General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

ok, So you like Nissan, You like your gen, but what do u hate that nissan could fix?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 07:06 AM
dot dot dot ...

No 5AT for 02/3.

Potenzas, really?
Old 04-15-2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by dr_rabias
why did you join? to cry because your dad gave you his car, and you wanted a g35, but since you are a lazy a$$ ****, you rather drive it, than working and getting yourself one?

man seriously, i ask myself why people mod hondas?
they are fwd, 4 cyl, UGLY A$$ cars, and even after all the fart cans, stickers, and tow hooks, they are slow as $hit.

My maxima it's bone stock, sounds really nice, it's sooooo comfortable, i can hear myself talking while inside of the car, cops don't bother me because i'm a "streer RICER" and yet, i can beat the crap out of a honduh....

now if you want to talk about speed, well, that's what i also have a 300zx Twin Turbo, a 20 y/o car that even stock for stock, leaves the 350z and g35 eating dust behind me.

f@*%ing moron...

oh back on topic...
at least on my maxima, i have yet to find something i don't like about it, even tho i'm having issues with the ignition, i understand it's 14 y/o car, and that stuff breaks and all that.
i haven't worked with the engine that much, but for what i've seen, it's fairly easy to get around. i replaced my halfshaft and it was easy as pie (without mentioning the fact that i didn't know you had to remove the 3 bolts holding it, i thought they were part of the shaft, and i pulled like crazy for a good 30 min lol)
yuu must know very little about cars. a stock 300zx twin turbo will not beat a stock 350z if you have the same driver and can drive both cars to their full potential.

i'm waiting for your response so i can prove you wrong.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Fakeluxury
yuu must know very little about cars. a stock 300zx twin turbo will not beat a stock 350z if you have the same driver and can drive both cars to their full potential.

i'm waiting for your response so i can prove you wrong.
A stock 350z is NOT that fast. Maybe a 13.5 second car at best with a good driver.

A 300zx twin turbo would at least match that. It would definitely lay waste to a '03-'04 350z, especially considering they only came with 280 HP compared to the 305 HP their '05 up counterparts came with.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:46 AM

Maxima =

Old 04-15-2010, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by SLCPunk267
A stock 350z is NOT that fast. Maybe a 13.5 second car at best with a good driver.

A 300zx twin turbo would at least match that. It would definitely lay waste to a '03-'04 350z, especially considering they only came with 280 HP compared to the 305 HP their '05 up counterparts came with.
i didn't say it was fast, i said it was faster than a 300zx. if you looked on the first page, i actually called g35.350z slow, just like maximas.

03-04 will run a 13.6 and the 07-08 will run a 13.3

now go find me times for the 300zx. the owner of the biggest 300zx forum even stated himself. You guys can email him for a confirmation of what i've said.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:14 AM

You guys can email him for a confirmation of what i've said.

Lol.....yeaaaaah.

Why are you driving a car you hate?
Old 04-15-2010, 09:20 AM

well this car is not bad. i can fit a lot of groceries in it, go do at least three baskets of laundry, i drive on bad roads because it sits so high stock, i can go fast and no one pays attention because it's ugly. It has good upsides but too many downsides. I will use this car until i can buy a nice car.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:25 AM

well this car is not bad. i can fit a lot of groceries in it, go do at least three baskets of laundry, i drive on bad roads because it sits so high stock, i can go fast and no one pays attention because it's ugly. It has good upsides but too many downsides. I will use this car until i can buy a nice car.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:39 AM

I don't know where you live. A lot of girls around here actually like the Maxima.

Go find some more interesting ways to waste your time. Like driving an ice pick under your toenail.

Here. Watch this from 5:25 to the end.

The 350z is not faster. Even with the track package that they raced in the video.

The 300zx still managed to win, even with a bad start off the line.

Last edited by Mr. Brett; 04-15-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:45 AM

I will use this car until i can buy a nice car.
Better get another paper route.

Did you tell Mummy that you don't like it?
Old 04-15-2010, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by SteveB123
Better get another paper route.

Did you tell Mummy that you don't like it?
He's probably mad that daddy wouldn't buy him a Subaru WRX as his first car.

I was just happy to get a car when I turned 16.

I'm curious to see what these "nice" cars he wants to buy are.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:52 AM

I wish Nissan would use better and more reliable manual transmissions in their cars. Also, the 7th should have a 6MT.

P.S - Don't feed the troll.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:52 AM

Reeled him in nicely, even in a 1/5th of mile race!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by balkan
I wish Nissan would use better and more reliable manual transmissions in their cars. Also, the 7th should have a 6MT.

P.S - Don't feed the troll.
It's fun, though. Not much ever goes on in this section of the forum, anyway.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:01 AM
dot dot dot ...

It's fun, though. Not much ever goes on in this section of the forum, anyway.
None of the sections anymore really.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:40 PM

the 4th gen should have had a 5 speed auto. I hate the fact that when Im doing 70-80 on the interstate Im going close to 3K
Old 04-15-2010, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
the 4th gen should have had a 5 speed auto. I hate the fact that when Im doing 70-80 on the interstate Im going close to 3K
I agree!
Old 04-15-2010, 02:05 PM

well this car is not bad. i can fit a lot of groceries in it, go do at least three baskets of laundry, i drive on bad roads because it sits so high stock, i can go fast and no one pays attention because i drive like a douche bag. It has good upsides but a few downsides. I will use this car until i can buy a 93 Civic Hatch to chop off the exhaust put it on blocks and rev the **** out of it.

Fixed
Old 04-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

haha the reason fakeluxury is hating on his own car is bcs he drove my E92 M3. He told me about this site and we just laughed at how some of you guys mod your 95-03 maximas with Z/G stock wheels and all that DIY junk and then think your car is cool.
Why doesn't he buy another car? Bcs the maxima is his DD and i wont even mention what his other car is. Yes we're douchebags and yes we're still in high school. Our parents did buy our cars in case you were wondering, but we do know what we're talking about when it comes to cars.

Originally Posted by chrome91
i wouldnt say no if a G37 got offered to me, but again do you know how many young people have G35, G37, and BMW? they all act like dbags too in them
For every G35/37 i see on the road i see 10 maximas

Originally Posted by FrankA33
LOL, at least I like my car. Mostly because I obviously know more than you do about your own car, and also the fact that I bought it with my money, not given down.
Which makes you a crybaby. You are given something, and you don't appreciate.
Honestly, STFU.
If you only knew what his other car is lol
Originally Posted by FrankA33
you have no knowledge whatsoever of the origins of your car. Go in the vendor section. seriously man. you are a *****.
What is there to know? Its a maxima its too ****ty to be considered a luxury car and too ****ty to be considered a performance car. Its like the camry of nissan

Originally Posted by chrome91
ever heard of MaximaGirl? she was in TV segments and IIRC here Maximas were featured in magazines as well.

and ever heard of JoeBoost? 1989 Maxima with a VG30E-T engine making 380hp and 393tq IIRC, widely known because he started by getting sponsored and shown in magazines and started building up the turbo and other crazy stuff with JimWolfTechnology parts himself when everyone else told him what he was doing was near impossible and the chances he would fail were so strong he should quit. Big E Dog as well has a twin turbo 2nd gen, first to go TT. not in magazines because that guy is beyond modest.

and ever heard of NWP engineering? fastest NA Maxima, 3rd gen with a VQ35 running 12's in the quarter mile.

and your idea of saving money for a better platform car is your decision, i have enough money saved towards my 3rd gen to buy a GTS-T Skyline but again, would rather build the 3rd gen. i could go out to the Nissan junkyard by me and probably find a R32 GTR with a blown engine and get it for less than a grand, but again, that will happen later
A fast maxima...WOW
Originally Posted by MoncefA33
Bet my Maxima is faster than yours.
Maxima
Originally Posted by dr_rabias
why did you join? to cry because your dad gave you his car, and you wanted a g35, but since you are a lazy a$$ ****, you rather drive it, than working and getting yourself one?

man seriously, i ask myself why people mod hondas?
they are fwd, 4 cyl, UGLY A$$ cars, and even after all the fart cans, stickers, and tow hooks, they are slow as $hit.

My maxima it's bone stock, sounds really nice, it's sooooo comfortable, i can hear myself talking while inside of the car, cops don't bother me because i'm a "streer RICER" and yet, i can beat the crap out of a honduh....

now if you want to talk about speed, well, that's what i also have a 300zx Twin Turbo, a 20 y/o car that even stock for stock, leaves the 350z and g35 eating dust behind me.

f@*%ing moron...

oh back on topic...
at least on my maxima, i have yet to find something i don't like about it, even tho i'm having issues with the ignition, i understand it's 14 y/o car, and that stuff breaks and all that.
i haven't worked with the engine that much, but for what i've seen, it's fairly easy to get around. i replaced my halfshaft and it was easy as pie (without mentioning the fact that i didn't know you had to remove the 3 bolts holding it, i thought they were part of the shaft, and i pulled like crazy for a good 30 min lol)
We're not hating on a ZX, were hating on hand me down maximas that people mod.
Originally Posted by SteveB123
It is entirely your choice what car you drive. Did Mummy force you to take it?

Why don't you go buy a G37 then, kid, instead of whining?
His other car is actually better than a G37

Fastest STOCK DE 350z ran 13.6. Fastest STOCK HR 350z ran 13.1
I don't know where you live. A lot of girls around here actually like the Maxima.

Go find some more interesting ways to waste your time. Like driving an ice pick under your toenail.

The 350z is not faster. Even with the track package that they raced in the video.

Thats vs a DE 350z. Those usually run mid-high 13s. An HR 350z runs low 13s with the fastest time of 13.1 STOCK.

Case in point, you never see anyone wanting a maxima. Yet most guys here go far and beyond by getting stock wheels from cars with much better platform and thinking its cool.

Last edited by M3>You; 04-15-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

This is a pic of a Maxima meet. To you die hard maxima guys this looks cool. But to me and other guys with real cars this is something i see everyday at my local grocery store parking lot.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

i don't believe in polishing a turd. Money spent could of been saved up for a car that has a better platform in every area.

when is the last time you've seen a maxima in a magazine? no features at all. You will be lucky to see it in the "reader's rides" portion. No maxima winning any type of race events. You can have the fastest maxima and no one would care. So i don't see where you can say you rather make maxima into something great.
No one would care? In the end, it's what you like, not what others think you should have.

Like Chrome said. There are tons of Maximas in magazines. They are not a dime a dozen like Zs/Gs/240s/GTRs because the latter are more popular.

I personally like to be different. This is why a chose a 4DSC.
If I wanted to ride the bandwagon, I would definetely own something different.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:22 PM

Old 04-15-2010, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by M3>You
yes we're still in high school. Our parents did buy our cars in case you were wondering,
So you think because you know about cars you're better than us? Mommy and daddy STILL bought your cars.

Go be trustfund babies somewhere else.

If you only knew what his other car is lol
Still a car his daddy bought. What happens when daddy cuts you off? You gonna be able to support yourself? I bet you wouldn't know what manual labor was if it hit you in the face.

Fastest STOCK DE 350z ran 13.6. Fastest STOCK HR 350z ran 13.1

Thats vs a DE 350z. Those usually run mid-high 13s. An HR 350z runs low 13s with the fastest time of 13.1 STOCK.

Case in point, you never see anyone wanting a maxima. Yet most guys here go far and beyond by getting stock wheels from cars with much better platform and thinking its cool.
If you'd read back through a bit, you'd notice I mentioned something about the differences between the DE and the HR. Read up before you bash.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by rroderiques77
This. If I wanted to hop on the bandwagon, I'd own a WRX STi. However, I'm happy being the odd man out.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

This. If I wanted to hop on the bandwagon, I'd own a WRX STi. However, I'm happy being the odd man out.
Touche.

That's all I see anymore here in Vegas.
You should see the drag strip here: Zs, Gs, Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, Hondas, EVOs, etc. The regular boring ****.
I'm the only Maxima there. Call it a grocery getter. I call it unique.

NORMAL is boring.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by rroderiques77
No one would care? In the end, it's what you like, not what others think you should have.

Like Chrome said. There are tons of Maximas in magazines. They are not a dime a dozen like Zs/Gs/240s/GTRs because the latter are more popular.

Nobody wants a Maxima and thats why they're never in magazines. The reason you never see a camry in a magazine is the same reason you never see a maxima in magazines

So you think because you know about cars you're better than us? Mommy and daddy STILL bought your cars.

LMAO im just having fun, end of the day im half your age and driving a car with tires worth more than your car

Still a car his daddy bought. What happens when daddy cuts you off? You gonna be able to support yourself? I bet you wouldn't know what manual labor was if it hit you in the face.

Im proud mommy and daddy bought my car, less work for me. Cut me off? If i ever needed a job ill get one in a heart beat. I know people outside mommy and daddy

If you'd read back through a bit, you'd notice I mentioned something about the differences between the DE and the HR. Read up before you bash.

Bcs I dont care, 350z/G35s do nothing for me anyway. But at least i can consider them real cars. Only reason someone in the car scene will talk about maximas is bcs they have the same motor as Zs and Gs. Anyway you guys are just a bunch of whiny babies with hand me down maximas "tricked out" with G/Z wheels and $30 lowering springs.

Last edited by M3>You; 04-15-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:42 PM

Ah ok, so you're little rich kids, in other words, spoiled brats.
M3>dust, you sound like that stupid kid with the Viper in Fast and furious tokyo drift. Wow, you can read the brochure. HAHAHA.
Well then. On the behalf of the people in this forum, i'm gonna be nice for once with both of you . Be polite and respect other people's choices. If not, PLEASE, get the f*ck off the forum.
Anyways, admins will see your attitude and you if you keep that sh*t up....
Do us a favor WackLuxury, get the info you need to fix your car. And sell to someone. Better yet. you're rich right. Give it away for a couple hundred bucks to someone on the forum. It's not worth anything in your mind anyways. Right ?

Old 04-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I just came in to defend my friend, he was just voicing his opinon. And maybe he was being somewhat of a troll but thats his opinion as a maxima owner. Then other maxima losers come in to defend their precious little hand me downs and bad mouths him.

anyway im done, you guys have fun with your painted Z/G wheels and cheapo DIY mods. Later
Old 04-15-2010, 02:50 PM

LMAO im just having fun, end of the day im half your age and driving a car with tires worth more than your car
It's not about how much the car's worth. I don't give a rat's *** what your car or its tires are worth. I know I'm happy with my Maxima, and that's that.

Im proud mommy and daddy bought my car, less work for me. Cut me off? If i ever needed a job ill get one in a heart beat. I know people outside mommy and daddy
You sound like you have a real promising future in store.

Here's something for you to try: Go out and try and pick up a girl. When she comments on your car, let your response be, "Thanks. Daddy bought it for me." See what she says. If she even stays around after that.

Bcs I dont care, 350z/G35s do nothing for me anyway. But at least i can consider them real cars. Only reason someone in the car scene will talk about maximas is bcs they have the same motor as Zs and Gs. Anyway you guys are just a bunch of whiny babies with hand me down maximas "tricked out" with G/Z wheels and $30 lowering springs.
Whiney babies, hardly. Guys that have worked hard with what we've got to get something we're proud of? Yes.

I know for a fact that I'm way more proud of the work I've done on my Maxima than I'm sure you are of your M3. Something given to you is never as highly valued as something you spend your own money on. Proven fact.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:03 PM

Theres no reason to even sit here and try to argue with these guys. They came to the org to look for info from all of us whiny babies, makes sense i guess.
Most of us on here worked hard on our cars and that is all that really matters, whether i have a max or a lambo. So i could really care less what these kids say about maximas
Old 04-15-2010, 03:10 PM

He can have his M3.

At least I know my car is easier to maintain and that I can actually repair it myself without having to go to BMW and get an overpriced BMW part.

My Nissan will probably outlive his M3, too. My buddy's M3 disintegrated after 130k.

Oh, and let's not forget BMW mounting the oil filters on the top of the engine on late model Ms, so that you HAVE to go to BMW to get your oil changed.

Great company, let me tell you what.

I just have to laugh. This kid will probably pile-drive daddy's car into the wall, and end up in a yugo because he doesn't want to work.

Last edited by Mr. Brett; 04-15-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:26 PM

lol, are you basing your reasons off of topgear...? hahahah, you are retarded. Let's look at real quarter mile times. from start to finish. which car is faster? I dare you to go do some research and post back here.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:28 PM

Nobody wants a Maxima and thats why they're never in magazines. The reason you never see a camry in a magazine is the same reason you never see a maxima in magazines

Tell ya what you fracking brat - go away - as most of us DIDN'T get our cars handed to us - WE choose to buy them.

As for your 'other' car being worth more than mine - so what?

The Maxima is a unique car - I don't see tons of them around (at least not where I live/work/drive daily) - The ones that I do see, most are stock with tint, a few have aftermarket rims, and 3 of them are very modded...

Sell the Maxima to someone that will appreciate it.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:34 PM

NEWS FLASH!!!!

you can buy a "different" and "unique" car for under 3k. It's called the MAXIMA!

Let's be unique. buy ugly clothes, instead of nice clothes, eat bad tasting food instead of good food, live in ****ty houses because nice houses are too normal. UNIQUE!!!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

This thread is popular...
Old 04-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

NEWS FLASH!!!!

you can buy a "different" and "unique" car for under 3k. It's called the MAXIMA!

Let's be unique. buy ugly clothes, instead of nice clothes, eat bad tasting food instead of good food, live in ****ty houses because nice houses are too normal. UNIQUE!!!!!
You are a tool.

The fun of it is in the modding of the thing. Not for what it is.

Time for you to pull you *** out of your head and exit...
Old 04-15-2010, 03:39 PM

someone post pics of the nicest maxima on here. i want to see what it looks like.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:40 PM
dot dot dot ...

Old 04-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

LOL at the dude that called his maxima "unique"
Old 04-15-2010, 03:42 PM

I dare you to go do some research and post back here.

You DARE him? What are you in high scho....oh, right.

Don't you mean, research that will back your conclusion?

If the data doesn't match the conclusion, you don't change the data, you change the conclusion, high school boy.

Quick Reply: ok, So you like Nissan, You like your gen, but what do u hate that nissan could fix?