General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

UT OH!! FIVE-OH!! Got pulled over....

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2000, 06:01 PM
My 4DSC

Was on my way to go pick up some ink for my printer...doin' about 60mph in a 40mph zone...just 1 mile up the road from my house... I see one of those Police Trucks with the radar gun & screen on it that shows you how fast your going... so i slow down a little bit to about 55mph...I come around a blind turn and BANG! Five-Oh sitting on the side of the road!! He immediately pulls me over & asks for my papers... so i give it to him (with my PBA card of course) and he just tells me to slow down and he lets me go!

I was shocked he didnt give me a ticket because I still had my racing number and ET written all over my windows from the Survival Series event @ Etown on Sunday!!

Old 11-07-2000, 06:03 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

similar thing happened to me after my runs in october...the next day me and my buddy were racing (he drives a v6 auto rustang) and the cop pulled him over...he saw my numbers but told my buddy he heard him... he actually heard my CAI roaring...
Old 11-07-2000, 11:40 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

Whats a PBA card?

Originally posted by Chris91SE

similar thing happened to me after my runs in october...the next day me and my buddy were racing (he drives a v6 auto rustang) and the cop pulled him over...he saw my numbers but told my buddy he heard him... he actually heard my CAI roaring...
Old 11-08-2000, 02:15 AM

Power Beerdrinkers Annonymus?

Originally posted by Chebosto
Whats a PBA card?

Old 11-08-2000, 04:14 AM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

Patrolmen's Benevolent Association

Old 11-08-2000, 06:25 AM
Meth101

Hehe you got lucky, heres a scenario where I got lucky too. Im in Orlando, and I go to University of Central Fl, its about 11:30AM had a long day and was finishing some work at school. Well I was heading home and usually at school its like a 20mph zone with like a million stop signs everywhere. I figured hey its late theres probably no cops around so I run two stop signs going about 45mph all of a sudden I see blinking lights, I was like oh ****, Im going to get my butt reamed by this cop. He goes by the usual routine and then he just tells me to go slower and don't do it again. =) Boy was I lucky....

-Meth

Originally posted by My 4DSC

Was on my way to go pick up some ink for my printer...doin' about 60mph in a 40mph zone...just 1 mile up the road from my house... I see one of those Police Trucks with the radar gun & screen on it that shows you how fast your going... so i slow down a little bit to about 55mph...I come around a blind turn and BANG! Five-Oh sitting on the side of the road!! He immediately pulls me over & asks for my papers... so i give it to him (with my PBA card of course) and he just tells me to slow down and he lets me go!

I was shocked he didnt give me a ticket because I still had my racing number and ET written all over my windows from the Survival Series event @ Etown on Sunday!!

Old 11-08-2000, 07:06 AM

Stupid cops! They are everywhere... they are like stink on $hit. Next time you get pulled over adn the ociffer asks you why you got pulled over... tell him b/c he thinks you have donuts in the car! MY4DSC... you have a lead foot... you must think your at the track everytime you drive, j/k.
Old 11-08-2000, 10:39 AM
My 4DSC

its not that i have a "lead foot"...

its just that i have a size 16 foot...and its kinda heavy.

Old 11-08-2000, 11:01 AM

LOL! Good one Doug.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by doug
[I]he saw your numbers were 16's and didn't even worry about it

Old 11-08-2000, 11:16 AM
krell

Valentine One

Buy it, use it, love it. It's saved my *** too many times to count.

The only complaint I've ever had about it was an ex-gf of mine who borrowed it once and got a ticket. Of course, it was an airplane using a stopwatch. I'm like "Uh, it's a detector. It doesn't come with a Stinger missle accesory pack to take out pesky airplane cops!"

Don't mess with the cheap detectors, there more of an annoyance than a help from what I've seen.

Old 11-08-2000, 11:34 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

4DSC

you gotta get some better pics of those rims, I want to know what they *really* look like.
Old 11-08-2000, 12:00 PM

Re: 4DSC

Hey my 4DSC...i have a heavy foot too...difference is i'm a big guy also...size 18 foot...6 ft 7...280 lbs..Defensive End on my High School Football Team (Yes, I'm only 18!) We have been the state champions for the past 2 years and will be playing again in two weeks for the state title (Nebraska)

My car (when i take the subs and amps out) I ran 13.99 @ 95.2mph at our "local" strip 100 miles west of Omaha. I say local because that's the nearest strip from West Omaha (where I live)...When I go sometime this month, (possibly later depending on the snow) I will post pictures of the time...
Old 11-08-2000, 12:18 PM

size 16 and 18 huh?

not that i got u beat or anything... but i have 15 wide.... im not even that tall only 5'11"....but im like 300 pounds.. im a big 17 yr old.. I played D-Tackle and Nose guard for my team..and we have gone to the super bowl twice... we r goin this year too..but i couldnt play--on account of arthritis in most of my joints....yea i know 17 yr old kid with arthritis? it happens.... i also have lots if white hair...im gonna dye it soon.... yea i think im aging faster than everyone
Old 11-08-2000, 02:52 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by doug
he saw your numbers were 16's and didn't even worry about it

you just wait tought guy....
Old 11-08-2000, 05:43 PM
My 4DSC

Re: size 16 and 18 huh?

Originally posted by MaxedOut
not that i got u beat or anything... but i have 15 wide.... im not even that tall only 5'11"....but im like 300 pounds.. im a big 17 yr old.. I played D-Tackle and Nose guard for my team..and we have gone to the super bowl twice... we r goin this year too..but i couldnt play--on account of arthritis in most of my joints....yea i know 17 yr old kid with arthritis? it happens.... i also have lots if white hair...im gonna dye it soon.... yea i think im aging faster than everyone
yup...same problem here...i guess being our size puts alotta stress on our bodies...LOL...I'm 6'6" 300lbs...I can imagine how doofy you look being only 5'11" with a size 15..hahaha...j/k you may pass me though cuz when i was 17 i was only 6'4" and wore a 15...I think I'm still growing! unfortunately in width..LOL.