General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Get this

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2000, 06:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well I woke up this morning to find my self in apretty good mood. I decided to go look for a nissan adapter for my max. OK, first drove around and asked someoen if there was a pepboys around they said yeah and led me to a doggone Home Depot center. OK!? Next I knew where this one import store was so I go and see it. This place is nothing but Hondas, everywhere. Saw some nice maximas, one dark green one with shaved emblems looked nice. A silver clean as hell, 300ZX. Dont know what year but it had ground efx kit and all looked shweet Ill take pics of it soon its always up there. Saw a third gen also getting its rear light fixture redone or something. Well I go in there seeing that they have nissans there. I ask if they have a nissan air intake adapter if not in stock, could he order one. He told me no he couldnt he doesnt sell any. OK what about ordering. He said the same thing. Man, I tell you what some ppl at import shops have big heads like they are the sh** or something. Dont like the attitudes. Maybe becuase I pulled up in an 88 max against all the suped up Hondas. Anyway they tellme there is a Nopi store. I light up, cool! So he tells me where its at. And Im on my journey. Is all I got to say ism,damn, almost hit the ghetto. If I wasnt already in it. Anyway so I pull up, more dam* hondas. pretty nice though, but when I got out every one looked at me like I was gonna like jump their car or like they were laughing at me inside. Anyway I walk in, Man thats a car enthusiasts dream land, everything you name it. from exhaust to front bumpers (of Hondas that is) anyway I go up there to the desk guy just sitting there lookin around, Im like are you busy, He was like no why. DUH, I m a customer. Anyway so I ask him, "I m looking for a nissan air intake adapter. The fool says that they dont have them and dont sell them either. So I m like, who they got workin here? I know they have to sell an intake adapter for my car, its japanese. so I ask another person. Same doggone answer. WTF, like said those ppl are prett cocky. So I walk out pissed and mad becuase the two number one places dont have nor "so-calledly"sell an adapter for my car. Man my good day ruined. Now I sit here pondering where can I get a Nissan Adapter. any suggestion guys? Need help since some ppl like to be sheisty. Help me out?
Old 11-03-2000, 08:25 PM

If I was to get off my lazy **** I could sell you mine and just make myself another. What I can try is taking off my adapter and tracing the bolt pattern. Then I can scan it and email it to ya. After that you can get you some metal that is like 1/8 or 1/4" thick to drill the holes. After that is done you can put your choice of 2.5 or 3" piping on it.