General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Raced my bros 2k 5 spd tonight

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 08:44 PM

Raced my bros 2k 5 spd tonight

My brother and i were on our way to the local nissan dealer and raced on the highway from about 70-115. It was close at first with me pulling about an inch every second but when he shifted into 4th i gained a 1/4 car. It ended up with me winning by about 1/4 of a car. Just posting this because there was a post about "auto 4gen with mods vs stock 5 spds" and i said i would race my brother. For people with sigs turned off i have a 99 SE auto with y pipe and intake and my brother is stock at the moment. We raced once before when he had a y-pipe and intake and i just had intake it he pulled about 3/4 cars from 40-80. When he gets his y-pipe back from cattman and puts the intake back on it should be a different story .
Old 11-05-2001, 09:08 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Re: Raced my bros 2k 5 spd tonight

Originally posted by CHI99Limited
When he gets his y-pipe back from cattman and puts the intake back on it should be a different story .
sounds like SC time or NOS

but that's just what i think you need to stay competitive
Old 11-05-2001, 09:08 PM

I was in MAX2000JP's car...it was absolutely EVEN until the 3rd to 4th shift..when you gained a 1/4 car but as soon as he got into fourth...you weren't pulling anymore
Old 11-05-2001, 10:25 PM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
I was in MAX2000JP's car...it was absolutely EVEN until the 3rd to 4th shift..when you gained a 1/4 car but as soon as he got into fourth...you weren't pulling anymore
How many people were in his car?

Old 11-05-2001, 11:06 PM

Originally posted by PhatGuy

How many people were in his car?
just me...and I only weigh 150 pounds...that wouldn't make much difference in a race from 70-115...plus MAX2000JP had less than a 1/4 tank of gas while his bro was almost full....
Old 11-05-2001, 11:46 PM

auto 4th gen running even and beating a stock 5 speed max..??HMMMM....
Old 11-05-2001, 11:47 PM
PhatGuy

just me...and I only weigh 150 pounds...that wouldn't make much difference in a race from 70-115...plus MAX2000JP had less than a 1/4 tank of gas while his bro was almost full....
I don't think approx 2/3-3/4 of a tank of gas would make up the 150lbs difference which could make up a 1/4 car difference. I think it would have also been different if the 5spd opened up 4th all the way to 125mph. The cars seem even at least within those particular speeds. Good to hear that modded autos can hang with stock 5spds though.

Old 11-05-2001, 11:56 PM
SLOW

What are you fockers doing racing without me???

Brian get those videos up man, I have some disbelievers I need to silence.
Old 11-06-2001, 05:53 AM
RussMaxManiac

Hmm sounds like the owner of the 2k 5spd didn't hold the car till redline. That is where the 2k shines. I pull 4th gens daily with more mods than you

My brother and i were on our way to the local nissan dealer and raced on the highway from about 70-115. It was close at first with me pulling about an inch every second but when he shifted into 4th i gained a 1/4 car. It ended up with me winning by about 1/4 of a car. Just posting this because there was a post about "auto 4gen with mods vs stock 5 spds" and i said i would race my brother. For people with sigs turned off i have a 99 SE auto with y pipe and intake and my brother is stock at the moment. We raced once before when he had a y-pipe and intake and i just had intake it he pulled about 3/4 cars from 40-80. When he gets his y-pipe back from cattman and puts the intake back on it should be a different story .

Old 11-06-2001, 07:50 AM
My 4DSC

sounds to me like someone's a little lazy w/ the shifter.

Old 11-06-2001, 09:08 AM

ok guys....I was there...I saw it....the modded 4th gen auto did pull a little on the 5-speed 5th gen...I don't care what russ says...I was in the 5th gen and he shifted right at redline..and he has not problems at all shifting...just the fact than the power in removed from the wheels in the 5-speed for a split second while the auto keeps pulling made the 1/4 car. The fact is a lightly modded 4th gen auto CAN HANG and SLIGHTLY pull on a 5-speed 5th gen....that's pretty impressive.

Russ...we all know that your car is as fast as a ferrari and you can beat ANY 4th gen maxima out there simply becuase you have a superior 5th gen...so you don't have to remind us.

Neal...I need that firewire cable to get the video up....
Old 11-06-2001, 09:50 AM
PhatGuy

ok guys....I was there...I saw it....the modded 4th gen auto did pull a little on the 5-speed 5th gen...I don't care what russ says...I was in the 5th gen and he shifted right at redline..and he has not problems at all shifting...just the fact than the power in removed from the wheels in the 5-speed for a split second while the auto keeps pulling made the 1/4 car. The fact is a lightly modded 4th gen auto CAN HANG and SLIGHTLY pull on a 5-speed 5th gen....that's pretty impressive.

Russ...we all know that your car is as fast as a ferrari and you can beat ANY 4th gen maxima out there simply becuase you have a superior 5th gen...so you don't have to remind us.

What has that particular 5spd run at the track stock or with mods? I think I remember him posting some times that seemed slow for the mods he had? And he got mad at me when I said their might be something wrong with his car or shifting?? No flame here just curious?

Old 11-06-2001, 09:58 AM
is invisible

Re: Re: Raced my bros 2k 5 spd tonight

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
Hmm sounds like the owner of the 2k 5spd didn't hold the car till redline. That is where the 2k shines. I pull 4th gens daily with more mods than you

Is that your new reason for not beating Ant?
Old 11-06-2001, 10:01 AM
RussMaxManiac

I don't give a rats ***. A auto 4th gen is no way will take a 5spd 5th gen. That is over 1 sec slower stock, OVER!. I have raced a 4th gen auto with intake. I COMPLETELY SLOTTERED IT, and it was a 95 GXE. We talked afterwards, he thought I had a SC . I have raced a heavily modded 4th gen auto in austin, I won';t say any names since he is on here, but he said my car is fast! He has lots of mods, and I walk him. So again, that 5spd was not running either like it should or the driver could not drive.,

Old 11-06-2001, 10:04 AM
PhatGuy

Re: Re: Re: Raced my bros 2k 5 spd tonight

Originally posted by CoolMax

Is that your new reason for not beating Ant?
What does Ant drive? I wanna hear this story!

Old 11-06-2001, 10:08 AM
is invisible

Re: Re: Re: Re: Raced my bros 2k 5 spd tonight

Modded '97 SE 5-spd.
Old 11-06-2001, 10:10 AM
PhatGuy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Raced my bros 2k 5 spd tonight

Modded '97 SE 5-spd.
Mods? We want story! We want story! I know its old news but I wanna hear the story!

Old 11-06-2001, 10:19 AM
is invisible

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Raced my bros 2k 5 spd tonight

Mods? We want story! We want story! I know its old news but I wanna hear the story!
We should leave it up to Russ...but Ant's car edged him on the freeway...Russ said his MAF was loose.
Old 11-06-2001, 12:14 PM

The 4th gen did pull away i dont know why you dont beleive this, there were three people who saw it. My brother knows how to drive his 5 spd. He and brian both ran his car 3 times at the track and got the same time. His car was running 15.2 i beleive when he ran it that day. Hey russ what kind of mods do you have to be smoking these 4th gen autos? My bro raced another 2k 5spd at a meet and he raped him so his car isnt ****ed up. The 4th gen auto w/ mods is just a little faster on the highway.
Old 11-06-2001, 12:37 PM

I don't give a rats ***. A auto 4th gen is no way will take a 5spd 5th gen. That is over 1 sec slower stock, OVER!. I have raced a 4th gen auto with intake. I COMPLETELY SLOTTERED IT, and it was a 95 GXE. We talked afterwards, he thought I had a SC . I have raced a heavily modded 4th gen auto in austin, I won';t say any names since he is on here, but he said my car is fast! He has lots of mods, and I walk him. So again, that 5spd was not running either like it should or the driver could not drive.,

where do you get this 1 sec slower cr@p....a stock 5th 5-speed gen will usually run low 15s and a stock 4th gen auto will run mid to high 15s....how the hell is that over 1 second????

why don't we run my lowly 4th gen against your godly 5th gen next summer if there is a midwest maxus...I'll be there....

MAX2000JPs car isn't running slow...it beat a 330ci on the highway EASILY the night before this particular run...

BTW russ....learn how to spell slaughtered...
Old 11-06-2001, 01:20 PM

Okay im tired of hearing all these excuses made up by fellow 5th gen owners. I didnt miss a shift and shifted at redline without hitting the rev limiter. My brothers car is just as fast as my 5th gen 5 speed from a roll. Russ I honestly think that your car wouldnt pull on it from a roll. I dont know how you can say that you "Pull" on 4th gens with more mods than my bro's car. I have witnessed 4th gens running easily in the 14's numerous times, so why is it hard to believe. Nealoc182 ran a 14.6 at the track this weekend. Say my brothers car is .5 slower because of the auto it puts him in the low 15s right with you Russ. I believe you ran a best of 15.2 in your car. Your excuse was that you cant drive on the track and are much better on the street and have beaten many 14 second cars. Until you have a slip that shows that your car is faster than the 4th gens that you put down, your all talk. If you cant drive on the strip (more traction) how can you say you are a good driver on the street.

PS: My car will be back from the dealer tonight and I will run him again now that my engine is running back to normal, but thats no excuse.
Old 11-06-2001, 01:28 PM

should be a different story . [/B]
good job!! maybe you got a super god automatic maxima like russ and theblue!
Old 11-06-2001, 01:34 PM

Originally posted by MAX2000JP
Okay im tired of hearing all these excuses made up by fellow 5th gen owners. I didnt miss a shift and shifted at redline without hitting the rev limiter.
C'mon Jason tell them the truth...you bounced it off the limiter 3 or 4 times before you shifted into 4th didn't you!! Nice race guys!! Damn I need to get some more mods and challenge your bro to a little race!! We'll see if the auto 5g can hang with the auto 4g!!
Old 11-06-2001, 04:35 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Raced my bros 2k 5 spd tonight

Ask Ant again. Past 2 weekends I have beaten him As soon as I hit high 3rd and hit 4th, I pull away.

Old 11-06-2001, 04:37 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Raced my bros 2k 5 spd tonight

We should leave it up to Russ...but Ant's car edged him on the freeway...Russ said his MAF was loose.
Yes it was, and we proved it this past weekend and before that. I beat him now. As soon as my car hits 5500 I pulled on him 1/2 car in 3rd, hit 4th, put him a car back. Then I let off. This was around 50mph starting.

Old 11-06-2001, 04:38 PM
RussMaxManiac

The 4th gen did pull away i dont know why you dont beleive this, there were three people who saw it. My brother knows how to drive his 5 spd. He and brian both ran his car 3 times at the track and got the same time. His car was running 15.2 i beleive when he ran it that day. Hey russ what kind of mods do you have to be smoking these 4th gen autos? My bro raced another 2k 5spd at a meet and he raped him so his car isnt ****ed up. The 4th gen auto w/ mods is just a little faster on the highway.
Only a cone intake. And Ants has Ypipe, CAI

Old 11-06-2001, 04:42 PM
RussMaxManiac

Stock auto 4th gens run from 15.6-16.1. My 96 Auto ran 15.9 stock.

Stock 5spd 5th gens run 14.7-15.1 with good drivers, 14.9-15.3 with average drivers.

Okay, not a whole second, but if you go 14.7 to 15.6 for best times on each, yes 1 sec.

If Maxus was in Texas I would make it, I thought I was gonna make it to Vegas, but with my new job, and only enough time to take family vaction, I won't make it again.

where do you get this 1 sec slower cr@p....a stock 5th 5-speed gen will usually run low 15s and a stock 4th gen auto will run mid to high 15s....how the hell is that over 1 second????

why don't we run my lowly 4th gen against your godly 5th gen next summer if there is a midwest maxus...I'll be there....

MAX2000JPs car isn't running slow...it beat a 330ci on the highway EASILY the night before this particular run...

BTW russ....learn how to spell slaughtered...

Old 11-06-2001, 04:49 PM

Those times seem about right for a stock Max.

With CAI i ran 15.5@89
With CAI & Y-pipe i ran 15.3@91
With CAI, Y-pipe, & 50 shot i ran 14.3@97
With CAI, Y-pipe, & 100 shot, wanna try this?

I just feel that sometimes the Maxima doesnt run to its potential. I notice on my Max that it runs faster then other days with similar weather if nto same. My opinion is that teh VQ is not consistent w/ performance. This could be a reason why the 4th gen might of stand a chance? A lot of factors can always be an answer.
Old 11-06-2001, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by Synki
My opinion is that teh VQ is not consistent w/ performance. This could be a reason why the 4th gen might of stand a chance? A lot of factors can always be an answer.
yeah, sometimes I can spin the tires like crazy like last week, I saw some white smoke coming out of the my right tire by just flooring the car without Ebrake or brake torquing and sometimes it won't spin more than 1 second going WOT at a stop.
Old 11-06-2001, 06:06 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

"My O2 sensor was out." I think I did pretty good considering I had all my tires in the trunk and back seat since I had just thrown on the GS400s that night.
Old 11-06-2001, 06:22 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by Ants97SE
"My O2 sensor was out." I think I did pretty good considering I had all my tires in the trunk and back seat since I had just thrown on the GS400s that night.

Uhh yea right. That O2 saying. lol (Okay, I had a full tank of gas )

Old 11-06-2001, 06:25 PM

So did I.
Old 11-06-2001, 06:34 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by Ants97SE
So did I.
Let me remind you that at highway speeds weight is no longer a factor. That is a proven fact .

Old 11-06-2001, 06:38 PM

Old 11-06-2001, 08:44 PM

Let me remind you that at highway speeds weight is no longer a factor. That is a proven fact .

Russ....you seriously have an excuse for EVERYTHING.....don't you?

loose MAF, weight no factor...riiight (that's why a 740iL won't keep up with a 540i from a roll right?), bad track conditions....the list goes on and on...you just can't lose can you....remind me..how did that race with DaveB turn out????
Old 11-06-2001, 08:51 PM

Weight doesnt play a factor at higher speeds??? You gotta be kidding me. Try racing when u have 4 people in your car vs 1 person. I guarentee you fell a huge difference.
Old 11-06-2001, 09:21 PM
PhatGuy

I love all this inner Max battles! Awesome! I just wish there was more trash talk (all in fun) but thats just me! Russ is Russ he does his thing and does contribute to the Max community no question. I just think you can't take everything he or anyone else says so seriously all the time.

5th gens rule!

Old 11-06-2001, 10:01 PM

I love all this inner Max battles! Awesome! I just wish there was more trash talk (all in fun) but thats just me! Russ is Russ he does his thing and does contribute to the Max community no question. I just think you can't take everything he or anyone else says so seriously all the time.

5th gens rule!
Russ just seems to have an answer for everything..that's all
Old 11-06-2001, 10:07 PM
PhatGuy

Russ just seems to have an answer for everything..that's all
I wanna hear more about the DaveB run? What kind of car does Dave have and what mods? What were the outcomes?

Old 11-06-2001, 10:36 PM

I wanna hear more about the DaveB run? What kind of car does Dave have and what mods? What were the outcomes?
daveb has a 96SE with custom HKS intake, stillen y-pipe, b-pipe, and UDP....Dave had just intalled his UDP and hadn't adjusted his launch accordingly...so when he raced russ...he spun like mad off the line..and russ got a little lead...but dave reeled him in and passed him way before 100 mph Imagine what he could have done with a good launch....

Quick Reply: Raced my bros 2k 5 spd tonight