General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Great Phone Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009 | 01:36 PM

Great Phone Mounts

I found a company doing some research online the company is Arkon and at the moment I have their mount for my iPhone 3G in my 09' Maxima. I gotta say I love it and for $20 its a steal. They have mounts for just about evrything and their prices are very fair.

Here are some pix of the mount that I have in my car:

Old 06-11-2009 | 01:38 PM

Here are a few more pix:

Old 06-11-2009 | 03:47 PM

It just sticks to any surface? I want one for my itouch.
Old 06-11-2009 | 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by a33i30
It just sticks to any surface? I want one for my itouch.
Ya you can either stick it to the surface or you can stick and screw it into where ever you want to mount it. To me the adhesive that is already on the mount is strong enough. Just make sure the area your applying to is cleaned and put pressure on the pice when applying and hold for like 1 min or so and just let it go. Don't use it for the rest of the day and you should be good to go the next day.
Old 06-24-2009 | 01:29 PM

Nice.. hope it holds long term. I tried to mount my GPS that way and whatever the secret is I certainly missed it.
Old 06-29-2009 | 12:59 PM

It sticks like glue? I don't think I want a permanent thing like that in my car.

Does it have the suction like the portable gps systems on the windshield or do you stick it permanently. If the glue is strong, means if you try to take it off, it might leave some marks. I don't like that.

Clarify me on if is suction or permanent. I like suction, but don't like permanent.
Old 06-30-2009 | 09:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Yea I bought a used maxima and the previous owner had their ez pass on the dash .. and the adhesive left a nasty mark.. so you can remove it w/o leaving a mark then im def going for it =]
Old 06-30-2009 | 10:08 PM

umm. I would just use... VELCRO? cleans up pretty easy IMHO.

I can see though that its angled for the correct position for the driver.. +1
Old 06-30-2009 | 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by PetitFrereMaxima
It sticks like glue? I don't think I want a permanent thing like that in my car.

Does it have the suction like the portable gps systems on the windshield or do you stick it permanently. If the glue is strong, means if you try to take it off, it might leave some marks. I don't like that.

Clarify me on if is suction or permanent. I like suction, but don't like permanent.
Originally Posted by ahhbeemo
Yea I bought a used maxima and the previous owner had their ez pass on the dash .. and the adhesive left a nasty mark.. so you can remove it w/o leaving a mark then im def going for it =]
This company does have mounts that can be used on the windshield or in the cup holder. The one that I have pictured is a semi permeant mount. By semi permeant I mean that a 3M adhesive pad is holding the mount to my center counsel; now if you want permeant they do proved screws to do so but you don't. As for leaving a mess behind yes this will if you put it on your dashboard or anything that have grows in it. As you can see in the picture above I have mine on the flat plastic piece on my center counsels and if I plan on removing it it will be an easy clean. I still have resudue from my old mount that I had i'll take a before and after pic as soon as I have time to get it off and show you how easy it is.

Originally Posted by gxe2se
umm. I would just use... VELCRO? cleans up pretty easy IMHO.

I can see though that its angled for the correct position for the driver.. +1
Velcro woulden't hold it in place as well unless your talking about just holding down the phone or w.e.

thanx ya I wanted something close to me so that I didn't have to reach for it when I was driving.
Old 07-05-2009 | 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
I found a company doing some research online the company is Arkon and at the moment I have their mount for my iPhone 3G in my 09' Maxima. I gotta say I love it and for $20 its a steal. They have mounts for just about evrything and their prices are very fair.

Here are some pix of the mount that I have in my car:

Seems like a bad place to mount the phone, don't you hit it when messing with the shifter?

I want a Kuda type mount but they won't make one for a 7th Gen due to lack of interest from previous year Maximas..