General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Nos fuel pressure question

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 04:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by SprintMax

to best of my knowledge.. synki and i run different FP at WOT.. .. but we still round off to 80 - 85 PSI on 100 shot.. i don't understand the skematics and the underling of it.. maybe Matt or Thomas could explain futher.. but i don't think its a 40 PSI increase by the regulator.. i think the regulator will determind a FP by the amount of pressure and with the Stock FPR... which means.. say if you did run 65 PSI at WOT.. with the same fuel jet as stynki and myself.. you would still be at 80 - 85 PSI.. not by a constant PSI increase..
You said I THINK when you anwsered, and you said to ask Matt or Thomas, but I will try to ask the question again, here goes. Does the nitrous pressure regulator bring the pressure up BY a set amount depending on jet size, or does it bring it up TO a set amount depending on jet size? and Sprint thanks for answering my questions even though you didnt really anwser the last one I do appreciate it, and everyone one else who replied as well.
Old 12-31-2001, 05:49 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by CoOlKidS1979

You said I THINK when you anwsered, and you said to ask Matt or Thomas, but I will try to ask the question again, here goes. Does the nitrous pressure regulator bring the pressure up BY a set amount depending on jet size, or does it bring it up TO a set amount depending on jet size? and Sprint thanks for answering my questions even though you didnt really anwser the last one I do appreciate it, and everyone one else who replied as well.
it all depends on your car. you have to disconnect the second solenoid so it doesn't oopen and fire the NOS and watch thte pressure gauge. you might need to change to different jets depending on the shot and how YOUR Car reacts. all of us on 100shot are using different fuel jets because all our cars react different. ok
Old 12-31-2001, 08:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by CoOlKidS1979

ok, the nitrous pressure regulator brings up the fuel pressure via NITROUS PRESSURE - which is REGULATED by the jet in the bypass tee. the jet in the bypass tee does exactly what the name implies - it controls how much nitrous pressure is bled off into the intake manifold and the remaining pressure is what bumps up the fuel pressure. since nitrous pressure is basically what is bumping up the fuel pressure, with the jet in the bypass tee acting only as a regulator - then the amount the fuel pressure rises depends a lot on bottle pressure. lets say you use a .069 jet in the bypass tee(assuming stock FPR). if your bottle is at 900psi, then your fuel pressure may rise only to 75psi whereas if your bottle pressure is at 1000psi, fuel pressure may rise to 85psi on the same .069 jet. HOWEVER, if you assume constant bottle pressure at all times, then theoretically the nitrous pressure regulator brings up the fuel pressure BY a set amount. BUT, this is all in theory, because everyone FPR is different and reacts differently to a higher flowing fuel pump. this is exactly why NOS makes so many different jet sizes because everyone's setup is going to be a little different. once you get a kit and start using it, you'll see how everything works.
Old 01-01-2002, 08:32 AM

Originally posted by sx7r

ok, the nitrous pressure regulator brings up the fuel pressure via NITROUS PRESSURE - which is REGULATED by the jet in the bypass tee. the jet in the bypass tee does exactly what the name implies - it controls how much nitrous pressure is bled off into the intake manifold and the remaining pressure is what bumps up the fuel pressure. since nitrous pressure is basically what is bumping up the fuel pressure, with the jet in the bypass tee acting only as a regulator - then the amount the fuel pressure rises depends a lot on bottle pressure. lets say you use a .069 jet in the bypass tee(assuming stock FPR). if your bottle is at 900psi, then your fuel pressure may rise only to 75psi whereas if your bottle pressure is at 1000psi, fuel pressure may rise to 85psi on the same .069 jet. HOWEVER, if you assume constant bottle pressure at all times, then theoretically the nitrous pressure regulator brings up the fuel pressure BY a set amount. BUT, this is all in theory, because everyone FPR is different and reacts differently to a higher flowing fuel pump. this is exactly why NOS makes so many different jet sizes because everyone's setup is going to be a little different. once you get a kit and start using it, you'll see how everything works.
so that's why i ran so rich at 1100psi.
Old 01-01-2002, 09:57 AM

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

so that's why i ran so rich at 1100psi.

Thomas has spoken and answered. :_

Steve, what FP did you run at when you sprayed @ 1100psi? At that bottle pressure, i ran at 85psi exactly.
Old 01-01-2002, 10:01 AM

Originally posted by Synki

Thomas has spoken and answered. :_

Steve, what FP did you run at when you sprayed @ 1100psi? At that bottle pressure, i ran at 85psi exactly.

i ran about 93 but i liked running a little rich because it's safer and at that much bottle pressure i'm sure you needed the extra fuel.