General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Need touch-up paint for stock SE rim??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 04:04 PM

Need touch-up paint for stock SE rim??

Today I was driving west on Steeles infront of Pacific Mall and was turning left to go south on Kennedy when this lady in a Corolla made a right turn from Steeles east and nearly smashed right into me!! To avoid her I had to turn sharply to the left and I scrapped the curb. What ****ed me off was that when I honked at her she kept on going and she and 2 other ladies in the car were all laughing like it was a joke. I was sooo mad because I just bought new tires last week so I chased her down and gave her a piece of my mind which scared the shiiit out of them

Luckily she did not hit me but a small part of my front rim is scratched up. Is there any paint I can get that will match the stock silver clearcoat on my '99 SE rims?? I would appreciate any suggestions!

Nathan
Old 12-07-2001, 06:02 PM

there are rim repair places that can re-coat it for you. it might cost you around $100 though.
Old 12-07-2001, 07:11 PM

Re: Need touch-up paint for stock SE rim??

Originally posted by Nathan
Today I was driving west on Steeles infront of Pacific Mall and was turning left to go south on Kennedy when this lady in a Corolla made a right turn from Steeles east and nearly smashed right into me!! To avoid her I had to turn sharply to the left and I scrapped the curb. What ****ed me off was that when I honked at her she kept on going and she and 2 other ladies in the car were all laughing like it was a joke. I was sooo mad because I just bought new tires last week so I chased her down and gave her a piece of my mind which scared the shiiit out of them

Luckily she did not hit me but a small part of my front rim is scratched up. Is there any paint I can get that will match the stock silver clearcoat on my '99 SE rims?? I would appreciate any suggestions!

Nathan
that's why you don't take your Maxima to Pacific Mall or the near-by area! No one can drive there...All the nice cars are there though. Once I watched this guy take a good 10mins to reverse park!!
Old 12-09-2001, 04:02 PM

Dupli-color has a touch-up paint for wheels, i've seen it, check your local car parts store, try the dealer too they may have it.