General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

got my RSB....now which FSTB to get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001, 04:18 AM

got my RSB....now which FSTB to get?

I already tried searching but didn't really find what I'm looking for. I got my RSB on and the FSTB is next on my mod-plan. Just wanted to know which FSTB is the best one out there. I know there is a cheap one that custom maxima sells, and a "heavy duty" one. I was leaning towards the Stillen one, is there anything better out or it doesn't really make a difference? Is the heavy duty bar that custommaxima sells better than the Stillen or the same? I don't really care about cost, just want to get the best there is. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 12-17-2001, 08:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

They all work the same.

The only differences are looks and price.
Old 12-17-2001, 09:06 AM

Originally posted by clee130
They all work the same.

The only differences are looks and price.
And the little detail of what one will fit on a 2002.

Stereodude
Old 12-17-2001, 09:09 AM

Doh ... sorry, don't know about fitment issues for the 2k2.

Maybe you could try calling up the big two: Cattman and Stillen, and see what they say.

Originally posted by Stereodude

And the little detail of what one will fit on a 2002.

Stereodude
Old 12-17-2001, 09:24 AM

If you want looks get the stillen
If you don't care, then get the courtesy

Becareful of the really cheap ones, they're cheap for a reason.
Old 12-17-2001, 09:48 AM

stillen FSTB

Stillen looks NICE and fits right. If you don't mind paying more for a good product then go with Stillen. Most of the FSTB works about the same.
Old 12-17-2001, 09:54 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: stillen FSTB

Do you drive with your hood open so everyone can see your Stillen FSTB? I doubt it. So get the cheapest one and save some money for other mods.
Old 12-17-2001, 10:00 AM

Re: Re: stillen FSTB

Originally posted by AndyXXL
Do you drive with your hood open so everyone can see your Stillen FSTB? I doubt it. So get the cheapest one and save some money for other mods.
True, but if he intends to show his car it could be a nice addition.

I have the stillen, but only cause I got a great deal on it. I used to have the courtesy one, and I never noticed any difference between the two. Actually the courtesy had a nicer fit cause it was raised slightly which gave more clearence.
Old 12-17-2001, 10:03 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: stillen FSTB

Originally posted by breaux124

True, but if he intends to show his car it could be a nice addition.

I have the stillen, but only cause I got a great deal on it. I used to have the courtesy one, and I never noticed any difference between the two. Actually the courtesy had a nicer fit cause it was raised slightly which gave more clearence.
Yes, before I got a fstb I've heard people say that Stillen fstb rests on the AC line. My courtesy fits perfectly.
Old 12-17-2001, 02:23 PM
KCTYPHOON

just a note and im not goining any farther with this cause i know how this bored gets over this question.. most people answering you ( im willing to bet all of them), have only had/have one type of fstb.. if you talk to someone that has had a cheaper one and then upgraded to the stillen they will tell you that they DID notice a difference between the two.. how much? i dunno. worth the money? i duuno.. but they'll tell you they noticed a difference..

Old 12-17-2001, 02:41 PM

Originally posted by KCTYPHOON
just a note and im not goining any farther with this cause i know how this bored gets over this question.. most people answering you ( im willing to bet all of them), have only had/have one type of fstb.. if you talk to someone that has had a cheaper one and then upgraded to the stillen they will tell you that they DID notice a difference between the two.. how much? i dunno. worth the money? i duuno.. but they'll tell you they noticed a difference..
Did you read my post??

I had the courtesy and upgraded to a stillen and DID NOT notice a difference.
Old 12-17-2001, 03:02 PM
KCTYPHOON

Originally posted by breaux124

Did you read my post??

I had the courtesy and upgraded to a stillen and DID NOT notice a difference.
tell you what.. did you do a search?? search the board for every friggin post theres been on this question and somewhere in the cracks you will find people that disagree with that.. thats whay i bought my stillen. the reason people dont speak up about it in here is because is such and easy thread to start flamin on. personally i dont care what you do with it. but there ARE people on here that will tell you they noticed a differnce.. mabye theres a reason you didnt notice. is that the only suspension mod you have? hell theres people on here that say they felt no diffence after they install their first fstb.. bleive whatever you want.. i really dont care, im just repeating what people have said in the past

Old 12-17-2001, 03:14 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

tell you what.. did you do a search?? search the board for every friggin post theres been on this question and somewhere in the cracks you will find people that disagree with that.. thats whay i bought my stillen. the reason people dont speak up about it in here is because is such and easy thread to start flamin on. personally i dont care what you do with it. but there ARE people on here that will tell you they noticed a differnce.. mabye theres a reason you didnt notice. is that the only suspension mod you have? hell theres people on here that say they felt no diffence after they install their first fstb.. bleive whatever you want.. i really dont care, im just repeating what people have said in the past
Please quit being argumentative and try searching yourself before telling other contributing members to or before accusing them of not "upgrading" FSTBs from Courtesy to Stillen. This is the main reason you are not welcome on a board I moderate. This is also why it is locked.

I have used both bars and noticed no difference either except that the Stillen one looks much better. But that is a personal preference. KCTYPHOON, that must make at least 2 members that are wrong.......
Old 12-17-2001, 03:24 PM
I'm needing a caw

Well he could say the same for you too. Did you search for every little post and find the one or two that said they found no difference? Same thing but then again there's that logic thingie getting in the way again.

If you want to say, I'm my experience, I found a difference between the two, that's fine.

If someone else has a different opinion, that's fine too. And up to your post, there was no flaming so I have no idea why you posted this long winded thing anyway.

IMHO. There was such a small difference between having a FSTB and no FSTB at all, noticing a difference between TWO FTSBs would be pretty hard to do. This is my experience w/ 3-gen and stock suspension(at that time)

You seem so bitter, lighten up. Why even post, if you don't enjoy it? It's not like you get paid or even have a moral responsiblity here.

Old 12-17-2001, 03:28 PM

I would like to see examples from your search please. If you can prove through other people's posts that the Stillen does in fact work better, I will go out and buy one myself.

Old 12-18-2001, 03:22 AM

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I think I will go with the Stillen FSTB, I don't mind paying extra for brand name and looks even if it performs the same as the cheaper counterpart . Now can anyone tell me what is a good place to order the Stillen FSTB from? What about Stillen's site? Has anyone ordered stuff from them before, if yes do they ship on time or does it take forever to get your stuff? I want to have it asap. thanks again for the responses.
Old 12-18-2001, 07:31 AM

Originally posted by for sHo
Thanks for all the responses everyone. I think I will go with the Stillen FSTB, I don't mind paying extra for brand name and looks even if it performs the same as the cheaper counterpart . Now can anyone tell me what is a good place to order the Stillen FSTB from? What about Stillen's site? Has anyone ordered stuff from them before, if yes do they ship on time or does it take forever to get your stuff? I want to have it asap. thanks again for the responses.
Try Phoung (aka Gotrice)
www.eatricezone.com
info@EatRiceZone.com

or also,
www.avalonracing.net

I think Phoung will give you a better price.