General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Finally REALLY put the corn to her....

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2001, 03:30 PM

Finally REALLY put the corn to her....

Well tonight after reading DaveB's tips on shifting I decided that coming onto the interstate would be a good time to really test it out. I slowed way down, rolling real slow, and then hit it. I am not sure if my max really likes this cold maine air or what but boy did she jump, I got bucked way back into the seat, revs went way up, shifted to second o so smooth (thanks dave), and she jumped again... not like slamming on the clutch feeling but as soon as i was on it again and in second, the car felt squirly and f!cking flew!!! got up to 80 in no time, the new shift method into third is nice, and fourth is like butter. I was really suprised how much power the max had, i don't normally jam on it like this as she is my baby so perhaps i forgot what it was like but ddaaaammn! Maybe the holiday spirit got inside the cylinders or something.... but I did not expect the car to take off that hard in second. Just thought i would share
Old 12-23-2001, 03:59 PM

I was in a turn off lane that would require me to take the lane to the left in order to stay on the same road. The speed limit is 50 miles and there were nobody in front of me as I approach this red light. After the light I have probable 100m before the turn off.
As I got close to the light, this Intrepid turned into my lane. As the lights turned green we both stepped on it and I chirped my blizzaks. Since I got those snow tires we haven't seen much snow and the roads are quite dry now. Anyways just yakking here... That was the first time that I launched it hard from a stand still.