General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Re: JWT Charger

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 02:31 PM

Re: JWT Charger

I just put in my filter in sounds great. First time I drove I didn't feel much difference I actually felt that it was little slow. I just came back from a second run and when I started up my check engine light came on that kinda annoyed me but I am wondering is it because the sensor that goes into the airbox is no longer pluged in ( I don't know what to do with it should I just leave it hangin ? )
or is it something else and when will I start feeling the subtle power boost ? I have a 95 SE manual
Old 11-22-2001, 02:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

For my car, I put the sensor inside the cone. All you have to do is just take it apart and slide the sensor in. Make sure to leave enough slack so it isn't super snug but not loose enough so that it'll be bouncing around everywhere.

And then reset you ECU. Check the 4th gen forum for the thread on how to do that. If the light comes back on, do a check. But for now, it's probably because you left the sensor hanging there.

And you'll feel the power up top. Automatic people say that you feel a slight loss low-end but 5 spds feel less of a loss. Either way, when you go faster, you'll feel the power up top.
Old 11-22-2001, 02:48 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Re: Re: JWT Charger

Originally posted by maxedout95
I just put in my filter in sounds great. First time I drove I didn't feel much difference I actually felt that it was little slow. I just came back from a second run and when I started up my check engine light came on that kinda annoyed me but I am wondering is it because the sensor that goes into the airbox is no longer pluged in ( I don't know what to do with it should I just leave it hangin ? )
or is it something else and when will I start feeling the subtle power boost ? I have a 95 SE manual
Yes.

I just got springs on and let my sister drive it. A superblack SE '95 just like your's with Konig Caffeine 17x8's. (Blue calipers). The only performance mod i have is the popcharger intake and...

DAMN DOES IT SOUND NICE!! The charger compliments the VQ supurbly.

My car looked a lil better than 'confused' while rolling.
Old 11-22-2001, 03:14 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Originally posted by clee130
For my car, I put the sensor inside the cone. All you have to do is just take it apart and slide the sensor in. Make sure to leave enough slack so it isn't super snug but not loose enough so that it'll be bouncing around everywhere.

And then reset you ECU. Check the 4th gen forum for the thread on how to do that. If the light comes back on, do a check. But for now, it's probably because you left the sensor hanging there.

And you'll feel the power up top. Automatic people say that you feel a slight loss low-end but 5 spds feel less of a loss. Either way, when you go faster, you'll feel the power up top.

I did not know the MAF sensor has to be removed?

I just got a Ractive cone intake w/ heat shield... need the adaptor then i'll throw it in... but removing the MAF doesn't sound like a good idea to me..
Old 11-22-2001, 03:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I don't think he's talking about the MAD sensor. There was a sensor connected to the airbox. The air temp sensor or something... that's the sensor I think he's talking about.

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
I did not know the MAF sensor has to be removed?

I just got a Ractive cone intake w/ heat shield... need the adaptor then i'll throw it in... but removing the MAF doesn't sound like a good idea to me..
Old 11-22-2001, 03:51 PM

I don't think he's talking about the MAD sensor. There was a sensor connected to the airbox. The air temp sensor or something... that's the sensor I think he's talking about.

That is the one that I left hangin the one connected to the top of the airbox so you think I should put it inside the cone. What is that sensor for anyways is it necessary ?
Old 11-22-2001, 04:10 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

oh ok, thanks.. I'll look it up when i get an adaptor and install mine..