General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

This is why I will never do circuit at the track

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 05:15 AM

This is why I will never do circuit at the track

I've had my fair share of breaking stuff and replacing but nothing I've done will compare to the repairs on this video. Guys tell me all the time why drag race it's boring but I just can't see myself taking my daily driver and hit the circuits. You are responsible for your own car and if someone hits you while on the premises they're not responsible or liable to fix your car, as per the contract you agree too upon entry. Oh insurance don't cover you on the track, NO EXCEPTIONS. They will probably cancel your policy immediately if they found out.

Last edited by mrjasonlyrics; 02-18-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:43 AM

You still post here?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:18 AM

Track days are not for going out and trying to set a lap record. You are supposed to just have fun and everyone is supposed to keep their distance and not overtake. I have seen far more accidents at drag races than I have at track days. Drag races you have to go 100% or its pointless whereas at a track day you can go 70% and still have plenty of fun.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Maxima Grounding Kit Spec

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
Track days are not for going out and trying to set a lap record. You are supposed to just have fun and everyone is supposed to keep their distance and not overtake. I have seen far more accidents at drag races than I have at track days. Drag races you have to go 100% or its pointless whereas at a track day you can go 70% and still have plenty of fun.
Hey saying more or less often don't mean jack if you happen to be at the track the one day some jerk is there. You know haow you avoid getting into such accidents; you build a race car for racing and if you can't afford that you should stay out of the hobby. Do people buy caviar or kobe beef as middle class? So why do they race? I don't get it.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
I disagree. When you're on the drag strip you're competing with time and you need little experience to make it down safely across the finish line but when you're on the track so much can go wrong like other cars loosing control and smashing into you, you loosing control around corners, or just panicking with lack of experience when you skid outta control. If you watch most of the accidents it's because they loose control and having a "ciruit car" is more than just skill, you need the right suspension setup, right tires for ultimate performance and the discipline to know your braking and acceleration points, and the understanding of what you car is capable of. I personally haven't seen any FWD accidents since going to the tracks nor have I seen any accidents. The most common accidents I see "on youtube" are high powered cars loosing control either at launch or down the track due to lost of traction and slow to step on the brake.

Not really sure how the circuits operate but they won't put a high powered drag car up against a average car for a sprint due to safety hazards. I mean just the fact that I'll get my @$$ whooped is enough to let a faster car skip me to run against a car in his level.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:42 AM

Subaru getting air off the oil drum was the best part of the vid
Old 02-18-2013, 11:13 AM

Dude are you ****ing serious? A guy spins out with an awd Audi wagon, a fwd Bread van civic si and an EVO is off the track not even looking... Guy in the si doesn't know what understeer is and plowed straight into the barrier. I know it was the nurburgring which is a tough track but thats just going full retard if you know you don't know most of the 172 corners.

there are plenty of tracks that have open space off the track that dont have barriers and you have to be really bad imo to **** up, it's really not that difficult.

before college I had a Honda cr125 that I took to the track with my buds... I shared the track with other bikers and ATVs, on the hundred footer there where atv's jumping the full table Top over my head cause I could only do half of it. The only thing I ****ed up on was jumping ( I overshot twice falling off) but I never had problems getting in the groove of the berm or clipping the apex In a long bend. And riders never crashed. All of us made space for passing, nobody knocked people off or crashed into eachother. though if you kept blocking a hardcore guy eventually he'd pass you safely but close enough to spray dirt in your face on the exit lol

I also went to Cayuga with my friends STI and we were going full throttle like 80% of the time On a wet track. Not even looking at the road you Should already know if you enter a corner like you would on a dry track You will get extra understeer because of less grip... My point is you gotta know some physics, have some knowledge about racing, know how all drive types behave, learn how to handle oversteer and understeer and lastly know your car and it's limits.

track is a lot more fun than drag. I know you race against time but you can do your best time really quickly. Decent tires, a good launch for a good 60' time and shift like lightning till the end. not sayin drag sucks but there's a lot more to be entertained by on a circuit.

Last edited by carsnwomen91; 02-18-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by carsnwomen91
Dude are you ****ing serious? A guy spins out with an awd Audi wagon, a fwd Bread van civic si and an EVO is off the track not even looking... Guy in the si doesn't know what understeer is and plowed straight into the barrier. I know it was the nurburgring which is a tough track but thats just going full retard if you know you don't know most of the 172 corners.

there are plenty of tracks that have open space off the track that dont have barriers and you have to be really bad imo to **** up, it's really not that difficult.

before college I had a Honda cr125 that I took to the track with my buds... I shared the track with other bikers and ATVs, on the hundred footer there where atv's jumping the full table Top over my head cause I could only do half of it. The only thing I ****ed up on was jumping ( I overshot twice falling off) but I never had problems getting in the groove of the berm or clipping the apex In a long bend. And riders never crashed. All of us made space for passing, nobody knocked people off or crashed into eachother. though if you kept blocking a hardcore guy eventually he'd pass you safely but close enough to spray dirt in your face on the exit lol

I also went to Cayuga with my friends STI and we were going full throttle like 80% of the time On a wet track. Not even looking at the road you Should already know if you enter a corner like you would on a dry track You will get extra understeer because of less grip... My point is you gotta know some physics, have some knowledge about racing, know how all drive types behave, learn how to handle oversteer and understeer and lastly know your car and it's limits.

track is a lot more fun than drag. I know you race against time but you can do your best time really quickly. Decent tires, a good launch for a good 60' time and shift like lightning till the end. not sayin drag sucks but there's a lot more to be entertained by on a circuit.
Pull up your panties homie. The title said "This is why I will never do circuit at the track" not that the circuits is more fun than drag. The potential for having a non track car, minimum knowledge and lack of experience is likely to end up like these guys in this video than it is at drag racing. Circuit racing requires way more modification as far as a tuned car, track suspension, right tires, and experience than drag racing does. I'm not here to argue which is more fun but to show why I wouldn't take my every day car on the "CIRCUIT" Why you popping vessels
Old 02-18-2013, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by aackshun

You still post here?
Because racecar.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:50 AM

i think you mean you wouldn't take a dd maxima or maxima period to the circuit, its not made for it at all...my friends sti and the porsche were daily drivers. STI was bone stock stock the 911 was a 1972 w/ a 1986 3.2, coilovers and decent tires... slidin everywhere lol nothin extra was modded.

looooads of space, no barriers, still slid around the turns and this was our first time around that track (3 dudes in sti) with no track experience whatsoever. we love cars and play a lot of forza lol that video you posted just shows really dumb people... circuit is more fun than drag period lol you drag everytime you exit a turn and the launch is the exit of a corner. i'm arguing the fact that you can take a dd that can do well on a track, spend a day having fun and not braking anything, you just gotta know the car and you can't be a total vajayjay. my panties, really???????? LOL

Last edited by carsnwomen91; 02-18-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:03 PM

i think you mean you wouldn't take a dd maxima or maxima period to the circuit, its not made for it at all...my friends sti and the porsche were daily drivers. STI was bone stock stock the 911 was a 1972 w/ a 1986 3.2, coilovers and decent tires... slidin everywhere lol nothin extra was modded.

looooads of space, no barriers, still slid around the turns and this was our first time around that track (3 dudes in sti) with no track experience whatsoever. we love cars and play a lot of forza lol that video you posted just shows really dumb people... circuit is more fun than drag period lol you drag everytime you exit a turn and the launch is the exit of a corner. i'm arguing the fact that you can take a dd that can do well on a track, spend a day having fun and not braking anything, you just gotta know the car and you can't be a total vajayjay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6H6BXSeY0c
You're video just proved my point. You have an AWD STI and Porsche that couldn't stay on the road and both these cars have more power than a maxima with a few bolt-on's. This didn't even look like a track or race just two guys driving around the track. I mean you can drag pro or you can circuit pro but unless you push your car to the limits you won't feel like you accomplish anything other than a few laughs with your buddy. LOL. When you get serious and start upgrading and pushing your car without any damages or repairs then say something, but for now it's all fun and games. Understand that the cars who's making record are strictly track cars and the others are just in it for fun, they're not. Ask any of them how much they invested to get where they're at and how much wipeout, crashes and modifying was done. You haven't scratched the surface yet
Old 02-18-2013, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by mrjasonlyrics
You're video just proved my point. You have an AWD STI and Porsche that couldn't stay on the road and both these cars have more power than a maxima with a few bolt-on's. This didn't even look like a track or race just two guys driving around the track. I mean you can drag pro or you can circuit pro but unless you push your car to the limits you won't feel like you accomplish anything other than a few laughs with your buddy. LOL. When you get serious and start upgrading and pushing your car without any damages or repairs then say something, but for now it's all fun and games. Understand that the cars who's making record are strictly track cars and the others are just in it for fun, they're not. Ask any of them how much they invested to get where they're at and how much wipeout, crashes and modifying was done. You haven't scratched the surface yet
Old 02-18-2013, 12:36 PM

it was icy and snowy, what did you expect? i didn't prove anythin man, nothing broke not even close, and we didn't mind takin it to the limit because there where no barriers and there was snow all around. there were other cars there just not much (obviously the season) and if there were more we'd be more conservative. thats called proportional judgment in safety. on top of that a friend was drivin the sti (coming from an old *** ford focus), owner of the sti was driving the porshe. this IS a track in ontario, its called CAYUGA and you can google it.

we were talking about dd not full on barely street legal track queens that cant be driven all year around

my bike was upgraded, i beat the **** out of it on the track and other then levers (from falling) nothing else broke. my car is upgraded, i broke ****, i did the work myself, my engine over revs 700rpm happily, i will be going to the track next year (for drag) because i'm dying to see how well my mods did, i'm hopin low/mid 14.

you live in ontario right? come on tmec and sign up for the group track meet in the spring
Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 PM

it was icy and snowy, what did you expect? i didn't prove anythin man, nothing broke not even close, and we didn't mind takin it to the limit because there where no barriers and there was snow all around. there were other cars there just not much (obviously the season) and if there were more we'd be more conservative. thats called proportional judgment in safety. on top of that a friend was drivin the sti (coming from an old *** ford focus), owner of the sti was driving the porshe. this IS a track in ontario, its called CAYUGA and you can google it.

we were talking about dd not full on barely street legal track queens that cant be driven all year around

my bike was upgraded, i beat the **** out of it on the track and other then levers (from falling) nothing else broke. my car is upgraded, i broke ****, i did the work myself, my engine over revs 700rpm happily, i will be going to the track next year (for drag) because i'm dying to see how well my mods did, i'm hopin low/mid 14.

you live in ontario right? come on tmec and sign up for the group track meet in the spring
That's where I drag race. Been up there about 10-12 times and last year I was suppose to enter the shootout but I messed up my engine. Low to mid 14's is what my maxima runs so I could probably give you a run for your money. If it's your first you will do horrible, because you'll need to learn how to get a good launch, 60' and proper shifts. But who knows I might run into you up there
Old 02-18-2013, 02:28 PM

looooads of space, no barriers, still slid around the turns and this was our first time around that track (3 dudes in sti) with no track experience whatsoever. we love cars and play a lot of forza lol that video you posted just shows really dumb people... circuit is more fun than drag period lol you drag everytime you exit a turn and the launch is the exit of a corner. i'm arguing the fact that you can take a dd that can do well on a track, spend a day having fun and not braking anything, you just gotta know the car and you can't be a total vajayjay. my panties, really???????? LOL
I think your missing the point of the thread. Tracking any DD is a bad idea due to the chance of wrecking your car or being hit by another. Insurance wont cover you and the other drivers cant be held liable.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:41 PM

^^....This
Old 02-18-2013, 02:52 PM

Old 02-19-2013, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by asand1
I think your missing the point of the thread. Tracking any DD is a bad idea due to the chance of wrecking your car or being hit by another. Insurance wont cover you and the other drivers cant be held liable.
Ya I get all of that but you can still go on without getting wrecked like we did... That was my point. It obvious no-one is liable for the cars or lives of people, it's a racetrack lol
Old 02-19-2013, 10:36 AM

That's where I drag race. Been up there about 10-12 times and last year I was suppose to enter the shootout but I messed up my engine. Low to mid 14's is what my maxima runs so I could probably give you a run for your money. If it's your first you will do horrible, because you'll need to learn how to get a good launch, 60' and proper shifts. But who knows I might run into you up there
I know, I saw the video, it was so painful to hear it lol but u were winning.

Ya I'll get my launch rpm down in a few runs. I want my headers on
Old 02-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The 1st car that crashed in the video, was it a maxima?

Obviously it was right hand drive because the passenger on the left side was holding the video camera before they spun out and the camera dropped into his lap.

That 1st car certainly had that nice VQ sound to it.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:14 PM

Maximas are all cheap POS's anyways, if I wreck go get another one for $500,

#4thgenproblems

$750 for a 5th gen

#5thgenproblems

$2k for a 6th gen

#6thgenproblems

Even tho if I wreck a 6th gen it'd be stupid cheap to fix and stupid easy for parts.

$8k for a nice 7th gen

Prolly just fix it if I wreck one....

#7thgenproblems.

if these cars weren't cheap and easy to fix why would cheap bastards like us own one?

OAN: You run the risk of totaling your car every time you turn the key, so enjoy it while it last is my motto.

It could be from some idiot running a stop sign to hitting a watch patch at the track, I know why way I want my car to go that's for damn sure.

Actually that is how the red car died, coming home from all day kicking @$$, don't regret a single moment, made good friends and pissed off Z owners.

Last edited by aackshun; 02-19-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 PM

Maximas are all cheap POS's anyways
Ummmm.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Banned

I've had my fair share of breaking stuff and replacing but nothing I've done will compare to the repairs on this video. Guys tell me all the time why drag race it's boring but I just can't see myself taking my daily driver and hit the circuits. You are responsible for your own car and if someone hits you while on the premises they're not responsible or liable to fix your car, as per the contract you agree too upon entry. Oh insurance don't cover you on the track, NO EXCEPTIONS. They will probably cancel your policy immediately if they found out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BECharVgjk0
Your car isn't set up for either, I wouldn't let it bother you.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by FastnFuriousMax
Your car isn't set up for either, I wouldn't let it bother you.
what is his car setup for?
Old 02-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Banned

what is his car setup for?
rolling around on the street or car shows? Like my pos whip.

Last edited by FastnFuriousMax; 02-19-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:50 PM

Crazy vid some were Pros **** happens, but some were little mugs who had some cash and oh lets go to the track alot of those ****s wasnt over 60mph... the Subi at about 2:40 takes the cake though....
Old 02-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

You gotta pay to play, if you can't pay, you shouldn't play.

Simple as that, really...
Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Kevlo for President

Originally Posted by njmaxseltd
You gotta pay to play, if you can't pay, you shouldn't play.

Simple as that, really...
exactly
Old 02-28-2013, 06:22 PM

I disagree. When you're on the drag strip you're competing with time and you need little experience to make it down safely across the finish line but when you're on the track so much can go wrong like other cars loosing control and smashing into you, you loosing control around corners, or just panicking with lack of experience when you skid outta control. If you watch most of the accidents it's because they loose control and having a "ciruit car" is more than just skill, you need the right suspension setup, right tires for ultimate performance and the discipline to know your braking and acceleration points, and the understanding of what you car is capable of. I personally haven't seen any FWD accidents since going to the tracks nor have I seen any accidents. The most common accidents I see "on youtube" are high powered cars loosing control either at launch or down the track due to lost of traction and slow to step on the brake.

Not really sure how the circuits operate but they won't put a high powered drag car up against a average car for a sprint due to safety hazards. I mean just the fact that I'll get my @$$ whooped is enough to let a faster car skip me to run against a car in his level.
Yeah ok. Keep believing that. I've seen some cars get destroyed on drag strips which is why I will probably not ever take my G8 to a strip. The Maxima is easy to run since it's FWD.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:29 PM

i think you mean you wouldn't take a dd maxima or maxima period to the circuit, its not made for it at all...
I have vids from some OG members tracking their cars at Willow Springs. I beg to differ because with mods, it can be done.

No street car is made for circuit racing.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Anybody taken their Maxima with CVT to track days or some lapping? I'm a little worried that the CVT would act up.

I used to go lapping with my Subaru, so I know that it's mostly the tires and brakes that take the hit.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by loosepiston
Anybody taken their Maxima with CVT to track days or some lapping? I'm a little worried that the CVT would act up.

I used to go lapping with my Subaru, so I know that it's mostly the tires and brakes that take the hit.
I would worry doing ANYTHING with the CVT. I imagine it would overheat and con****youlate itself