General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Geico Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2001, 10:47 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Geico Insurance

Hey...

I am considering moving to Geico and was wondering if anybody had opinions on the subject? (Like I have to ask ) I am currently with Progressive and am unhappy with the service. Should you not want to post here, go ahead and PM me. I am looking for claims time. Did they argue with you about values and so on and so forth. Also if you were hit by a person with Geico Ins, let me know you experience also

Thanks in advance
Old 10-31-2001, 10:56 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

I had them when I wrecked my 96 5spd. Other drivers fault. They paid up, but it took em a little while. Probably about 3-4 weeks to get the whole thing resolved...
Old 10-31-2001, 11:24 AM

I've been w/Geico for about 5 yrs now and use them for auto, homeowners and commercial insurance. If you think their rates are good now, add homeowners or renters insurance and they will give you an even bigger discount. I don't really have a problem with their service, the few claims that i've submitted have been handled within 1 week and you get all the basics i.e roadside assistance, 24hr cust svce, etc. I would reccomend them to anyone.
Old 10-31-2001, 11:40 AM
Got Bent?

i have Geico right now... I have been with them for 5 years... no problems with them so far
Old 10-31-2001, 11:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i switched to geico from progressive and saved like $1800. So far i have not had to make a claim but with a savings like that i would recommend it to anyone.
Old 10-31-2001, 01:38 PM

Re: Geico Insurance

Gieco has paid all my claims.. The most I had to argue with them was over personal items that were stollen from my car but at least they give you up to $200 for that.. My buddy has another insurance company an they offered him nothing for personal items stollen from his car.

My claims have been.

Complete car theft including aftermarket stereo system and aftermarket rims. Fax them receipts of that stuff when you get it.

Hail

and a dear that ran into the side of my front fender.

Originally posted by Colonel
Hey...

I am considering moving to Geico and was wondering if anybody had opinions on the subject? (Like I have to ask ) I am currently with Progressive and am unhappy with the service. Should you not want to post here, go ahead and PM me. I am looking for claims time. Did they argue with you about values and so on and so forth. Also if you were hit by a person with Geico Ins, let me know you experience also

Thanks in advance
Old 11-01-2001, 11:16 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I work there

I work for GEICO and would highly reccommend them. I wouldn't lie to you guys, if I didn't think they were a great company I wouldn't recommend them to you.

I work in claims so if you have any questions pm or email me and I'll help you out. Basically most claims are settled within one week (that's only if we have to send an adjuster out to see the car)... if your car is driveable and you're in a metro area near a geico claims center you can have the check same day or next day in most cases.

Chris
Old 11-01-2001, 11:27 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Re: I work there

Originally posted by CKNY
I work for GEICO and would highly reccommend them. I wouldn't lie to you guys, if I didn't think they were a great company I wouldn't recommend them to you.

I work in claims so if you have any questions pm or email me and I'll help you out. Basically most claims are settled within one week (that's only if we have to send an adjuster out to see the car)... if your car is driveable and you're in a metro area near a geico claims center you can have the check same day or next day in most cases.

Chris
Well, I moved over...just could not beat the deal and did not receive any truely bad info. Donna, the phone rep, was great! I moved my motorcycle first (short story: Progressive called me a liar when my bike was hit in the parking lot of a church during a funeral. Told me damage could not be just from that. Right.) Saved myself 200 clams a year, got better coverage (100/300/100) and the right to ride year round vs the 5 month layup I had previously. Good customer service so far....

Now they are getting back to me on the car....

Thanks for the info everyone...
Old 11-01-2001, 12:10 PM

I have had them for 3 years now, saved a bundle of cash and have only made one claim with them. They fixed a chip in my window free of charge, called up, next day a guy fixed my window. I am thinking of switching homeowners to them. No complaints from me.
Old 11-01-2001, 12:33 PM

Re: Re: I work there

Well, I moved over...just could not beat the deal and did not receive any truely bad info. Donna, the phone rep, was great! I moved my motorcycle first (short story: Progressive called me a liar when my bike was hit in the parking lot of a church during a funeral. Told me damage could not be just from that. Right.) Saved myself 200 clams a year, got better coverage (100/300/100) and the right to ride year round vs the 5 month layup I had previously. Good customer service so far....

Now they are getting back to me on the car....

Thanks for the info everyone...
If you don't mind me asking are you married? I am a 28 year-old single male that rents and Geico is outrageous with their premiums for me.

I had Geico insurance three years ago. Although I never had a claim with them I know that my parent's did and Geico resolved it quickly and professionally. When I got my max Geico charged me $1500 a year for full coverage. I have a spotless record and live in a rural area. Then i started shopping around and progressive quoted me $700 same coverage for a year. Other insurance companies quoted in the $700 range as well. Then when I got my motorcycle which is a 1999 triumph speed triple, Geico quoted me $5,450!!!!!! I'm paying $900 now through Dairyland insurance for my motorcycle. Again I have a spotless record and have attended MSF courses. If you ask me for whatever reason I fall into Geico's high risk profile.

My parents also had Geico home owners insurance. When they found out my parents had a rottweiler (which wouldn't hurt a buttterfly) they cancelled the home owners policy on the spot! The reason why they cancelled the policy is that "according to their studies Rottweilers along with several other breed of dogs instictively go for the throat if they attack." No lie! Well at that point my parents cancelled their auto policy with Geico. They also found cheaper auto insurance as well.

Geico offers reasonable premiums if you fit their profile but you better read the fine print.
Old 11-01-2001, 01:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: I work there

Originally posted by speedtrip

If you don't mind me asking are you married? I am a 28 year-old single male that rents and Geico is outrageous with their premiums for me.

I had Geico insurance three years ago. Although I never had a claim with them I know that my parent's did and Geico resolved it quickly and professionally. When I got my max Geico charged me $1500 a year for full coverage. I have a spotless record and live in a rural area. Then i started shopping around and progressive quoted me $700 same coverage for a year. Other insurance companies quoted in the $700 range as well. Then when I got my motorcycle which is a 1999 triumph speed triple, Geico quoted me $5,450!!!!!! I'm paying $900 now through Dairyland insurance for my motorcycle. Again I have a spotless record and have attended MSF courses. If you ask me for whatever reason I fall into Geico's high risk profile.

My parents also had Geico home owners insurance. When they found out my parents had a rottweiler (which wouldn't hurt a buttterfly) they cancelled the home owners policy on the spot! The reason why they cancelled the policy is that "according to their studies Rottweilers along with several other breed of dogs instictively go for the throat if they attack." No lie! Well at that point my parents cancelled their auto policy with Geico. They also found cheaper auto insurance as well.

Geico offers reasonable premiums if you fit their profile but you better read the fine print.
I am married, 31 yrs old but i've had multiple speeding tickets and now live in the city. I have 3 vehicles covered 98 Max GXE, 2K1 Acura MDX, and 95 Sentra GXE...even before switching homeoners and adding commercial insurance earlier this year, I still was not paying much more than they charged you for just your max....very strange given your age and driving record.
Old 11-01-2001, 01:32 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Re: I work there

Originally posted by speedtrip

What fine print are your refering to? Is it any different than other insurances fine print?

I have a 1998 Honda VFR800FI(Read: crotch rocket). I have been a motorcycle rider for over 5 years(geico discount) and have no tickets(geico discount) and with the above coverages (100/300/100)was quoted 390 a year! Not bad in my book, plus I get to ride year round. I live in Cincy. My buddy just got quoted for the same bike but 2001 and it was a couple bucks cheaper. The only thing I can consider there is that he is 8 years older than I. I am 28 also, single. I did notice they asked a lot of questions about prior accidents, none, value of the bike when purchased vs now. Whether I was primary owner or bought used. Motor cycle safety class, I took (geico discount if I can find my card, DOH!)

Maybe it because of the Triumph? Don't know.

As for the home owners ins, it all based on "averages". If a dog/cat/fish/squirrel is proven mean in some documentation somewhere then it can be deemed as "dangerous". Seems to be arbitrary(sp?) to me.

Rotties are not vicious unless trained that way, or mistreated (god help them). My friend has a HUGE rottie and she would not hurt a flea! She is 4 years old and still acts like a puppy. Seems unfair that those that train these great dogs to be mean ruin it for others.
Old 11-01-2001, 01:47 PM

Re: Geico Insurance

Hey...

Thanks in advance
Cant comment on the service but before
i got my 99 max i called for a quote on
the new car and it was ridiculous $2400 for the year...i shopped around and got it for $1000 a yr thru reliance direct (Now called Kemper)i had reliance about 2 yrs and shopped around again until i got a quote from Amex insurance for $650 a yr
My info is
33 single male
with clean record in Pa
with 2 vehicles one Fullcoverage (The max)
and the other my work car ( piece of junk)
just liability..
Old 11-01-2001, 03:38 PM

Re: Re: I work there

You VFR guys get all the insurance breaks!
Old 11-02-2001, 02:21 PM

I've had geico quote me a couple of times and found them to be on the high side. I have Kemper, the price is good, the service is OK, but not great.
Old 11-02-2001, 07:27 PM

those of you who listed mods with Geico...how much did your premiums go up?
Old 11-03-2001, 05:41 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

had gieco for three years now. my rates kinda high but thats because of my driving record. just had an accident and they took care of my claim no prob.