General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Anyone else unimpressed with USAC (KCMO)?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 07:25 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Anyone else unimpressed with USAC (KCMO)?

I've never been to USAC before. For being a "national" competition, the cars were rather weak. There were TONS of primer, rusted, beat up, faded, etc junker cars with horrible looking stereo setups. I could care less if you can hit 150 decibels when you car looks like a big ol' pile of bull-****. I could count the good looking cars on one hand and most of them were vendor rides. I've never seen so many blantly riced out rides. My favorite was a 87 CRX HF with a 5" shift light and DUAL 6" tips. Yeah.

Dave
Old 11-20-2001, 08:59 AM

Re: Anyone else unimpressed with USAC (KCMO)?

Originally posted by Dave B
I've never been to USAC before. For being a "national" competition, the cars were rather weak. There were TONS of primer, rusted, beat up, faded, etc junker cars with horrible looking stereo setups. I could care less if you can hit 150 decibels when you car looks like a big ol' pile of bull-****. I could count the good looking cars on one hand and most of them were vendor rides. I've never seen so many blantly riced out rides. My favorite was a 87 CRX HF with a 5" shift light and DUAL 6" tips. Yeah.

Dave
IASCA events are much better. USAC started off with a heavy emphasis on SPL. At IASCA events, while SPL does gain you a few points, points are awarded primarily based on Sound Quality, Installation, and Presentation. Most cars at the IASCA events that I have attended have been top notch, the cars are expertly detailed and some of the rides are just too radical. A lot of the more successful cars are trailer queens tho so you are mostly going to see cosmetic mods.
Old 11-20-2001, 11:20 AM

That is the thing, most of the people in USAC compete in dB Drag and try to get as high as they can, nobody cares what the car looks like as long as it performs stereo wise. There was a nice van that I saw that had a big screen TV in the back and full SQ setup, he had Matrix playing when he was messing around with the system and tuning it.
Old 11-20-2001, 11:49 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Sound competition scene is so dead now

Everyone one is into car shows like HIN. I remember 5-6 years ago when there were IASCA event locally. Now, I can't find one within 4 hours drive.
Old 11-23-2001, 03:32 AM

Yes, it is dead. I believe when they started to change the rules, they started pizzin off alot of people, plus only having shows that are 4 -5 hours away didn't help. The one change that really got my shorts in a bunch was when they stopped judging the placement of the front soundstage. At my last comp, the judge said I had the only perfect front soundstage, but he couldn't give me any points on it.....WTF, and I eve lost points cause I didn't have an IASCA sticker on my car. Why the hell would I want a "Oh, please break into my car, and steal my stuff" sticker on my car!!

Lovejoy
Old 11-23-2001, 04:07 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I've never considered USAC to be a national body because, as far as I can tell, it exists only in the midwest. There has never ever been a USAC event in the southeast, so I've never given a rat's *** about USAC. It probably does suck.