General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

The Maxima Picture Game Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Decimus Meridias
I have posted before...only have one point (well two now actually), but not completely new to this. I'll go take a pic as soon as the 48hrs. is up, within my 24hrs as stated in the rules.

So by "nOOb" you mean someone that joined the org a month after you did and has three more posts...

Ok seriously, I didn't realize there would be so much whining. I'm half tempted to make the next challenge a maxima stuck in red clay... Anyway, I'll do it if no one gets it and make it more universal this next time. Sorry.
I meant in the game. Sorry man didnt mean to come off as an *******
Old 01-21-2012, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by 2brosgixxer
Your "Jeep with Christmas lights" Challenge was something everyone could do IE: There are Jeeps and Christmas Lights EVERYWHERE. Your new one though is NOT something everyone can do which I think was the intent of the rules. Personally, I don't care cause I am in Maine but in order to keep the game going, it really should be something our friends all over can do, but I guess its up to you.
Quoted/bolded for truth. Please do not limit people by posting climate-specific challenges. I realize circumstances do not allow everyone to be capable of completing any given challenge, but let's try to make it so as many as possible can. By making snow a requirement, you're limiting the challenge to be completed by the northernmost third (if that) of the country's members and those in Canada.

If you want to say, "preferably in the snow," that's fine. But to make it a requirement really defeats the main point of the game which is to encourage as much participation as possible.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Waxima
Quoted/bolded for truth. Please do not limit people by posting climate-specific challenges. I realize circumstances do not allow everyone to be capable of completing any given challenge, but let's try to make it so as many as possible can. By making snow a requirement, you're limiting the challenge to be completed by the northernmost third (if that) of the country's members and those in Canada.
Having a challenge "Your Maxima parked next to a glacier or iceberg in the background" would not be a fair challenge, no more fair than if I did "Your Maxima parked at the beach under a palm tree next to a cabana with the ocean in the background"
Old 01-21-2012, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Waxima

If you want to say, "preferably in the snow," that's fine. But to make it a requirement really defeats the main point of the game which is to encourage as much participation as possible.
Originally Posted by T_Behr904
Having a challenge "Your Maxima parked next to a glacier or iceberg in the background" would not be a fair challenge, no more fair than if I did "Your Maxima parked at the beach under a palm tree next to a cabana with the ocean in the background"
Old 01-22-2012, 09:51 AM

So where are we with the challenge ? How about you make it something like , maxima in the desert ? Lol jk seriously tho , the while snow **** is annoying . We have no snow . Its almost 90 degrees & its still winter
Old 01-22-2012, 09:52 AM

Whole* I'm on mobile & I can't edit ;p
Old 01-22-2012, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Decimus Meridias
as quoted from the rules on the first page "Note: please try to make the requests do-able so that the game can continue."

It isn't a requirement that "everyone" can do them. I realize the snow requirement limits participation to a certain extent, but my last challenge was even more specific and was completed in very little time (max next to a jeep with Christmas lights in the pic). If the challenge can't be completed in two days, then I'll post up my pic and pic something more general.

P.S. This game is awesome! Great idea!
I'm about to go out for a drive. If only we had some snow, i would full fill the challenge. Way to make it geographic and stall the challenge. Christmas lights and a jeep around Christmas time was not hard but would take some driving around to find if you did not know someone that owned a jeep and had Christmas lights up. I am not exactly going to go for a drive several hours away and look for a vehicle with a lift in the snow. So i do not see how this could be a "doable" challenge for myself. I do not come here to just look at the thread. I am here to participate as part of the group. If we can not participate as a group then why even bother. I am glad to see that i am not the only one not happy. The leg that you thought you were standing on when you posted your defense is broken. Do not attempt to stand back on it as it may inflict further injury.

Hopefully you will be as prompt as i was, when i accidentally stalled the thread last week, in full filling your own challenge and all can resume. Difference is that pot holes are in every city. Just maybe not on the streets that you frequent. Ally's are not maintained as well as streets and are more prone to pot holes. I drive down alot of alleys in my profession so i knew exactly where one was. It had been below freezing here prior to the deadline. I was ready to break the ice up with a shovel or fill the pothole up with water from a cooler. But i can not make it snow.

Opinions are like a$$holes. Everyone has one. You just got mine. /nohomo

/rant
Old 01-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Originally Posted by DAlastDON
Opinions are like a$$holes. Everyone has one. You just got mine. /nohomo/rant
Old 01-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Major update coming to Picture Game! Stay tuned!!
Old 01-22-2012, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Gregg
Major update coming to Picture Game! Stay tuned!!
Staying tuned! Wondering what's coming.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:49 PM

Staying tuned! Wondering what's coming.
Probably a score update, i'm sure.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:58 PM

A maxima parked by a glacier or iceburg is a doable challenge, its not impossible plus the OP would have to post pics in 2 days

*weather conditions should not be disqualified, as it is a doable competition. The game can go on
*name of places (e.g applebees, or UPS) should be a no no vs saying a resturant or delivery service... but if the challenge is an iceburg or by the beach then that's what the challenge is, those are doable, if that's out because ppl aren't in those areas then the OP gets the damn point n next challenge... If we rule out weather then tall buildings are ruled out as DC can not have buildings taller than out monument and tats not doable (those thing make the game complicated)... its eitheru ca complete the challenge or not...... I'm sure the OP's live somewhere where other maxima's are located, hence doable
Old 01-22-2012, 04:05 PM

The point of the game is not to post a challenge so you yourself can do it....which is what it looks like you are saying g hustle. the point is to post a challenge OTHERS can do. besides, if you have to complete tour own challenge, you don't get a point, you just don't lose one so you are not gaining anything by making a challenge that no one else can do except slowing the game, which is pretty evident since it has stalled for 2 days after multiple posts within hours of each other.

How can you say weather challenges and icebergs are acceptable, but then say in the next line applebees or UPS are not? I have both here so by your argument, I could complete them thus making them doable. Your argument seems to make no sense.

Last edited by 2brosgixxer; 01-22-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:14 PM

The point of the game is not to post a challenge so you yourself can do it....which is what it looks like you are saying g hustle. the point is to post a challenge OTHERS can do. besides, if you have to complete tour own challenge, you don't get a point, you just don't lose one so you are not gaining anything by making a challenge that no one else can do.

How can you say weather challenges and icebergs are acceptable, but then say in the next line applebees or UPS are not? I have both here so by your argument, I could complete them thus making them doable. Your argument seems to make no sense.
I only use name brand resturant as I wouldn't know the name of a random one only located in one city andfamily owned.....

Weather conditions should be used why not, it snows or is sunny in multiple tates so its doable, again a "red flagged" challenge would be car parked next to niagra falls beside a green jeep cherokee.... that would be dumb.. but using the weather isn't completing ur own challnge, that very doable... I waited almost 15 pgesto complete a challenge.. it is what it is.... and IIRC if 48 hrs pass n no one completes the challenge the OP has to post a pic of his said challnge an he gains a point n move on..... weather is a perfectly fair challenge if not then the post about a maxima beside or close to a 50 story building shoul be denied as there is more than 3 states where you won't find buildins that tall..... I didn't cry about that neither should anybody cry about the weather
Old 01-22-2012, 04:19 PM

Again IIRC this is a creative game and creative challenges were made to make for interesting pictures, not just "a picturof a maxima beside a black car" that's ******* boring... If it doesn't snow, draw a big **** pic of an iceburg and take a pic of you n ur maxima beside it for all I care, that maks the game funny as heck and move on lls (per the OP's approval).... id like to see a creative pic of a mxima by an iceburg "if that is infact the next challenge"

Last edited by Grand_hustle17; 01-22-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:20 PM

Personally I don't see what's wrong with using something like Chili's or Starbucks, since there are thousands of them spread all over the country. If it's a regional restaurant, then yeah I can see that being unfair. Red Robin and Fuddrucker's are good examples since they aren't anywhere around here.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:24 PM

has it been 48 hrs yet?
Old 01-22-2012, 04:34 PM

I believe the not gaining a point thing was mentioned somewhere, but I guess it was not in the rules. Hopefully all these things will be addressed in the update.

If you want go come right down to it everything is doable....TO THE OP. I still think all needs to be somewhat fair to everyone...weather, name brands etc no good.

Chris_gregg can you confirm how the points system works?
Old 01-22-2012, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by maximaboy12
has it been 48 hrs yet?
POST TIME
01-20-2012, 11:38 PM

Next challenge: your Maxima next to a lifted vehicle in the snow (sorry southerners, but I'm pretty sure there's enough snow around that some org member will get this one)

DEAD LINE
01-22-2012, 11:38 PM

DEAD LINE FOR OP TO COMPLETE THEIR OWN CHALLENGE
01-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Old 01-22-2012, 04:44 PM

Personally I don't see what's wrong with using something like Chili's or Starbucks, since there are thousands of them spread all over the country. If it's a regional restaurant, then yeah I can see that being unfair. Red Robin and Fuddrucker's are good examples since they aren't anywhere around here.
I can't believe I have to even be literal with you too.... no not with those big name companies but how ca I name a random place let's say in montana on a side stand that I don't know about..... o.k lemme make one up seeing as what I said was sooooooo terribly hard to understand... "red flagged" places should be like saying "maxima parked next to darryls lil crab shack private resurant.... I can't name n off brand one cause I don't know any... use KFC, use Starbuck I get those..
Old 01-22-2012, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
I can't believe I have to even be literal with you too.... no not with those big name companies but how ca I name a random place let's say in montana on a side stand that I don't know about..... o.k lemme make one up seeing as what I said was sooooooo terribly hard to understand... "red flagged" places should be like saying "maxima parked next to darryls lil crab shack private resurant.... I can't name n off brand one cause I don't know any... use KFC, use Starbuck I get those..
Oh ok, gotcha... I'm trying to read posts and watch football at the same time.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:49 PM

I believe the not gaining a point thing was mentioned somewhere, but I guess it was not in the rules. Hopefully all these things will be addressed in the update.

If you want go come right down to it everything is doable....TO THE OP. I still think all needs to be somewhat fair to everyone...weather, name brands etc no good.

Everything is doable to the OP I undertand, no shyt aren't hey supposeto make challenges they can complete too??... but the challenge should not only be limited to the OP, hence why the weather isn't a no go, I'm sure it doesn't only snows over the OP's house..... there beaches here in Maryland just like there is snow...
Old 01-22-2012, 04:51 PM

Oh ok, gotcha... I'm trying to read posts and watch football at the same time.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
there beaches here in Maryland just like there is snow...
True, but yall ain't got no palm trees
Old 01-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Get Off My Lawn

I'm cutting/pasting from initial post by Waxima and adding in my own summary regarding the point system:

A person must post a NEW image meeting the current challenge's criteria. The image must also include an appropriate challenge bolded below the image. If the image completes the criteria of the challenge, that person gets ONE POINT.

IF the challenge isn't met within 2 days (48 hours), the person who put the challenge up then has 24 hours to complete the challenge themselves. If they cannot complete their own challenge, they are docked one point and then pick a new challenge. If they meet their own challenge, they simply do NOT GAIN a point. They still must set a new challenge.

BTW: The update coming has very LITTLE to do with the point system! Hehehehehehe!!
Old 01-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Get Off My Lawn

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

I mentioned several weeks ago I would look into there being an award/prize system for the Picture Game. Waxima and I spoke about several options and I believe we have got something set up everyone can enjoy and keep things simple!!

We have decided there will be a monthly award/prize. The award will be a custom signature done by one of three members who are volunteering time for the Maxima forums and this thread.

I will be calculating points for the current winner and expect to have them posted tomorrow, no later than Wednesday.

- In order to determine a monthly winner, points will begin to be calculated a little differently. At the next point count, total points will be updated. However, I will place in brackets, only the number of points accrued for that 30 day period. Only the points for that 30 days will determine the winner.
This does two things. First it maintains the total points for those guys who have been playing from the beginning. Second, it equalizes the playing field for new guys so that everyone has the same opportunity each month to win.

- I strongly suggest that the winner utilize one of their images from that 30 day period to use in their award signature. I of course cannot mandate this, but this would make the signature more as a trophy for the winner. I also hope this will encourage guys to get more creative with their photography! Additionally, for guys who might win more than once, this changes up their signature, so it's still an award/prize for them.

The only thing I ask is that the signature artist put something into the signature like: "January Maxima Picture Game Winner!" The month would only represent which win it is (for approximately which 30 day period it is)....again, just part of making it a trophy for the winner.

- After approximately every 30 days (I'm human, it might be 31 days) the winner will be informed who to contact in order to have their signature made. Before making the announcement, I will of course contact which ever artist is in rotation for that 30 days, so they know who to be expecting an IM from.

This is just mine and Waxima's way of trying to keep things interesting and fun for everyone! I welcome any thoughts and feedback!
Old 01-22-2012, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Gregg
MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

I mentioned several weeks ago I would look into there being an award/prize system for the Picture Game. Waxima and I spoke about several options and I believe we have got something set up everyone can enjoy and keep things simple!!

We have decided there will be a monthly award/prize. The award will be a custom signature done by one of three members who are volunteering time for the Maxima forums and this thread.

I will be calculating points for the current winner and expect to have them posted tomorrow, no later than Wednesday.

- In order to determine a monthly winner, points will begin to be calculated a little differently. At the next point count, total points will be updated. However, I will place in brackets, only the number of points accrued for that 30 day period. Only the points for that 30 days will determine the winner.
This does two things. First it maintains the total points for those guys who have been playing from the beginning. Second, it equalizes the playing field for new guys so that everyone has the same opportunity each month to win.

- I strongly suggest that the winner utilize one of their images from that 30 day period to use in their award signature. I of course cannot mandate this, but this would make the signature more as a trophy for the winner. I also hope this will encourage guys to get more creative with their photography! Additionally, for guys who might win more than once, this changes up their signature, so it's still an award/prize for them.

The only thing I ask is that the signature artist put something into the signature like: "January Maxima Picture Game Winner!" The month would only represent which win it is (for approximately which 30 day period it is)....again, just part of making it a trophy for the winner.

- After approximately every 30 days (I'm human, it might be 31 days) the winner will be informed who to contact in order to have their signature made. Before making the announcement, I will of course contact which ever artist is in rotation for that 30 days, so they know who to be expecting an IM from.

This is just mine and Waxima's way of trying to keep things interesting and fun for everyone! I welcome any thoughts and feedback!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:00 PM

as one of the jokers doing these signatures, i would like to ask that if you are a winner that you submit a HQ photo......otherwise the image suffers.....and who chooses a theme? I guess it can be a co-op between designer and winner...
Old 01-22-2012, 07:43 PM

Current Challenge: Your Maxima with a lifted truck in the snow... And FTW if this is good right at the last minute LOL
Sorry about the bad pics but it is very dark and no street lights.

NEXT CHALLENGE: Your Max parked with a train locomotive in the immediate background.

Last edited by 2brosgixxer; 01-22-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:53 PM

Oh... might have this... my buddy woks for metro system(we are suppose to be meetn up tomorrow)
Old 01-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Originally Posted by dee.signs
as one of the jokers doing these signatures, i would like to ask that if you are a winner that you submit a HQ photo......otherwise the image suffers.....and who chooses a theme? I guess it can be a co-op between designer and winner...
You're no joker!
Yes, it would be co-op at your descretion. I only ask somewhere the statement of the month and picture game winner be noted, for example: "January Maxima Picture Game Winner!" the winner can determine size/prominence.
I didn't mention the artists earlier just to try and keep with clarifying the changes. Dee.signs, tigershark, and are the three artists.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Get Off My Lawn

And showdown is the third. Stupid mobile app!!
Old 01-22-2012, 08:00 PM

NEXT CHALLENGE: Your Max parked with a train locomotive in the immediate background.
That's been done already.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:17 PM

That's been done already.
Really? I don't recall it being done. I did one with train tracks with the signs if that's what you are thinking.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:23 PM

Really? I don't recall it being done. I did one with train tracks with the signs if that's what you are thinking.
yep you sure did cuz i got the point ....but i dont think locomotive has been done
Old 01-22-2012, 08:47 PM

Yes it has been done. I don't remember who did it, but the picture was of a steam locomotive that was on display somewhere.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:50 PM

Yes it has been done. I don't remember who did it, but the picture was of a steam locomotive that was on display somewhere.
You're gonna have to find it for me to believe it. Otherwise the challenge stands.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:58 PM

You're gonna have to find it for me to believe it. Otherwise the challenge stands.
Go dig for it yourself
Old 01-22-2012, 09:08 PM

Go dig for it yourself
LOL nope...but maybe out of curiosity if I get bored at work later I will. How bout I change it to "preferably" with a snowbank in front of it" just for you
Old 01-22-2012, 09:13 PM

LOL nope...but maybe out of curiosity if I get bored at work later I will. How bout I change it to "preferably" with a snowbank in front of it" just for you
Sure, why the fawk not? Better yet, change it to your Maxima with a lobster trap on the trunk?

Quick Reply: The Maxima Picture Game Thread