General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Arrogant maxima owners

Old 10-18-2012, 01:39 PM

Arrogant maxima owners

Ever since I've became a maxima owner/org member I've noticed that most of the owners (that i've come accross personally) are pretty arrogant about their maxima. It's mainly the younger crowd that I've noticed this with. I'm sure ever car community has their bunch but for some reason I've noticed it more with our community. I'm I the only one that notices this or maybe its just that I'm old?
Old 10-18-2012, 01:59 PM

Arrogant how exactly? Can you give an example?
Old 10-18-2012, 02:14 PM

If you hang around the general sections then yes I agree but if you dig into the forum more and find the more specialized section it is a lot better there. This forum is very friendly compared to others, the VW forums come to mind
Old 10-18-2012, 02:34 PM

i was referring to owners in person. the org in general is very helpful and friendly.

I've spoken to a few owners and a couple of them know whats going on and "know their ****", but others i've spoken to make it seem like the maxima is the fastest car in the world and that no other vehicle comes close. these people are the ones i LOL at because they know nothing about their maximas, let alone cars in general, and bash anything non nissan/maxima
Old 10-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MaxiNone
i was referring to owners in person. the org in general is very helpful and friendly.

I've spoken to a few owners and a couple of them know whats going on and "know their ****", but others i've spoken to make it seem like the maxima is the fastest car in the world and that no other vehicle comes close. these people are the ones i LOL at because they know nothing about their maximas, let alone cars in general, and bash anything non nissan/maxima
That is what a fan boy is. I find this in most forums dedicated to a specific thing.

Like the m3 guys hate the 335i guys(and almost everyone else) even though you can make a 335i faster for 2k and they cost 30k less and the m3 suspension bolts up.

I don't let it bother me anymore. I automatically assume everyone I meat is a tool/idiot. Especially on the internet.

If anything bother me on this website it is the general under education of the 7th gen owners.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by FastnFuriousMax
That is what a fan boy is. I find this in most forums dedicated to a specific thing.

Like the m3 guys hate the 335i guys(and almost everyone else) even though you can make a 335i faster for 2k and they cost 30k less and the m3 suspension bolts up.

I don't let it bother me anymore. I automatically assume everyone I meat is a tool/idiot. Especially on the internet.

If anything bother me on this website it is the general under education of the 7th gen owners.
lol, i guess it annoys me more than bothers me, but i do agree and understand what you mean by automatically assuming the owners are tools lol
Old 10-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Banned

hey i am a new 7th gen owner who finally saved enough money to get one new so i can break it in myself...i may not know a whole lot about cars but what i can tell you is that i fully enjoy my NISSAN and know that for years every other car company out there has been trying to keep up with NISSAN...look at all the cars out there and they look like a NISSAN in some way or another. Dont diss the 7th gen owners cause we may just love our rides as much as every other gen owner!
Old 10-18-2012, 03:21 PM

people may think im a **** but really its just my sense of humor.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by GGENIUS
some people dont get other peoples sense of humor. i have a hard to distinguishing that if i havent met the person
Old 10-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Just the tip.

No no, they're right. J/K
Old 10-18-2012, 04:04 PM

Text is easily misunderstood but we work with what we have. Ggenius I dont know what you are talking about, nobody likes you.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:11 PM

I think (in regards to the younger crowd) that a lot of them owned mainly 4 cylinders, or economy cars before. After feeling the power that a V6 can push out, they feel like they are now the ****. Kinda like that Crashez tool-of-a-kid, who always thought he had the fastest car on the road, and would talk endless amounts of crap to anyone else about their car.

On the .org, most people like that get flagged/labeled as ignorant jackasses and get ignored by the regulars on the site. There's some true gearheads here, who know what they're talking about when it comes to producing power out of a Max. Which is good, b/c it saves me from trying things out and wasting money on failed products :]
Old 10-18-2012, 11:52 PM

in my perspective, i don't really think that they are arrogant but maybe a little too focused on their ride because let's face it.. it's a family sedan and there are not as very many parts out there to make it look/perform good.. i would think that it's more like a chip on your shoulder trying to make your "grocery getter" better looking and go faster than your typical honda civic, haha.. but i guess to each his own.. i take pride in my maxima because i put alot of time, effort and $ into it so i guess my head tends to get big occasionally.. on a possitive note i love the org because without it, i wouldn't have even known about an "AE lip kit", or "POP charger" and how many people have "G35 rims" on their ride .. but yea, i get what you're saying though.. i sometimes wish i didn't pimp out the max and just leave it stock so i can get away from the critisim
Old 10-19-2012, 08:21 AM
Got Retrofit?

I don't think I've met an arrogant orger yet.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:36 AM

Not in person hell Aackshun wanted to chill when he came to ATL last time but I was busy. Next time we will tear it up and we have never even met. Nice people in general
Old 10-19-2012, 08:42 AM

I've met a few here and there, they're alright. But Just because they have maximas doesn't mean I'll want to be with them.

Ha I really don't understand how people think the maxima is fast. I generally think they're slow and overrated since my car isn't blistering fast LOL, it's probably due to it being auto though. I'm happy with it for sure, but I'll take a RWD sports car anyday over the dirtyi30 lolz.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
Text is easily misunderstood but we work with what we have. Ggenius I dont know what you are talking about, nobody likes you.
excuse me while i go drink bleach
Old 10-19-2012, 09:06 AM

Ive came across a few people that is cool. I look at this forum like we are a group of people who love the maxima, i own a 4th gen i plan to 3.5 swap but i have a baby on the way so i jus might beef up my 3.0 and call it a day. If anybody come to dallas feel free to hit me up and we all can go get sum cold ones. Yea sum people come off cocky and mayb like a ******* but its hard to read expressions thru txt, instead of worrying bout what gen is better we need to be beating on damn civics,galants,cobalts and accords.

Sent from the batcave
Old 10-19-2012, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by mrbat
we need to be beating on damn civics,galants,cobalts and accords.

Sent from the batcave
i would say that goal gets accomplished
Old 10-19-2012, 09:14 AM

I have pride in my grocery getter but I don't think that its the fastest machine on the road

At least I drive a vehicle that doesn't show in each corner of the street.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:16 AM

I'm definitely not the youngest member on here, 32 to be exact. I don't think it has anything to do with what kind of ride they have, the MAJORITY of the "younger crowd" are just kind of a$$es in general. I mean I'm all for taking pride in your car, house, possesions but some act like they're the only person that's ever worked hard to get what they wanted. The worst are the "Trustafarians" that have sick rides and act all arrogant but all of their mods are coming out of Mommy & Daddy's bank account. Then they talk about all of these people that "Hate On Them." Ummm, I'm pretty sure nobody is mad that you have nicer stuff than them, they hate you because you're a lil turd and talk trash to people because their stuff isn't as cool as yours. Wow, I guess I had some strong feelings about that one! Hahaha! Ending rant now...
Old 10-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Da Roller Coaster!

People in general are arrogant...when it comes to our "stuff" we can become obsessed and even more arrogant.

Get over it...not really a big deal and is a fact of life. If this is such a concern perhaps you should choose to interact with different people.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Da Roller Coaster!

Originally Posted by Chuckles03SE
the MAJORITY of the "younger crowd" are just kind of a$$es in general.
Yes, and it has always been this way. As you age, you find the younger generations to be more intolerable. They think they know everything, are lazy, have high expectations without any real day of work in them, and see the world being handed to them. Each generation appears to be closer and closer to this description.

I'll admit it, when I was a teenager I thought I knew everything, but I also worked my a$s off to make my way in the world. Today, most younger kids have their hand out before they show what they did or can do.

Of course...not all are like this, but a majority have this type of attitude. The parents shoulder part of the blame with how they raise their children wanting to spoil them along the way.

Ok..off my soapbox now.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:40 AM

yes my wrecked maxima IS nicer than yours.
my **** is also the biggest and whitest.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by foodmanry
Yes, and it has always been this way. As you age, you find the younger generations to be more intolerable. They think they know everything, are lazy, have high expectations without any real day of work in them, and see the world being handed to them. Each generation appears to be closer and closer to this description.

I'll admit it, when I was a teenager I thought I knew everything, but I also worked my a$s off to make my way in the world. Today, most younger kids have their hand out before they show what they did or can do.

Of course...not all are like this, but a majority have this type of attitude. The parents shoulder part of the blame with how they raise their children wanting to spoil them along the way.

Ok..off my soapbox now.

its not just this generation. its nothing new at all. we all have bias' and resentment towards the younger generations as we get older, because of our own insecurities. its been going on forever. why do you think my step dad hates me so much
Old 10-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Da Roller Coaster!

its not just this generation. its nothing new at all. we all have bias' and resentment towards the younger generations as we get older, because of our own insecurities. its been going on forever. why do you think my step dad hates me so much
This is laughable....resentment because of insecurities as we age? That's a good one...lol
Old 10-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Banned

yes my wrecked maxima IS nicer than yours.
my **** is also the biggest and whitest.
Mine is whiter, and I am six pounds soft.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by foodmanry
This is laughable....resentment because of insecurities as we age? That's a good one...lol
insecurites based on how we acted when we were young. not based on getting older.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

insecurites based on how we acted when we were young. not based on getting older.
I still don't understand your rationale...if anything people have less insecurities as they age. You being 24 don't quite understand yet, but you will at some point in the future.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:55 PM

subconscious things and stuff.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:19 PM

I would just like to sum this thread up, I am in tears lauging at this:

1: Fastnfurious just defined "fanboy." A maxima fanboy... I would love to see the first official entitling of "maxima fanboy." to somone on these forms... its like a orange mocha frappachino fanboy.

2:There is an albino **** weighing contest going on...

3: Freud just showed up and is attempting to find your ID vs your Ego...

God I love maxima owners.

Oh, and mine is limp and looks like a button mushroom..
Old 10-19-2012, 04:23 PM

Id talk about mine but that **** would be a long story.....

Old 10-19-2012, 04:30 PM

Name:  zoolander_zps70168ee5.png
Views: 47
Size:  429.5 KB
Old 10-19-2012, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by litch

3: Freud just showed up and is attempting to find your ID vs your Ego...
i literally felt like i was wearing a philosophers hat as i was typing my words of wisdom
Old 10-19-2012, 06:39 PM

Interesting... I find it to be the opposite. All of the orgers ive met have all been really cool. Its usually the maxima owners that arent orgers i find to be arrogant- i assume they just arent aware of whats really out there in the maxima world. If they were on the org i feel theyd be humbled.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You'll find that people are moreso a-holes on this site but when you meet them in person, it's a whole different ballgame.

The one's that put the most into their cars are the one's that get no play from women or wear nice clothes.

G8board is the same way.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

They just like their cars man. Let `em live.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:06 PM

Lol @ the comment that guys that put the most into their cars don't get any play...

I don't know about Maxima owners being arrogant. I think there are arrogant people period regardless of the car they own. It is just part of the personality they have (or part of which they lack)

I meet arrogant people from the rich all the way down to the poorest sucker out there...

I do find Mercedes Benz owners to be the most arrogant, in my opinion. Not all of course...

Last edited by deloa84; 10-19-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by deezo
The one's that put the most into their cars are the one's that get no play from women or wear nice clothes.
i dont get this statement. people who put the most into their cars dont get any gash, and dont dress nice? or do dress nice.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Da Roller Coaster!

i dont get this statement. people who put the most into their cars dont get any gash, and dont dress nice? or do dress nice.
I don't think you are living up to your handle with your posts in this thread. Lol. You may want to rethink your name on here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Arrogant maxima owners