General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

windows mysteriously rolled down

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2001, 11:56 PM

windows mysteriously rolled down

I dont know if it was me that accidentally rolled them down or not but Im pretty shure I didnt. anyways, I had to park the car outside for 1 night and I made shure everything was locked and windows rolled up. went to the car in the morning and noticed that the front windows were rolled all the way down while the car was still locked. im pretty shure it wasnt me who accidentally rolled them down and it couldnt be from someone using the other key FOB.

does anyone have a similar thing happen to them? I also heard that some people experienced trunks popping open by "phantoms" too
Old 11-30-2001, 11:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: windows mysteriously rolled down

Originally posted by Nismo
I dont know if it was me that accidentally rolled them down or not but Im pretty shure I didnt. anyways, I had to park the car outside for 1 night and I made shure everything was locked and windows rolled up. went to the car in the morning and noticed that the front windows were rolled all the way down while the car was still locked. im pretty shure it wasnt me who accidentally rolled them down and it couldnt be from someone using the other key FOB.

does anyone have a similar thing happen to them? I also heard that some people experienced trunks popping open by "phantoms" too
You probably just hit your remot by accident.
Old 12-01-2001, 12:05 AM
SLOW

Have you ever seen the movie Poltergeist?
Old 12-01-2001, 12:31 AM

happens to me all the time, accidently hit keychain when its in my pocket.
Old 12-01-2001, 12:32 AM

That happened to my friend's X5... was absolutly sure he had all his windows up before he went into the movies because it was brand spanking new. Then when we came out, all the windows were down.

Luckily security noticed it and kept an eye on it while we were in the theater... but to this day, don't know how it happened.
Old 12-01-2001, 03:56 AM

when that happens its cause my dumb azz laid on the keys or somethin
Old 12-01-2001, 04:49 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

carrie
Old 12-01-2001, 06:16 AM
Administrator

it has to do with the direct proportion of the earth and the longitude and latitude of the car at that particular time.. if the electrosonic gama rays pulse from the 4th Galaxy at that time.. it will cause your windows to roll down ..

or you may have accidentally pushed the button on your key chain
Old 12-01-2001, 07:07 AM

It happened to me yesterday, I am almost positive I accidently hit the button on my remote.
Old 12-01-2001, 07:35 AM

It happened to me yesterday, I am almost positive I accidently hit the button on my remote.
Old 12-01-2001, 09:07 AM

Rolled all the way down.. hm... that means you would have to be holding the unlock button for at least a few seconds..
Old 12-01-2001, 09:28 AM

Stupid feature where you hold the unlock too long the windows come down. Very annonying.! When you wake up and u go see ur car and it has rained.. man :=(
Old 12-01-2001, 11:34 AM

i know how you feel!!! That sucks, yea its the option on the remote, but you say" I know i didnt press it?" Just be careful and hope no one messes with your car!
Old 12-01-2001, 11:32 PM

must be the gas prices
Old 12-01-2001, 11:56 PM

Maybe you just cut a big one, and your car decided it had to breath, so it rolled the windows.

You must have had hit the remote by accident and you didn't know it. I did on numerous occassion when I was working on my car. Somehow I must have had hit the remote in my pocket by nudging on my car somewhere for a few seconds, and the windows would roll down. And yes, the fronts were all the way down. I also swore that I didn't hit the button, but sometimes a little thing like this could easily slip pass you. So, hope that's the case for you.
Old 12-02-2001, 06:21 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Originally posted by SprintMax
it has to do with the direct proportion of the earth and the longitude and latitude of the car at that particular time.. if the electrosonic gama rays pulse from the 4th Galaxy at that time.. it will cause your windows to roll down ..
Hummm interesting, my longitude / latitude must be slightly off because my car always locks itself.

Or perhaps the remote in my poocket....... NAAAAAAAAA couldn't be that simple