General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Nissan recognizes car club culture

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2001, 05:26 AM
Banned

Nissan recognizes car club culture

So I was at the Nissan dealer last night talking to them about possibly trading in my wife's car. So I was sitting in the saleman's office and came across this book called "Sales Talk". "Sales Talk" is a magazine that Nissan puts out for all there sales professionals and you'll never guess what's inside of it. Seems that this months issue talks about "car club culture" and how we love our cars.

Here's a little blurb from the first article.

"Tapping into Nissan car culture"

"They love their cars. They're extremely loyal to Nissan. And they don't miss an opportunity to talk up the brand to neighbors, friends, and colleagues. With a little effort, they could be a source of sales and referrals.

Who are these people? Members of the cars clubs devoted to Nissan vehicles. Some sales consultants already have learned the benifits of reaching out to these committed owners. Read on to find ways you, too, can cash in on Nissan car buffs."

Its' a nice 3 page setup with pictures of CourtesyNissan's parts site, Xterra club, Z club, Altimas and last but not least us...Maxima.org. The best part is that Nissan took a picture from the Liberty State parks meet and used it in a couple of places. They also snapped a shot of the Maxima.org and the car of the Month is September.

The article also talks about how we create internet links to car dealerships and host meetings. Seems like we as a car club are finally being recognized by Nissan and that's awesome. So let's try to keep this board professional because others are watching.

Attached is the picture they used in the article.
Old 11-13-2001, 05:43 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

That's good to know....
Old 11-13-2001, 05:50 AM

hmmm with a bit more recognizing, maybe nissan would help pay to support this site? Now that would be cool hehe
Old 11-13-2001, 06:01 AM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

The Nissan Rep had taken a pic of my car at Maxus and said it was for an internal memo they publish.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:04 AM

sounds good! Will they be applying discount on our cars too? maybe a free car wash?
Old 11-13-2001, 09:31 AM
PhatGuy

Nissan realizes that car club culture must be huge in North America.

I guess they saw the latest news on the home page as well? There are 1000's (??) of members but no one (or team of people) can manage the homepage news or motm? I think it would give the site a little more credibility other than a forum and also keep newbies and all of us up to date with the latest news and events regarding Maxima.

Old 11-13-2001, 09:46 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

WOW!!! Hey I was there
seems like they want to take advantage of us more than anything...cashing in on "performance" parts. However, since we are car club members, they should realize we're generally smarter than the average "I want nice wheels" customer...ah well.

edit: maybe they will bring official NISMO parts here now? Well, it was worth thinking about.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Nissan recognizes car club culture

Originally posted by Jeff K
So I was at the Nissan dealer last night talking to them about possibly trading in my wife's car. So I was sitting in the saleman's office and came across this book called "Sales Talk". "Sales Talk" is a magazine that Nissan puts out for all there sales professionals and you'll never guess what's inside of it. Seems that this months issue talks about "car club culture" and how we love our cars.

Here's a little blurb from the first article.

"Tapping into Nissan car culture"

"They love their cars. They're extremely loyal to Nissan. And they don't miss an opportunity to talk up the brand to neighbors, friends, and colleagues. With a little effort, they could be a source of sales and referrals.

Who are these people? Members of the cars clubs devoted to Nissan vehicles. Some sales consultants already have learned the benifits of reaching out to these committed owners. Read on to find ways you, too, can cash in on Nissan car buffs."

Its' a nice 3 page setup with pictures of CourtesyNissan's parts site, Xterra club, Z club, Altimas and last but not least us...Maxima.org. The best part is that Nissan took a picture from the Liberty State parks meet and used it in a couple of places. They also snapped a shot of the Maxima.org and the car of the Month is September.

The article also talks about how we create internet links to car dealerships and host meetings. Seems like we as a car club are finally being recognized by Nissan and that's awesome. So let's try to keep this board professional because others are watching.

Attached is the picture they used in the article.
Is it me or that white max in the pic has front damage?
Old 11-13-2001, 10:00 AM

Re: Re: Nissan recognizes car club culture

That looks like SINYMaxSE's car. And I think he just has his hood open.

Originally posted by max7
Old 11-13-2001, 10:22 AM

It's about time they show us some respect!!
Ofcourse it's only because they think they can make more $$$... But as long as we get some respect and it doesn't really cost us anything, it's cool.
Old 11-13-2001, 10:24 AM

Re: Re: Nissan recognizes car club culture

Originally posted by max7

His body kit is painted some weird color and his hood is just upon a tad.
Old 11-13-2001, 10:33 AM

Re: Re: Re: Nissan recognizes car club culture

His bodykit is (not sure if it is anymore) painted chromelusion (sp?) green,

Originally posted by emax95
His body kit is painted some weird color and his hood is just upon a tad.
Old 11-13-2001, 11:36 AM

oh wow thats awesome i can see my old car, see the empty space, and then see that big 18inch rim on the black maxima right after the empty space...thats my old car! ahh the memories...
Old 11-13-2001, 12:06 PM

Glad to see Maxima.org is being recognized..

Thanks for the info Jeff... so what were you looking for at the dealership .. 02 Max

Ant
Old 11-13-2001, 12:14 PM

Its great that we are finally be recognized.

I remember blufish aka Daniel was there and he works for Nissan. Is he the one we can thank for the pics? Maybe that's how we got word around? Big thanks to whoever helped us.

This is one good reason for us to stop acting like kids and more of mature adults.
Old 11-13-2001, 12:25 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Ant95se
Glad to see Maxima.org is being recognized..

Thanks for the info Jeff... so what were you looking for at the dealership .. 02 Max

Ant
Ant: I was looking at the Altima for my wife. She would be trading her Mazda Miata and the dealer isn't giving a whole lot of money now for a convertible. I guess people don't buy convertibles in the winter? Sorry but I love my A.E. and there will be no new car for me.

The person we thank for the picture is Greg Prete who right now is on vacation sailing around some tropical island. His site is greghome.com. If you go to the Liberty Meet pictures on Maxima.org you'll can see where Nissan got the picture from. Greg will have good news for all you new maxima owners though...I see a 6-speed in Greg's future.
Old 11-13-2001, 12:46 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

thanks for the info Jeff. It's good to see those kinds of things. It's ashame thought because this place has really gone to sh*t because of a few members which makes us all look bad.
Old 11-13-2001, 01:36 PM

Very cool that Nissan is recognizing the performance and car club markets, first NISMO coming here now publicizing us as a market for dealers.

Old 11-13-2001, 03:20 PM

Plus the more recognition Nissan gives us the more it might get people who make parts or what not to notice us too. Nice.

SuDZ
Old 11-13-2001, 05:45 PM

nissan is recognizing us because they can make money off of us... if we convince people to buy nissans, people see a nice hooked up maxima ad say hey, that a nice car i wouldnt mind driving one... nissan is doing it for the money
Old 11-13-2001, 06:28 PM

Originally posted by JoesMAX
nissan is recognizing us because they can make money off of us... if we convince people to buy nissans, people see a nice hooked up maxima ad say hey, that a nice car i wouldnt mind driving one... nissan is doing it for the money
Good point there. Also if people make more parts for our cars, more people will be interested in buying Maximas which equals $$$$$ for Nissan.

Either way, it is good that they recognize us as a car club.
Old 11-13-2001, 07:09 PM

Originally posted by JoesMAX
Don't you want Nissan to make money? I sure do, I want them to stay in business. I do not want to see them merge with anyother car company, although they kinda with Renault.

As in business, we all do it for the money. I will continue to give Nissan my money since Nismo will be coming to the US.

If you don't want to give money to Nissan, there's always other car companies you can give it to.
Old 11-19-2001, 08:31 AM

It's amazing the places my pics seem to pop up. I'm glad as long as it's for a good cause!

Yes, I've gone and ordered a 2002 6-speed with HLSD. I received confirmation that the order has been placed and the car should be in around January 15th give or take 2 weeks.

It will be black on black leather, 6-speed, HLSD, Bose, Nav System, etc....

Looking forward to it!
Old 11-21-2001, 09:36 PM

Originally posted by multiplexor
hmmm with a bit more recognizing, maybe nissan would help pay to support this site? Now that would be cool hehe
Help this site? HAH! We're lucky that this site doesn't make any money so Nissan can't shut it down. The day this site makes 1c is the day (Jambo?) will be taken to court and sued for his life savings.

Don't believe me? Check out www.ncchelp.org . It tells the saga of nissan.com and nissan.net

MaXXX
Old 11-21-2001, 09:44 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

ya we need to be very mature, it got bad there for a few weeks but it's getting better now. this is exciting news that we are being recognized, maybe they will see the NE crew videos and remove all speed limiters.
Old 11-21-2001, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by Jeff K

Ant: I was looking at the Altima for my wife. She would be trading her Mazda Miata and the dealer isn't giving a whole lot of money now
if it helps, i traded in a 90 miata with 80k and a hardtop in the portland, or area just about a month ago and got $3750 for it. obviously location, the car you're buying and the guy you're dealing with will affect that number. they seemed to like it a lot more when i told them i had the hard top.

the rats turned around and put it on the lot for $7000. that tells you something about the asking prices for used cars at dealers...