General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

2002 6spd Maxima for $21,999

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 10:22 AM
Administrator

2002 6spd Maxima for $21,999

yeah i know emax.. its not a real car
Old 01-08-2002, 10:29 AM

that's pretty damn cheap!
Old 01-08-2002, 10:47 AM

Yeah right >>

And when you show up they say,

"Oh sorry, we just sold the last six-speed SE. But, we do have this nice $32,870 GLE with Navigation. How much can you afford to pay per month?"

I honestly don't know how car salespeople can sleep at night.
Old 01-08-2002, 10:53 AM

Re: Yeah right >>

Originally posted by Albertt

"Oh sorry, we just sold the last six-speed SE. But, we do have this nice $32,870 GLE with Navigation. How much can you afford to pay per month?"

lol - ain't that the truth!
Old 01-08-2002, 10:54 AM
Administrator

i don't think so.. they been running differnt adds like this for the past weeks.. two weeks ago it was 20k for a AUTO.. they can't keep consistently do that..
Old 01-08-2002, 11:07 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thank you

Sprint,
Old 01-08-2002, 11:09 AM
www.autotalk.com

Re: Re: Yeah right >>

Originally posted by SprintMax

i don't think so.. they been running differnt adds like this for the past weeks.. two weeks ago it was 20k for a AUTO.. they can't keep consistently do that..
go give it a shot
Old 01-08-2002, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Yeah right >>

Originally posted by Max4Speed

go give it a shot
I don't want one.. i could have bought one a while ago..

emax is just mad because he over paid for his...
Old 01-08-2002, 11:33 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah right >>

emax is just mad because he over paid for his...
,sure that's what it is. I will say it again, I am happy with the deal/eperience I got and would gladly do it again. I am however a little ****ed about the $1000 cash back promotion.

If someone could actually get that price, then more power to them! I just don't beleive any of those ads. One thing I have learned in life is if something seems to good to be true, 99% of the time it is to good to be true.{100% for me}
Old 01-08-2002, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah right >>

your just bitter because you drove all that way for the I30 and they sold it on you

Originally posted by emax95

,sure that's what it is. I will say it again, I am happy with the deal/eperience I got and would gladly do it again. I am however a little ****ed about the $1000 cash back promotion.

If someone could actually get that price, then more power to them! I just don't beleive any of those ads. One thing I have learned in life is if something seems to good to be true, 99% of the time it is to good to be true.{100% for me}
Old 01-08-2002, 11:54 AM

possible. base SE invoiced at 23k, nissan prolly has a rebate that we don't know or special dealer kick back or something.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:00 PM

Stop doubting it! If you want 255 hp and 6-spd, go and get it!

NYS is very protective of the consumer. There has to be an actual stock # for a car that exists. They have to show that the car was sold. If you really want it, and the ad runs every week, go back every Monday morning. It may take 4 weeks. Just be prepared to not be able to alter any equipment period. In 1997 that meant fixed mast antenna and no ABS. By 1999 there were stripped Maximas for under 17k BRAND NEW. I think it's an ok price but I'd let the prices come down some more this summer. The body style is old, once the new one comes out this car wont move. Wont make it any less fun to drive though.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:12 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

The exact same thing happened to me twice when I was shopping for my max two years ago. I just don't believe in those ads
Old 01-08-2002, 01:27 PM

Originally posted by WoodEar
possible. base SE invoiced at 23k, nissan prolly has a rebate that we don't know or special dealer kick back or something.

no its called a lost leader. the dealer is most likely losing 1-2grand by selling the car. but try and go in there and buy the car, it will be the bigest pain in the @ss for you. cause the dealers don't want to sell the cars they just use the add to bring you in. that is when the pain it the @ss starts.

best thing with those adds look for the stock number on the paper there is always a stock number. and buy it cash or walk in with your own financing and get the check from the bank before you go in to buy the car.
REME
Old 01-08-2002, 01:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jdmmax
[B]

no its called a lost leader. the dealer is most likely losing 1-2grand by selling the car. but try and go in there and buy the car, it will be the bigest pain in the @ss for you. cause the dealers don't want to sell the cars they just use the add to bring you in. that is when the pain it the @ss starts.

best thing with those adds look for the stock number on the paper there is always a stock number. and buy it cash or walk in with your own financing and get the check from the bank before you go in to buy the car.
REMEMBER THEY DO NOT WANT TO SELL AD CARS!!!!!
Old 01-08-2002, 01:33 PM

Wow seems like a good deal.

Is there a *, that says "Price is based on $3,000 down" or some stuff like that?
Old 01-08-2002, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by breaux124
Wow seems like a good deal.

Is there a *, that says "Price is based on $3,000 down" or some stuff like that?
it says buy for.. which means you have to pay for it when you walk out the door with it.. cash money baby.. or cashiers check..
Old 01-08-2002, 01:39 PM

Originally posted by WoodEar
Holy crap. He lives
Old 01-08-2002, 01:41 PM

The ads are not false advertising. My dad's 98 SE was an ad car. It was an auto and was a little over $22k. And YES, dealer don't like to sell ad cars. The make money, but they make less. Basically they run the ad for a few weeks. If they can sell the car the first day, then they could say to everyone that comes in later that the car has been sold and here's the paperwork to prove it. But the ad goes on to attract customers. If anyone does go and gets that car, make sure you don't fall for any gimmicks. They will try to add on destination charges. This should be included in the $21,999 price already. The dealer tried to pull that one on my dad. It should be $21,999 plus tax and license.
Old 01-08-2002, 01:50 PM

Dont forget to post a pic of teh ad like i did.
Old 01-08-2002, 02:08 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

same with me. same thing.
Old 01-08-2002, 03:07 PM

THEY CAN KEEP DOING THAT i worked there, if you want a good price they are good, they deal in huge volume so they can do things like that. if you want and even better price , be nice to me
-pete
Old 01-08-2002, 03:14 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Well,

During the '99 closeout, a local dealer was advertising 99 GXE 5-speeds for $16,990 and GXE autos for $17,990. Both were "bare bones" of course. Went to the dealer, and there were 4 there.......2 5-speeds and 2 autos......

Daniel B. (who is sorely missed) got his 99 5-speed for even less...$15,990 before destination IIRC, which was about $400 or $500 less than what I saw them for because the prices above included destination, etc.

The point being that with patience come the deals......everyone who has bought a 2k2 to this point that didn't absolutely have to have a car did not exercise good judgment from a price standpoint.

Why we didn't come home with the 5-speed I'll never know....and Sprint will never forgive me for that.......
Old 01-08-2002, 03:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah right >>

Originally posted by bill99gxe

Why we didn't come home with the 5-speed I'll never know....and Sprint will never forgive me for that.......
Poor Bill
Old 01-08-2002, 03:29 PM

Originally posted by JMAX95
The ads are not false advertising.
You are right on. And from my own experience, forget Philly and NJ papers. Stick with New York State. Those who have never lived in New York don't realize how much protection as consumers they are lacking. Consumer Affairs at the state and city levels go at shady retailers with guns blazing. I did my own investigation and did find out what shady practices are used in PA and NJ to come up with the crazy ad prices, so if it were a dealer from one of those states I'd tell you fuggetiboudit. I also followed up on one of those ads and like I said the guy said I have to pick up the car by Monday.

Anyone who studied business should remember the famous NYS Supreme Court (Supreme Ct. is the trial level in NY, Court of Appeals is higher) case Jones v. Star Credit--if that doesn't show you how lucky you are to be a consumer in NYS I don't know what does.

As I said, you want that car, go and get it.
Old 01-08-2002, 03:39 PM

Sometimes, the dealers will try to sell you some useless packages, such as paint protection, window eching (way overpriced), etc. That is what happened when my dad and I went to buy a 2000 maxima. Insead, we passed up all of that bs, went 2k1 instead.
Old 01-08-2002, 04:21 PM
RussMaxManiac

Yeah, they are going cheap!!

I just saw a few yesterday at the dealer when I stopped by to meet up with another max guy. And they had 2 6spds for 23k!!!

Old 01-08-2002, 04:27 PM

Originally posted by Lordrandall

Holy crap. He lives
I surprised myself!
Old 01-08-2002, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah right >>

Originally posted by bill99gxe

Well,

During the '99 closeout, a local dealer was advertising 99 GXE 5-speeds for $16,990 and GXE autos for $17,990. Both were "bare bones" of course. Went to the dealer, and there were 4 there.......2 5-speeds and 2 autos......

Daniel B. (who is sorely missed) got his 99 5-speed for even less...$15,990 before destination IIRC, which was about $400 or $500 less than what I saw them for because the prices above included destination, etc.

The point being that with patience come the deals......everyone who has bought a 2k2 to this point that didn't absolutely have to have a car did not exercise good judgment from a price standpoint.

Yes.. it seems that alot of people here are sorry they bought their cars when it just came out.. EVERYONE knows about nissan and cut backs and rebates.. didn't the dregged RESALE VALUE clue you guys in?

you are right bill, as much as i love you.. i just can't forgive you
Old 01-08-2002, 04:41 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Re: Yeah right >>

sorry man, but i dissagree

I see it like that in the papers all the time... Buy for this much, then they will add on another few grand in dealer fee's, taxes, plates, hell knows what else.. Either that, or when you get there it's a different story. When I was shopping for a car I've wasted my time going to dealerships finding crazy deals in the paper and they all turned out to be bull****.

Who knows, this can be for real, but I really doubt it.. if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is... especially from an authorized dealership. Only way to find out is to go there and talk to them. Then just ask them straight up on how much it will cost.
Old 01-08-2002, 04:42 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah right >>

Yeah Nissan kills themselves by doing this. Or rather kills the new owners I guess. Nissan gets their $ and then offers rebates to keep the sales #'s up. Screws everyone w/ crappy resale but by then, Nissan has your money.

I would never buy a brand new Nissan/Infiniti. They just plummet in cost way too fast. It's domestic-like. So unless you do like Bill/others that wait for killer deals like this, forget it!

Yes.. it seems that alot of people here are sorry they bought their cars when it just came out.. EVERYONE knows about nissan and cut backs and rebates.. didn't the dregged RESALE VALUE clue you guys in?

Old 01-08-2002, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah right >>

Jeff on a side note.. i saw this today and thought of you..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...195198&r=0&t=0

i almost wet my pants..

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Yeah Nissan kills themselves by doing this. Or rather kills the new owners I guess. Nissan gets their $ and then offers rebates to keep the sales #'s up. Screws everyone w/ crappy resale but by then, Nissan has your money.

I would never buy a brand new Nissan/Infiniti. They just plummet in cost way too fast. It's domestic-like. So unless you do like Bill/others that wait for killer deals like this, forget it!

Old 01-08-2002, 05:10 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah right >>

SOAB! Excuse me while I change my underwear! ahh..

Jeff on a side note.. i saw this today and thought of you..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...195198&r=0&t=0

i almost wet my pants..

Old 01-08-2002, 06:11 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah right >>

Yeah, the search function would have been useful for finding this out about resale value. Hell, just looking at Nissan's advertising would clue most people who just simply pay attention to prices.

Case in point: Our local Wally World for the new year decided to start raising prices on most groceries I buy there on an average of 8%.........thereby lessening their price advantage over our local Kroger, Albertson's, etc. grocery stores. It's a new store that opened in the middle of last year, so they have now figured that they have sucked the lemmings in for mindlessly buying their groceries there and perceiving they are still getting the same deal as they were last year.......

It's all about understanding how specific automakers price their stuff. Nissan has done this pattern for several years, and several of our "veteran" (which, unlike Russ, I term that to mean those who have been around a year or more) members should realize this.......

Old 01-08-2002, 07:22 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah right >>

Originally posted by Jeff92se

one thing about resale value. a car is never a investment!!!!!!
it is just a bottomless money pit. especially for use the people that mod our cars. really the only people that would hold value in mods is us. so if you buy a car and constantly worry about resale value your just going to drive yourself crazy.

I say buy the car you like try to get the best possible deal you can on it and enjoy the car. when its time for a change then change it.
But you are always losing money somewhere a lot of money.

i paid about 22K + fees for my 99 SE-L back in 1999.
that car is staying with me until i die
Irvine Nissan $7000 of including rebate.
Old 01-10-2002, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by MaxSE98
THEY CAN KEEP DOING THAT i worked there, if you want a good price they are good, they deal in huge volume so they can do things like that. if you want and even better price , be nice to me
-pete
words from a former employee.. thank you
Old 01-10-2002, 09:37 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah right >>

Originally posted by jdmmax

one thing about resale value. a car is never a investment!!!!!!
it is just a bottomless money pit. especially for use the people that mod our cars. really the only people that would hold value in mods is us. so if you buy a car and constantly worry about resale value your just going to drive yourself crazy.

I say buy the car you like try to get the best possible deal you can on it and enjoy the car. when its time for a change then change it.
But you are always losing money somewhere a lot of money.

i paid about 22K + fees for my 99 SE-L back in 1999.
that car is staying with me until i die
Irvine Nissan $7000 of including rebate.

whay abot a 57 vette or a 54 packard thats clean, thats an investment. a detomaso pantera? porsche 911 carrera ! many investments that can yield high gains if bought smart and kept clean, even with mods
-pete
Old 01-10-2002, 11:40 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah right >>

whay abot a 57 vette or a 54 packard thats clean, thats an investment. a detomaso pantera? porsche 911 carrera ! many investments that can yield high gains if bought smart and kept clean, even with mods
-pete
A Maxima of any year is not an investment.

I'll take a 57 Vette tho.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:49 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah right >>

-pete
ok sorry there are always exceptions to everything. after i posted that coment that thought came into my mind and i knew someone would bring it up.

oh and i was thinking of the average customer always worried about resale value. not the very few people that are willing to keep there cars in the garage until there hair starts growing gray.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:51 AM

I bought

my max back in '96 off a similar add for 17k..Not an SE though..

Quick Reply: 2002 6spd Maxima for $21,999