General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Shipping Parts Information

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 06:07 PM

Shipping Parts Information

Im going to kind of vent out something here but people need to realize when you are selling something it cost money to ship the item. And if you live in the \United STates and you purchase a part from someone in CANADA it is going to cost more to ship it for obvious reasons im kind of getting sick of people saying "why is the shipping so much i can ship here in the USA to someone for like $5" yah i can do that too in CANADA by sending it someone in CANADA. FOr example when selling a transmission which is going to weight 200lbs cannot be shipped over the border for less then $200 its is considered freight shipping and when im told that i can do it for 35$ from someone in the states then you can arrange for the person to come and pick it up and you can pay the shipping. I wanna know what you guys think but when your selling something you cannot ship it for free its a world where people need to make money but you need to be fair at the same time but when it comes too you loosing money it makes no sence
Old 09-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Sold

increase the cost of the goods and reduce the shipping cost. Problem solved.
the end $$$ amount will still be the same.

I figure that if I really want what ever the person is selling, I pay what ever they are asking for shipping. Sometimes it sucks, but others it has saved me money. Just look at ebay when purchasing somethings from the usa. Sometimes the shipping is more than the part. That's screwy if you ask me.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by JSMax
increase the cost of the goods and reduce the shipping cost. Problem solved.
the end $$$ amount will still be the same.

I figure that if I really want what ever the person is selling, I pay what ever they are asking for shipping. Sometimes it sucks, but others it has saved me money. Just look at ebay when purchasing somethings from the usa. Sometimes the shipping is more than the part. That's screwy if you ask me.
exactly sometimes you need to screw people over to make them happy if i was selling something for 10 bucks and then it costs 50 to ship and they think thats to much next time i will just sell if for 70$ and free shipping does that make people happy hahahahaha
Old 09-23-2008, 05:18 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Expensive shipping?
Have you seen the price of fuel lately?

Wonder what those shipping trucks run on?

To the OP of this thread, if you can ship 200lbs of freight anywhere for $35 bucks, please tell me what shipping company you are using. My business would save thousands of dollars with rates like that.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by njmaxseltd
Expensive shipping?
Have you seen the price of fuel lately?

Wonder what those shipping trucks run on?

To the OP of this thread, if you can ship 200lbs of freight anywhere for $35 bucks, please tell me what shipping company you are using. My business would save thousands of dollars with rates like that.
i started this thread and im not that one that said it was cheap to ship i had someone arguing with me that i was charging to much to ship a tranny....and then they said that they shipped one for $35 which would be 200lbs frieght so i told them well you got a wicked deal then hahahaha