General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Another accident story in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 12:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Another accident story in Toronto

Well, what a way to start off the New year. I'm at the intersection on the inside right lane, a green van next to me in the passing lane both about to go straight. Lights turns green so we accelerate. Another red van; runs the red light and slams head on into the side of the van next to me. Split second I see this van pushed towards me, I steer right and get slammed in the rear driver side to back bumper causing my car to fish tail and do a 360. Officer wouldn't let me drive home due to possible damage to gas tank. Everyone was okay with minor injury. The green van taking the most damage from being sandwhich, his windows shattered. The driver was pretty shook up and so was I. Heart was racing from the 360 spin. Witness saw the red van run the light and reported to the police so the driver of the red van was charged with failure to stop @ a redlight. This is my first accident so I'm clueless as to the procedures following. I'm not at fault so that's a good thing. What's the best actions to take? Thanks in advance guys.
Old 01-06-2002, 12:45 AM

What the hell is this? "Crash into my Maxima" month?

Dude, totally sorry about the Max, but the main thing is that you're ok.
Old 01-06-2002, 02:18 AM

That sucks bro Hope your front strut bar (or I should say .. my front strut bar hehehe!) and the rest of your car gets put back together alright.

All the accidents I've ever been in either involved me, and me alone, or someone hitting my parked car. I would *HOPE* the fact the accident was caused by someone doing something illegal makes it so you don't have to pay your insurance, but it might not. You may be liable for the deductable and/or insurance hike I hope for your sake your not though.

Need a canadian insurance legal eagle =/

Good luck!
Old 01-06-2002, 02:21 AM
Administrator

damn too many accidents
Old 01-06-2002, 05:38 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

klubjunkee:

Glad you're OK. Damn, another one

1) call your adjuster;

2) get them to arrange for a rental if you have the optional 'loss of vehicle' clause in your coverage (it cost me about $20 for the year and covers up to $900 in rental coverage);

3) depending on what insurance company you're with you will either:
a) have to go to an independent appraiser;
b) find your own quote from a body shop, or
c) they will send someone to look at the damage.

4) make sure you get your car evaluated/repaired by a reputable shop.

You shouldn't have to pay a deductible at all.

Good luck, and let us know what comes of this.

Albert
BTW - I'm 6spdMax on the TO board - thanks for the reply the other day.
Old 01-06-2002, 11:17 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Another accident story in Toronto

That sucks! Hope you have no complications and your car gets back together like new. I hate accidents. Nothing good comes from them.

For the rest of you STOP STOP STOP ... no more accidents!
Old 01-06-2002, 12:18 PM

Good thing you're okay, the car will be fixed.
Old 01-06-2002, 01:16 PM

geezus christ ANOTHER accident??? thats it, my max is staying in my driveway until spring.
Old 01-06-2002, 01:43 PM

Originally posted by Weasel
Good thing you're okay, the car will be fixed.
Your lucky. You got the Monster (Sully) to protect the Max!! Dammit I want one too!!! btw, I love your sig. Could you photoshop Sully on my Max too if you have time?

klubjunkee: sorry to hear that man! Was it major damage tho or a few dents here and there?? I'm guessing its pretty big? Cause if you were stopped then hte car wouldn't have moved to quickly. Hopefully you'll be back in the Max in a few weeks!
Old 01-06-2002, 01:53 PM

Not Another One of Us! :(

Richie:
I'm glad to hear that you're OK! How badly Damaged is your Max?? Were you driving alone?

PLEASE FELLOW MAX DRIVERS, DRIVE CAREFULLY.

This especially sucks because Richie and Joey were people I've Met during Meets.

Guys We can't lose any more Maxes. Toronto doesn't even Have Enough!
Old 01-06-2002, 02:56 PM

More details

Well, the witness said that the driver of the red van didn't even make an attempt to stop so even though we just started to accelerate and couldn't have been doing more then 20kmh. The impact of the moron runing the lights at 40/50kmh, the guy in the green van is lucky only to have slight pain in his ribs and legs and still be alive cause his car was a total wreck. I really wasn't that bad last night but figure after a good night sleep, I would feel better. Man was I wrong. Couldn't sleep due to neck pains and dizzyness. Went to doctor this morning and was told they are symptoms of whiplash from the 360 merry-go-round my car did. I have no clue what this guy was thinking for runing the lights and when the officer said he was gonna cut this guy some slack from a wreckless driving and possible imprisonment charge instead for a failure to stop @ a red light. He had the nerves to agrue it saying the road conditions were bad. Please...whatever, the light snow just start a few seconds earlier and the roads were clean as my max. I just want to knock him out @ this point I don't think this is over yet cause this moron will prob try to argue his case. I don't know yet about the condition of my max, the rear driver side door is dent all the way to the back bumper with my tails broken and my trunk and fuel lid bent open and rear wheel kinda angled. We will see, I gotta visit my buddy's shop tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2002, 06:29 PM

$$$ sue this bitc*

get ur money and then take the rims off me

ooh my poor old max =*(
Old 01-06-2002, 06:38 PM

Re: Another accident story in Toronto

Originally posted by klubjunkee
Well, what a way to start off the New year. I'm at the intersection on the inside right lane, a green van next to me in the passing lane both about to go straight. Lights turns green so we accelerate. Another red van; runs the red light and slams head on into the side of the van next to me. Split second I see this van pushed towards me, I steer right and get slammed in the rear driver side to back bumper causing my car to fish tail and do a 360. Officer wouldn't let me drive home due to possible damage to gas tank. Everyone was okay with minor injury. The green van taking the most damage from being sandwhich, his windows shattered. The driver was pretty shook up and so was I. Heart was racing from the 360 spin. Witness saw the red van run the light and reported to the police so the driver of the red van was charged with failure to stop @ a redlight. This is my first accident so I'm clueless as to the procedures following. I'm not at fault so that's a good thing. What's the best actions to take? Thanks in advance guys.
In Canada you don't sue for pain and suffering, right? At least I don't think so because I used to have a girl in Montreal. When I told her about people suing for slipping and falling she was surprised. I also noticed in some outdoor motels in CAN they don't even clean the snow, you'd never see that in the States due to frivilous lawsuits. In PA you have to pay extra if you plan to be sue-happy, I think it should be a bigger $$ diff for those who choose up-front that they are not gonna sue.

Anyway, assuming you dont have all that c*** that we do, the main thing is that you are physically ok. The next would be to repair the damage, and that's the end of story. In the US the story goes on and on......but good luck.
Old 01-06-2002, 07:41 PM

Originally posted by mAdD MAX

Your lucky. You got the Monster (Sully) to protect the Max!! Dammit I want one too!!! btw, I love your sig. Could you photoshop Sully on my Max too if you have time?

klubjunkee: sorry to hear that man! Was it major damage tho or a few dents here and there?? I'm guessing its pretty big? Cause if you were stopped then hte car wouldn't have moved to quickly. Hopefully you'll be back in the Max in a few weeks!
Thanks! I don't have Photoshop installed at the moment, I just came off another format and XP installation. I have a really hard-to-track-down registry problem with some piece of software I'm installing every time. It wouldn't be a problem except I have illegal copies of almost everything, so I don't know with which to start looking. I'll give you a PM if I get another copy of Photoshop, I think I still have the cut and layered pictures I used on my other drive, it shouldn't be a hard thing to do.
Old 01-06-2002, 08:10 PM

i here about Maxima accidents more than any other accidents, could be due to our obsession of posting everything that happens to our maxima's and reading everyday. sowwee about your car i know how it feels!