General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Where online can I find Toyo tires???

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 04:45 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Where online can I find Toyo tires???

Tirerack.com or tires.com don't carry them. I don't know any other sites where there is a good selection for tires.

Anyone know where I can find Toyos? I am more interested in looking up the reviews and ratings of the different tires.

thank you
Old 12-20-2001, 05:32 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Where online can I find Toyo tires???

Try www.discounttire.com
Old 12-20-2001, 07:13 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Re: Where online can I find Toyo tires???

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
Tirerack.com or tires.com don't carry them. I don't know any other sites where there is a good selection for tires.

Anyone know where I can find Toyos? I am more interested in looking up the reviews and ratings of the different tires.

thank you
Your local STS shop carries Toyo

Steve- Toyos?
Old 12-20-2001, 07:51 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Where online can I find Toyo tires???

Originally posted by 97MaxGurl

Steve- Toyos?
He's cheap
Old 12-20-2001, 08:29 AM
SLOW

Re: Re: Re: Where online can I find Toyo tires???

Originally posted by AndyXXL

He's cheap
In case you are interested, Kumhos are cheaper than Toyo FZ-4s, if thats the tire you were interested in. Kumhos are stickier too, an all around superior tire, I've had both. Just don't use either in the snow or you will probably crash and die.
Old 12-20-2001, 03:08 PM

Re: Re: Where online can I find Toyo tires???

Try www.discounttire.com

tires.com IS discounttire.com.. dumba$$

Ange, yes, I said Toyos.
just looking for a good deal on tires and my father gave me this link:
www.bordertire.com they sell dealer take offs with warranty, tires that were basically on cars for less then 500 miles or some are brand new, just taken off the car. They sell tires cheap, but as expected from dealer take offs, they aren't the greatest tires in the world, although there are some which are decent. I'm just trying to find out if some of the Toyos they carry are any good thats all

Andy: I am not cheap.. do you know some top model toyos like T1 or whatever are some of the more expensive tires? If I can save a good 120$ on tires, i can go ahead and order an RSB

I am not looking for a racing tire, just something good for all year round, not too pricey, and something that will last.. Thanks Nealoc, I would have gotten Kumhos if we wouldn't have snow in NYC, (not like we have it now) but in case.. you never know :O)
Old 12-20-2001, 03:21 PM

I am not looking for a racing tire, just something good for all year round, not too pricey, and something that will last.. Thanks Nealoc, I would have gotten Kumhos if we wouldn't have snow in NYC, (not like we have it now) but in case.. you never know :O)
If you're looking for value and overall quality... how about checking out tires from Costco or BJ's? They usually carry a good warranty (treadwear, lifetime balancing, etc), decent name brands like Bridgestone..etc.

Just an idea...
Old 12-20-2001, 03:31 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Re: Re: Re: Re: Where online can I find Toyo tires???

Kumho Supra 712 is a summer only tire so it's not fair comparison to the Toyo FZ-4 which is an all season.

Originally posted by Nealoc187

In case you are interested, Kumhos are cheaper than Toyo FZ-4s, if thats the tire you were interested in. Kumhos are stickier too, an all around superior tire, I've had both. Just don't use either in the snow or you will probably crash and die.
Old 12-20-2001, 03:39 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

My rim supplier carries

them. I dont have any info on them but If you give me the size and type and I can get you a price, that way you can at least get them new, I get a pretty good discount with my buissness account, we also have other brands like brigdestone, Sumitomo, etc..

Jason
XRR Custom Designs
Old 12-20-2001, 03:55 PM

If you're looking for value and overall quality... how about checking out tires from Costco or BJ's? They usually carry a good warranty (treadwear, lifetime balancing, etc), decent name brands like Bridgestone..etc.

Just an idea...
FYI as a reference. The only tire that the Costco closest to where I work carries in 215/55-R16 (97-99 SE rims) is the Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus H rated. I just walked through there yesterday as I dropped off another co-worker who was outfitting a Civic with new treads.
Old 12-20-2001, 04:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where online can I find Toyo tires???

Originally posted by mlocke

FYI as a reference. The only tire that the Costco closest to where I work carries in 215/55-R16 (97-99 SE rims) is the Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus H rated. I just walked through there yesterday as I dropped off another co-worker who was outfitting a Civic with new treads.

Actually, I have already visited my local Costco. I was thinking of putting something beefier on the rims, 225/55/16.. They do not have any in stock at the store, but the guy said he can order them for me. I asked about 215/55/16 as well and they had a decent selection, including those Michelins for like 130$ per tire, also some nice Bridgestones, some goodyears... but all of those tires are just average, some are great but they are priced accordingly. the cheapest tire he had in that size is 107$ for some crappy Goodrich or goodyear tire.
The only reason it may still be somewhat worth it despite the prices being a little higher then you can get them online, is because 1, the install and balancing is free at Costco since u get the tire from them. 2, you save on shipping and hassle.... I still would like a better performing tire, but I don't really want to spend over 100$ per tire. If I do decide to, I will get the Bridgestone potenza RE940s, seems like the best all around tire period.
Old 12-20-2001, 04:14 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where online can I find Toyo tires???

Actually, I have already visited my local Costco. I was thinking of putting something beefier on the rims, 225/55/16.. They do not have any in stock at the store, but the guy said he can order them for me. I asked about 215/55/16 as well and they had a decent selection, including those Michelins for like 130$ per tire, also some nice Bridgestones, some goodyears... but all of those tires are just average, some are great but they are priced accordingly. the cheapest tire he had in that size is 107$ for some crappy Goodrich or goodyear tire.
The only reason it may still be somewhat worth it despite the prices being a little higher then you can get them online, is because 1, the install and balancing is free at Costco since u get the tire from them. 2, you save on shipping and hassle.... I still would like a better performing tire, but I don't really want to spend over 100$ per tire. If I do decide to, I will get the Bridgestone potenza RE940s, seems like the best all around tire period.
Come across to Jersey then!

There's a Costco here right off Exit 2/3 on Rt.287

I'm 10 minutes away
Old 12-20-2001, 04:29 PM

Actually, I have already visited my local Costco. I was thinking of putting something beefier on the rims, 225/55/16.. They do not have any in stock at the store, but the guy said he can order them for me
Didn't know you could have Costco order tire sizes and models they didn't have in stock ... that could come in handy. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2001, 06:54 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where online can I find Toyo tires???

Come across to Jersey then!

There's a Costco here right off Exit 2/3 on Rt.287

I'm 10 minutes away
Angie Martinez..lol, so I would take it that they are a lot cheaper?

hmm, I may just have to do that then.

mlocke, yea, the guy at the desk/counter said they do not carry them however he can order them for me. I would ossume I have to pay a deposit of some sort. Then he took out the catalog and just went through the prices and tires that are available in that size which he can order.

ah well, i might just bite the bullet and spend 400$. Unless this "Costco" in NJ is indeed cheaper and Angie isn't lying, lol.
Old 12-20-2001, 07:11 PM

Re: My rim supplier carries

Originally posted by N34JZ
them. I dont have any info on them but If you give me the size and type and I can get you a price, that way you can at least get them new, I get a pretty good discount with my buissness account, we also have other brands like brigdestone, Sumitomo, etc..

Jason
XRR Custom Designs
how much for sumitomo HTRZII in 225/45/17? 215/50/17? how about kumho supra 712 in the same sizes?
thanks. if you'd like to reply by email, madmax024@aol.com..or you can IM me, beakmoney.
thanks again
-PaT-
Old 12-20-2001, 08:13 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where online can I find Toyo tires???

Angie Martinez..lol, so I would take it that they are a lot cheaper?

hmm, I may just have to do that then.

mlocke, yea, the guy at the desk/counter said they do not carry them however he can order them for me. I would ossume I have to pay a deposit of some sort. Then he took out the catalog and just went through the prices and tires that are available in that size which he can order.

ah well, i might just bite the bullet and spend 400$. Unless this "Costco" in NJ is indeed cheaper and Angie isn't lying, lol.
Call their tire service center up first for inventory/price check before you waste a trip. I have their business card at work.. I'll email it to you Fri. morning.
Old 12-21-2001, 06:29 AM

Steve- you got mail
Old 12-21-2001, 06:44 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Re: My rim supplier carries

Originally posted by MaDMaX024

how much for sumitomo HTRZII in 225/45/17? 215/50/17? how about kumho supra 712 in the same sizes?
thanks. if you'd like to reply by email, madmax024@aol.com..or you can IM me, beakmoney.
thanks again
-PaT-
YGM

Jason Z.
XRR Custom Designs
Old 12-21-2001, 10:00 AM

Steve- you got mail )

thanks! I got your mail
My brother works in Jersey, I'm having him drop by and ask in person I'm too lazy to call
Old 12-21-2001, 10:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I got Potenza RE950s in 225/55/16 for my brothers car for $95 each installed at the local Firestone shop. Not much haggling, just told him that Discount Tire had them for $105 each and he beat the price. They're great tires, I would definitely recommend them.
Old 12-21-2001, 11:48 AM

He's cheap
Man, after driving on them when I bought my car, I would never put them back on my car. The car was scary in the rain.
Old 12-22-2001, 10:31 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where online can I find Toyo tires???

Originally posted by Weasel
I got Potenza RE950s in 225/55/16 for my brothers car for $95 each installed at the local Firestone shop. Not much haggling, just told him that Discount Tire had them for $105 each and he beat the price. They're great tires, I would definitely recommend them.

Ok, my brother was at costco in Jersey yesturday, i am not sure if it's the one Ange told me about though, but the prices are pretty much the same. Even the same tires, BF Goodrich, same michelins, some were like 4$ cheaper, that's all.

Hey weasel.... what size and which kind of tires do you have on your 16's right now??????? how do you like them?

i have a coupon for tires at some local tire place, free alignment and install + balance, 270$ for a set of 4 we'll see if the tires are semi-good..... I need just something that will handle well enough in rain, dry and moderate snow, i am not planning on driving if it snow anyways....
Old 12-22-2001, 10:58 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where online can I find Toyo tires???

Ok, my brother was at costco in Jersey yesturday, i am not sure if it's the one Ange told me about though, but the prices are pretty much the same. Even the same tires, BF Goodrich, same michelins, some were like 4$ cheaper, that's all.

Hey weasel.... what size and which kind of tires do you have on your 16's right now??????? how do you like them?

i have a coupon for tires at some local tire place, free alignment and install + balance, 270$ for a set of 4 we'll see if the tires are semi-good..... I need just something that will handle well enough in rain, dry and moderate snow, i am not planning on driving if it snow anyways....
I have Yokohama A540 VRs in 215/55/16. They're pretty good, but I don't feel that they stick as well as the Potenza 950s. If I were replacing mine today I would get the Potenza RE950 in 215/55/16.
Old 12-22-2001, 07:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where online can I find Toyo tires???

Originally posted by Weasel
I have Yokohama A540 VRs in 215/55/16. They're pretty good, but I don't feel that they stick as well as the Potenza 950s. If I were replacing mine today I would get the Potenza RE950 in 215/55/16.

I see, thanks...

I am still trying to decide what size is best. 225/55/16 will stick out too much and look bubbly, but they handle better.... 225/50/16 handle best, look good only if the car is dropped, which mine is not, but they are also noisier and worse for snow and bumpy for bad roads aand they throw the speedometer off the most.. 215/55/16 is ehh, umm... stock.
I think i'll go with stock size actually....

I went to the tire place with my discount coupon, it was all a load of **** because i drove there for 40 minutes and they were shoving some crappy COOPER tires in my face. I went to Firestone, their cheapest tire was some Firestone tire for 90$, not including balance and installation, Potenza RE940 was 137$ Tire rack sells them for 110$? I rather get it from there and have it installed and balanced at a local shop for 40-55$.

thank you for your feedback and listening to me think out loud
Old 12-22-2001, 09:30 PM

The RE950 gets higher ratings in every category than the RE940, I would go for the RE950. I think theblue has them and mzmtg also. Here's the Tire Rack sites for both.

$104 each for the RE950 in stock size
$150 each for the RE940 in 225/60/16

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/bridgestone/bs_re940.jsp
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/bridgestone/bs_re950.jsp