General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Lost conrol of the vehicle at 130 mph...............

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2001, 08:31 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

doin it by yourself really aint even a good idea,most of us have family,friends,girlfriends,whatever it may be,but people who do care about us in case anything were to happen,but i guess its part of the whole motorhead shiet...you modify your car,you wanna get the most of it,just nature i guess
Old 11-24-2001, 08:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You got lucky.
I was in my friends car once when it spinned out on the highway. It was an old firebird, we were doing like 50 and it spinned out. It did a 270degree spin and ended with me facing traffic. Luckily no one hit us. I might drive very fast in the dry, but I know my limits in the wet, even with brand new tires, especially with no ABS.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:12 PM

Sorry, as much as this is a lesson in life, there is no f*cken way you lose control of a car at that rate of speed, and come to a stop when you have no power controls especially when you said you were in a sweeping right turn since you said ur car pitched left.

-Sorry, but hard to believe. [/B][/QUOTE

Am sorry for coming out again you will get what you are worth. I said it was a right hand corner right. I then said the rear kicked out/slid to the left right. I also said that the car was spinning clockwise right do you know what a clock looks like b!tch. Observe it as it spins around and that is how my car spun. If you happen to look at the second hand you will see the bottom of the second hand move to the left as the tip moves clockwise which is to the right .You are an idiot if you think i posted this to get some sympathy.

Again Jambo/clee/bill99gxe/all moderators excuse my foul language please.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:17 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
did you not think they were going to flame you for this? i havn't said anything because i didn't feel the need to.. but didn't you expect to be flamed for this
I agree all am saying is i did something foolish thats all learn from my mistake's.All right thank you show is over please move on. Sprintmax no pun intended.I respect your response but yo-its-ok is ****ing me off.
Old 11-25-2001, 11:37 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

wow

I rarely go above the speed limit when it's raining to be honest.. Only on straight roads with not many cars around. I remember rear ending someone while having my wheels lock and have no control of the car, it is not fun.

And BTW, I am with yo_it's_ok on this one... Not saying you are lying or anything, don't get me wrong...... But that is not very believable, at least the way you told the story.. I don't know how long you were skidding for in actuality but I remember loosing control at 15 mph and ****, I was skidding for quite a while in my 93 Max, Going almost 10 times that, the skid would be unbelievably long and unless you were skidding straight (although you were going around a curve right?) that is truly amazing...
Old 11-25-2001, 11:55 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by d_98SE

I agree all am saying is i did something foolish thats all learn from my mistake's.All right thank you show is over please move on. Sprintmax no pun intended.I respect your response but yo-its-ok is ****ing me off.

hey we all make mistakes. sometimes people feel the need to make sure that you know your decision was not a smart one. and sometimes people don't say things the correct way.

I am NOT trying to kick you while your down. Just trying to help the tension.

Again I am Glad your OK , and if you need help with anything let me know. Carl has my number.
Old 11-25-2001, 02:01 PM

Re: Lost conrol of the vehicle at 130 mph...............

To all,

I've been reading all of the post here and it's obvious that he
deserve some criticism, but give him a break as he was brave enough to
come to this forum and admitted his stupidity knowing he was going to
be criticise.

Since I've taken a defensive driving course if that would to happen to
me I would of engage my gear to neutral as soon as I was spinning and
would of gotten some control. D_98Se with engine off and no control.
I would consider it as extremely lucky.

I suggest we all look at this post as a lesson learn for all of us,
and hope the criticism this person received will not detour others
from posting their mistakes for fear of harsh criticisms.

Mike

Originally posted by d_98SE
All i can say is my stupidity, a wet road and high rate of speed was enough for me to loose control of my car.This all happened where highway 75N splits to 85N in GA. I was stupidly pushing over 120mph around this corner when the rear of the maxima spun out to the left.

The next thing i saw were headlights,highway divider,wall and taillights in no particular order. Yes the car was spinning clockwise all over 75N due to my taking the said corner at a stupid 130mph. I just sat there immobilized waiting for either somebody to crash into me or my car to crash into the wall or even the divider.

With nothing much to do i put my foot hard on the brake and the car stalled so now here i was stuck with a 3000lb piece of metal with no power steering or assisted brake's and still continuing it's erratic travel with my foot still depressing the resistant brake pedal . After a few more hair-raising spins the car came to a stop sideway's in the middle of the road.I started the car up and took off like nothing ever happened.

My friend who was in the car with me did not say a word and he infact thought that i had pulled a stunt on the highway i guess my calmness saved my sorry a$$ today.I do beleive i may have bust my CV joint or thrown the front off alignment because the car is making some noise as i take turns and the steering wheel vibrates at speed event though i impacted nothing.Those ladies and gentlemen are the consequences of my foolishness
Old 11-25-2001, 02:05 PM

Originally posted by medicsonic
You owe someone your life. Be thankful.
Exactly.

This is one reason why i dont speed when its wet. I have nothign to prove to anyone on the highway. Treasure life.
Old 11-25-2001, 02:24 PM
I'm needing a caw

Jeff puts key in lock and turns. What's done is done. I think he knows 130mph is not the greatest idea so that's that. Don't start another thread about it please. Let it just die. Thanks.