General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

RaceTech SS Line Leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 05:00 PM

RaceTech SS Line Leak

Some of you might remember my previous thread about random clutch issues. Turned out to be a broken clutch finger. Anyway, moving on.
After a new clutch, slave cylinder and RaceTech SS line install, I thought I was sitting pretty. Imagine my suprise as I was on the way home from getting my son from daycare and my car craps out and the clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor.

After my wife comes and gets my son, I do the ole' clutchless drive routine and manage to get the car home. I start looking over everything and I really can't find the problem. I remove the slave cylinder and watch it closely as my wife presses the clutch. Yep, sure enough, my 2 month old RaceTech SS line is leaking right where the line goes into the fitting.

I've tried calling RaceTech, but I can only assume they are closed on the weekends. Has anyone else had any issues with RaceTech parts? Does anyone know if they even warranty thier parts? I really don;t have time to wait on a part to come from California. It's sort of rediculous that a 2 month old part has already crapped out.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:33 AM

Does anyone know of other companies that make a similar product? I don;t want to go through this again in another few months so I'd much rather buy from another company.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:44 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Originally Posted by 4DSCDriver
Does anyone know of other companies that make a similar product?
Your local Nissan dealer.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:41 AM
STFU n00b!

Where the line goes into the molded fitting, or where the fitting on the line mates with the slave cylinder?

Call up RaceTech, get another line. install it and see how it does. they should give you another one under warranty. it could have been anything that caused that leak, from installation error to assembly error to a rock hitting it while driving. Seen it happen on brake lines.

If all that fails, I have some Techanfit lines at the shop I'll be glad to sell you (I think I have a 5 gen line in stock), but give the other guy a chance to make it right.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:56 PM

I called RaceTech today and ordered another line. They told me to jest send in the bad one and they would inspect it and decide how to handle it.
The leak was coming from where the line was crimped into the molded fitting. They were very cool about it so I'm sure they will take care it. Hopefully it won't take forever for them to credit my account and all that good stuff.