complete this job. The factory alarm does not work off a negative system, so I will be using multiple components to make this work and will have it all listed when the job is completed after I make sure it works properly.

Looks like I will be the first person to attempt this. No one else has every posted in 6 yrs of ever doing this. I am willing to be the beta boy!
Good luck. I would like to install the sensor two.
Old 10-30-2001, 07:40 PM

you're the man bro, that's definatly something many of us on the forum would like to have, good luck, don't fry anything
Old 10-30-2001, 07:43 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Project: Installing Shock Sensor onto Factory Alarm

Originally posted by Vinipux
you're the man bro, that's definatly something many of us on the forum would like to have, good luck, don't fry anything
I just got done testing it, and it did set the alarm off per my theory! So I will work on actually installing it this weekend properly and take all pics and instructions. Including prices, and what to buy from where.

Basically the price has now dropped from $20 to $12 to install one.

Old 10-30-2001, 07:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The factory alarm does not work off a negative system, so I will be using multiple components to make this work and will have it all listed when the job is completed after I make sure it works properly.
good job Russ

also, if you dont know already, you can convert a + to - or - to + pretty easily using a single relay

if you want to know more, let me know and I'll explain it, but it's pretty simple
Old 10-30-2001, 08:07 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»

good job Russ

also, if you dont know already, you can convert a + to - or - to + pretty easily using a single relay

if you want to know more, let me know and I'll explain it, but it's pretty simple
On a shock sensor though you do not want to use a relay, unless you can turn off the shock sensor while driving or that relay will just be clicking like crazy. The way I have is simple, no need for anything additional really.

Old 10-31-2001, 05:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Project: Installing Shock Sensor onto Factory Alarm

On a shock sensor though you do not want to use a relay, unless you can turn off the shock sensor while driving or that relay will just be clicking like crazy. The way I have is simple, no need for anything additional really.
that's true, but you could wire it up so it couldn't activate when the car was on ie something like wire the - coil on the relay to the ACC + wire so it or the stock alarm probably has an armed output somewhere that you could use for the coil on the relay

anyway, sounds like you've got it under control though so I'll be quiet now

good luck, sounds cool
Old 10-31-2001, 06:08 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Hmm...sure..you are the first one I have a shock sensor on my factory alarm since 1999.

This is the shock sensor I have.

http://www.codl.com/its.html

Old 10-31-2001, 07:38 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Excellent idea! Keep us posted I'd definately be interested in putting that in my car as well.
Old 10-31-2001, 07:50 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
Hmm...sure..you are the first one I have a shock sensor on my factory alarm since 1999.

This is the shock sensor I have.

http://www.codl.com/its.html

I thought Russ was a veteran.....

This isn't the first time this has been done. I would prove it, but that requires effort.
Old 10-31-2001, 07:54 AM
Administrator

http://forums.maxima.org/search.php

Originally posted by bill99gxe

This isn't the first time this has been done. I would prove it, but that requires effort.
Old 10-31-2001, 08:17 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Project: Installing Shock Sensor onto Factory Alarm

Originally posted by SprintMax
http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?

That only could have prevented Tony from repeating himself, as shown in this post:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....sensor+factory

which was found as a result of this search:

http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?...der=descending

Maybe Russ's angle is from a cheapness standpoint?
Old 10-31-2001, 03:58 PM
RussMaxManiac

To old to show proof?! hehe jk. Well I haven't really ever seen it discussed, so I assumed it has never been done. But i will do a write up and make it official then.

Old 10-31-2001, 04:02 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Project: Installing Shock Sensor onto Factory Alarm

That only could have prevented Tony from repeating himself, as shown in this post:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....sensor+factory

which was found as a result of this search:

http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?...der=descending

Maybe Russ's angle is from a cheapness standpoint?
You the man! :P Thanks for the links..... Yeah mine is ALOT cheaper. $10 bucks for the sensor . The only thing I am not sure is if the alarm will shut up after going off a while.

Old 10-31-2001, 07:33 PM

:)

Keep us posted!
Old 11-01-2001, 06:16 AM

let us know when you are done! I am looking for way to make my alarm to chirm when i lock car, and arm rear doors with sensors too!

make it active from passive!

Thanks!