General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Freakin' Bugs!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 11:47 AM

Freakin' Bugs!!!

I've had my '01 Max for a week now and I am going to give her her first bath tomorrow. My question is there are A LOT of freakin' bugs stuck to the front bumper/grill area. Very noticeable. My car is the pearl white. Anybody got any recomends for a good product to get these darn things off? Don't want to scratch my new baby. Thanks!

Joee
Old 11-09-2001, 11:50 AM

Tar and Bug Remover, or as someone suggested recently, WD-40. However, make sure you put on some good wax after using either one
Old 11-09-2001, 11:56 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

Think how the bugs feel...
Old 11-09-2001, 12:54 PM

Originally posted by djmaxski
Tar and Bug Remover, or as someone suggested recently, WD-40. However, make sure you put on some good wax after using either one
I have heard that some of those Bug/Tar removers can reek havoc on a paint job. Any brand in particular that you guys have used with sucess?
Old 11-09-2001, 12:56 PM

Originally posted by Chunger
Think how the bugs feel...
Poor Bugs..... ...... NOT
Old 11-09-2001, 01:00 PM

first,

first try just soap and water. Get a lather and let it sit. If it softens the bugs up they will come off.

If that doesn't work I use a quick detail product. Spray it on, wait about a minute and wipe the bugs off.

If that doesnt work use the bug and tar remover. I haven't had to use that yet.

After a wash and wax, the key is to use the quick detail almost daily, when you get bugs on and they wont stick around.
Old 11-09-2001, 01:07 PM

Re: first,

Originally posted by theMax
first try just soap and water. Get a lather and let it sit. If it softens the bugs up they will come off.

If that doesn't work I use a quick detail product. Spray it on, wait about a minute and wipe the bugs off.

If that doesnt work use the bug and tar remover. I haven't had to use that yet.

After a wash and wax, the key is to use the quick detail almost daily, when you get bugs on and they wont stick around.
cool! Thanks for the tip! I have a feeling I will be doing this often White shows everything! But that's cool. Thanks again
Old 11-09-2001, 01:18 PM

Actually, get some clay...that stuff is the most gentle and mose efficient. I used it to get speckled paint off the side of my car from driving under a bridge that they were painting. A detailer recommened it. All you have to do it wet the area down with a mild soap mix, make the clay into a flat shape and rub gently.....and wala! bugs and stuff come off. have fun..
Old 11-09-2001, 01:22 PM

Originally posted by Str8ridin
Actually, get some clay...that stuff is the most gentle and mose efficient. I used it to get speckled paint off the side of my car from driving under a bridge that they were painting. A detailer recommened it. All you have to do it wet the area down with a mild soap mix, make the clay into a flat shape and rub gently.....and wala! bugs and stuff come off. have fun..

cool idea. woulda never thought of that. Your pic is my husbands dream...he too says One Day... Gotta get him out of my Max first.never get to drive it when he's around..His beemers just can't match it