General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

gas manual for any car

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 05:40 AM

gas manual for any car

I haul gas for a living and i get a hundred questions a day about gas so ill start on here. The major different in these stations are the additives and detergents that are in them. Shell, Exxon, and Texaco run about the same amount or close so thats why its always higher by a dime or so. Gas is also priced by the community and surrounding and demand in a area. Valero is pretty good gas and is the same as Sams, Kroger, and walmart. Walmart and Sams is cheap cause they buy so damn much a day they can afford to sell it cheap. Quick trip is cheap refined gas so it burns fast as hell. The best gas in my opinion is Costco gas. They run a detergent so strong it makes regular run like premium. The CEO of costco liked it so much he bought it and its ONLY supplied at costco stores. It looks black while pumping but trust me you will feel the difference and notice how much better your car run.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:15 AM

Thanks for the info, now I can make a wise decision about where I should go to get ripped off on an extremely inefficient, quickly consumable source of power.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:35 AM

I felt that way after i learned and im still learning. If you put 6 gallons on top of 9 gallons of regular, youll have 15 gallons of midgrade
Old 09-27-2012, 08:01 AM

How about not getting gas if there's a truck there filling up the tanks. I've heard this a number of times, and a few of those times were from "gas guys" in the know.

How long should one wait for the sediment to settle back down after a truck leaves the site?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:16 AM

Maybe I should start filling up with Costco fuel. My wife does on her little Mazda, but I've always gone to 76 for fuel. I assume all the Costco's source the exact same fuel?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by mrbat
The best gas in my opinion is Costco gas. They run a detergent so strong it makes regular run like premium. The CEO of costco liked it so much he bought it and its ONLY supplied at costco stores. It looks black while pumping but trust me you will feel the difference and notice how much better your car run.
Source?

I'll stick to V-Power from Shell or Supreme from Chevron until I hear verifiable evidence Costco gas is better.

EDIT - I hear Costco likes to max out the ethanol in their gas...that's not good.
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...tml#post424913

Last edited by Amerikaner83; 09-27-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83

Source?

I'll stick to V-Power from Shell or Supreme from Chevron until I hear verifiable evidensce Costco gas is better.
Go look up the detergent that they use, i did my homework before i started using it. V-power detergent is no where close to that, im not saying its not good either but if ima pay extra i need to feel it. Next time you go to costco see what the attendant knows. I beem delievering gas for over a year and ive done mom and pop stores to filling up the airport here in dfw. We even fill up the tanks for careflight
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by PalmettoFellow
How about not getting gas if there's a truck there filling up the tanks. I've heard this a number of times, and a few of those times were from "gas guys" in the know.

How long should one wait for the sediment to settle back down after a truck leaves the site?
In older gas stations i would wait 30 minutes or later. It brings up rust and sediments from the bottom but most gas stations have filters in the tanks plus thats the reason why we have filters in our cars.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:36 AM

I do shells everyday and im on my way to one now, its nlt exactly the station cause a driver can make a mistake and when it happens people can be at a lost. I has to help pump a station out cuz another carrier unloaded ethanol in the ground and guess what, 10 cars had to be towed to get there gas drained. Thats why its good to save reciepts to prove you got gas. Dont save em and its YOUR lost. Even a "v-power" station can have a ****ty parkinglot and have 20+ gallons of water in there tank
Old 09-27-2012, 10:37 AM

Shell V Power FTW! I always pump at night, never in the day.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:41 AM

Source?

I'll stick to V-Power from Shell or Supreme from Chevron until I hear verifiable evidence Costco gas is better.

EDIT - I hear Costco likes to max out the ethanol in their gas...that's not good.
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...tml#post424913
Like i said thats driver error, the station dont control the ethanol. I bet drivers were pulling E85 and wasnt doin the blend right. Costcos around here dont use it. Thats why jotech go to kroger to run E85 cuz they mostly carry it and those are the ones in the "nice" areas where all the cars are 2011 and up
Old 09-27-2012, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Toxic!
Shell V Power FTW! I always pump at night, never in the day.
Lol thats the best time
Old 09-27-2012, 10:53 AM

I wrote this thread to help others be aware of whats out here cause this is how i take care of my family and i wouldnt want anyone to go thru what i see daily. I speak only what i kno, i cant tell you bout race fuel but i do kno gas. I can tell grades jus by the smell which concerns me lol. All i kno is that everyone need to run a water treatment at least once a month because of condensation that all tanks get. I love my max like yall do.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:59 AM

After doing a bit of research I found that Costco just maxed out their additive package to 5x the minimum requirements, they're calling it something fancy like "clean power" or w/e...here in the NW anyhow.

http://www.costcoconnection.com/conn...106?pg=90#pg90

Interesting...it's pumped out @ the same time the gas is, into the car...but controlled by the attendant?
http://www.calcupa.org/presentations...e_additive.pdf

Still not sold on this stuff yet though...
Old 09-27-2012, 11:05 AM

thanks for the thread, always good to hear from an expert.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:19 AM

http://www.shell.us/home/content/usa...fuels/v_power/

Shell V-powah also has 5x Fed cleaners...The more I look into Costco gas the less apprehensive I become.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:21 AM

After doing a bit of research I found that Costco just maxed out their additive package to 5x the minimum requirements, they're calling it something fancy like "clean power" or w/e...here in the NW anyhow.

http://www.costcoconnection.com/conn...106?pg=90#pg90

Interesting...it's pumped out @ the same time the gas is, into the car...but controlled by the attendant?
http://www.calcupa.org/presentations...e_additive.pdf

Still not sold on this stuff yet though...
Lol only thing the attendant does is put in the numbers of how much is gona be dropped and it puts in the additive before we unoad the gas. Its so damn concentrated it mixes like a gallon for every 1000 being dropped. When i bring 9000gal i have to split the trailer between 2 tanks and every tank they have hold 30,000 gallons. The truck that brings the additive showed me a sample and it looks like maple syrup so thats what gives the gas a black tint to it. Its also a marine hazard and will kill a whole lake of fish if a simple bucket is spilled. Just try it and you might like it. It wont hurt to jus use it once. Its not like im tryna get u to sleep wit a ugly chick lol
Old 09-27-2012, 11:28 AM

http://www.shell.us/home/content/usa...fuels/v_power/

Shell V-powah also has 5x Fed cleaners...The more I look into Costco gas the less apprehensive I become.
Lol if i owned a company i could put alot of this and that of what im using but i bet they wasnt saying that till costco came out the blue. People say walmart is cheap but there gas is made from Nustar which is valero marketing which sams, kroger, and costco uses. People go to kroger for E85 which is valero and people with gtr's run it for the power. At the end of the day its real close to being the same.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:28 AM

Lol only thing the attendant does is put in the numbers of how much is gona be dropped and it puts in the additive before we unoad the gas. Its so damn concentrated it mixes like a gallon for every 1000 being dropped. When i bring 9000gal i have to split the trailer between 2 tanks and every tank they have hold 30,000 gallons. The truck that brings the additive showed me a sample and it looks like maple syrup so thats what gives the gas a black tint to it. Its also a marine hazard and will kill a whole lake of fish if a simple bucket is spilled. Just try it and you might like it. It wont hurt to jus use it once. Its not like im tryna get u to sleep wit a ugly chick lol
that makes sense...I thought the attendant has to do it for the consumer, not for the delivery truck.

You better not try to get me to sleep with an ugly chick...my wife probably wouldn't approve
Old 09-27-2012, 11:33 AM

that makes sense...I thought the attendant has to do it for the consumer, not for the delivery truck.

You better not try to get me to sleep with an ugly chick...my wife probably wouldn't approve
Lol and mine would kill me for jus knowing i knew one, plus she pregnant lol
Old 09-27-2012, 11:47 AM

Since I don't have a Costco membership, I'll keep using the gas that's convenient to me. But I'll add some TC-W3 to keep things clean.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:48 AM

Lol and mine would kill me for jus knowing i knew one, plus she pregnant lol

mine too! Due in January
Old 09-27-2012, 11:56 AM

Mine is due november, my first son
Old 09-27-2012, 12:02 PM

I have one son, Isaac, who's 5. He's awesome. Congratulations! You're going to love being a dad!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:05 PM

Thanks, i already have two girls, now i have a lil racer
Old 09-27-2012, 12:20 PM

Since I don't have a Costco membership, I'll keep using the gas that's convenient to me. But I'll add some TC-W3 to keep things clean.
A costco card is worth it, ill tell anyone jus fill up and drive over 50 miles then nail it. I bet your car feel brand new.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:12 PM

A costco card is worth it, ill tell anyone jus fill up and drive over 50 miles then nail it. I bet your car feel brand new.
It is brand new...well, about 9000 miles
Old 09-27-2012, 01:16 PM

Lol well you can also use that big trunk for the bulk buying
Old 09-28-2012, 03:38 AM

hmmm. here in sacramento i still didnt see a wallmart gas station.

costco? cant recall seeing one either.

i just use chevron and shell. :shrug:
Old 09-28-2012, 03:52 AM

I just want to get one thing straight. Are you saying that the gas you deliver is plain gas with up to 10% ethanol with no detergents? Upon delivery, each individual gas station puts their own brands of detergents in as you fill to "personalize" the blend?

Is this true across the industry? If I see a shell delivery truck, would it have detergent premixed or does the guy at shell add detergents similar to your customers? The same goes fire exxon, bp, and so on...

If this is true across the industry, I suppose it makes a lot of sense from a logistical standpoint. Now, any gas station can buy plain gas from any distributor, and then personalize the blend with proprietary detergents.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:45 AM

I just want to get one thing straight. Are you saying that the gas you deliver is plain gas with up to 10% ethanol with no detergents? Upon delivery, each individual gas station puts their own brands of detergents in as you fill to "personalize" the blend?

Is this true across the industry? If I see a shell delivery truck, would it have detergent premixed or does the guy at shell add detergents similar to your customers? The same goes fire exxon, bp, and so on...

If this is true across the industry, I suppose it makes a lot of sense from a logistical standpoint. Now, any gas station can buy plain gas from any distributor, and then personalize the blend with proprietary detergents.
Everyone gets the 10% ethanol in there gas. So with every 1000 loaded 100 gallons is ethanol. E85 is a higher precentage almost 40%. The refinary where i pick up mixes the detergents, the gas stations have no clue because they dont make money off gas. They get paid barely nothing it jus help brings customers but the more it can average is what pays pennies. The logo on the store is what determines the additives so in other words your shell, chevron, exxon etc runs about the same blend but its higher then some of the other mom and pops stores.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:42 AM

Everyone gets the 10% ethanol in there gas. So with every 1000 loaded 100 gallons is ethanol. E85 is a higher precentage almost 40%. The refinary where i pick up mixes the detergents, the gas stations have no clue because they dont make money off gas. They get paid barely nothing it jus help brings customers but the more it can average is what pays pennies. The logo on the store is what determines the additives so in other words your shell, chevron, exxon etc runs about the same blend but its higher then some of the other mom and pops stores.
This is throwing me off again. Earlier you said that you bring in gas, and the attendant has his dark syrupy mix of detergents...
Old 09-28-2012, 08:52 AM

This is throwing me off again. Earlier you said that you bring in gas, and the attendant has his dark syrupy mix of detergents...
That's costco specific.

For arco/shell/chevron, those add-packs are loaded into the truck at the refinery. I used to work at a Shell and a Texaco, and we never added anything at the station. It was in the truck already.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:59 AM

how does mrbat feel about adding TC-W3 to cars?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:05 AM

hold up our maxes can run on e85? is that good for the engine no where does our car say flex/fule
Old 09-28-2012, 09:05 AM

good question.maybe mrbat should check out the thread we've got on it
Old 09-28-2012, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by kushsmokr
hold up our maxes can run on e85? is that good for the engine no where does our car say flex/fule

NO. He used E85 as an example of fuel he hauls.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:08 AM

i cant wait for my owners manual to get here i cant even find my power outlet is minus the one ont passenger side only cause someone said "what goes here". the compartment door is mia
Old 09-28-2012, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Prophecy99
how does mrbat feel about adding TC-W3 to cars?
I wanna try it out
Old 09-28-2012, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by kushsmokr
i cant wait for my owners manual to get here i cant even find my power outlet is minus the one ont passenger side only cause someone said "what goes here". the compartment door is mia
from one kush smoker to another, lay off the kush lol

Quick Reply: gas manual for any car