General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Harassed by the cops this past weekend

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 12:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Cops are people just like the rest of us.

And just like people -
There are good cops; there are bad cops.
There are non-racist cops; there are racist cops.
There are friendly cops; there are a-hole cops.

There are good cops out there who deserve to be praised.

On the other hand, unfortunately some of us happen to run into bad, racist, a-hole cops who abuse their power thinking they are above everyone else & believing they can get away with harrassment of anyone they don't like. **** them.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:18 AM

Originally posted by pete7226
Lets clear some things up.
1. Police can stop you even if you're not breaking the law. Its called reasonable suspicion.
2. Cops DO NOT, I'll say this again. DO NOT have to tell you why they stopped you. If you're being placed under arrest they can, but even then dont have to. Once you're arrest report is written up then, you are essentially charged with whatever you are arrested for. At that point they have to tell you. The courts ruled that is acceptable.
3. Just because you have no idea what you were pulled over for does not mean there was the ever popular phrase I see on this board "no reason" or "the police are racist" Give me a break!
4. Take the test, get hired. Then you will be in a position to critique how the Police do their jobs.
5. I love maximas, racing, bikes etc. And yes I''m also a cop. If you got a ton of ridiculous accesories on you're car, dont be surprised when the police stop you. Be discrete when racing etc. Ultimately ,YOU committed the violation. Take responsibility for it and move on.
6. From reading most of the posts on this board, I've come to see that most of you have no idea about what police ofc.'s do and go through everyday. Traffic B.S is about 5% of this job, at least in Chgo. Take the test, do the job for a year and I assure you you will change your views about "the police" .
Anyhow, its a shame I had to make this my first post, Its not the reason I signed on.
Sorry had to laugh at this one, Cops envy people with money to build their cars? where do some of you get these insane ideas?
Nothing against cops, I have friends that are cops but yeah, the cop had to dislike something about me or my car, obviously I did nothing wrong. No my car is not what is is like in the sig pic, I have my stock 15inch GLE on, not those 18inch rims, I live in New England, winter sux. I did not refer to the cops as racist, although some cops are. I also mentioned, that I knew IF my registratiwon WAS NOT expired, what would the reason be that he had to stop me? It would be nothing, but then again, he got to cover his *** and make some bs. Now again, if I were white and this happens to me alot, I would be ****ed too. Don't tell me and others here that cops don't profile, you do! And that you call, Reasonable Suspicion! Some decent cops, do not profile, unfortunately peer pressure consumes some cops, to make them quit or even worst, suicide. Please don't take us as clowns.
If cops start having lesser "reasonable suspicion" and have "real suspcion", you will have lesser "racist cops" remarks.

I am pretty sure most members here agree that being an officer is a dangerous and stressful job, and most abide by the law.
Old 01-15-2002, 04:28 AM

Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

"You people" shouldn't have been in that neighborhood anyway!!

3 days stay? Can you elaborate?
Old 01-15-2002, 04:30 AM

Re: Re: Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

Stop being silly Patchmax, he had expired tags it his damn fault!!

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Well I think the question is why pull them over? What are the statistical chance at pulling over 3 asian dudes in a predominately white neighborhood? The officer had no idea the regist was expired until after he pulled them over. So you have to ask yourself why did they get pulled over and not 99.9% of the neighborhood's population?

Racial profiling perhaps?

Old 01-15-2002, 04:34 AM

Hmmm I dunno about that one

give him your license first, IMHO.. Cause that's the first thing he'll say before you have opened your mouth.

Originally posted by deezo
Well, now I know that if you ever feel uncomfortable with a cop when he pulls you over, you have the right to roll your window up just so its cracked and ask him to get his supervisor out there. Good info people.
Old 01-15-2002, 04:42 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

In RI aren't your registration stickers on the front windshield instead of the license plate like most/many states?? I think some ppl think the cop just saw your tag had expired from the rear...

Originally posted by ßaller

Damn you really don't understand English. That is so lame. I don't need to convince myself, I already knew that it was a bs reason to pull me over. I have alot of experiences in these situations where I can distinguish between if the cops had a right to or not. Again, your statement is lame and not needed in this thread. If anybodyelse has an opinion similar to Frank Fontaine, please read my previous post carefully, and I will certainly reply to a non lame response. You have been lame since your first post Frank, I really not need that type of ignant response.
Old 01-15-2002, 04:49 AM

LMAO!!

And this is why! LOL!!

Lets clear some things up.
1. Police can stop you even if you're not breaking the law. Its called reasonable suspicion.
2. Cops DO NOT, I'll say this again. DO NOT have to tell you why they stopped you. If you're being placed under arrest they can, but even then dont have to. Once you're arrest report is written up then, you are essentially charged with whatever you are arrested for. At that point they have to tell you. The courts ruled that is acceptable.
3. Just because you have no idea what you were pulled over for does not mean there was the ever popular phrase I see on this board "no reason" or "the police are racist" Give me a break!
4. Take the test, get hired. Then you will be in a position to critique how the Police do their jobs.
5. I love maximas, racing, bikes etc. And yes I''m also a cop. If you got a ton of ridiculous accesories on you're car, dont be surprised when the police stop you. Be discrete when racing etc. Ultimately ,YOU committed the violation. Take responsibility for it and move on.
6. From reading most of the posts on this board, I've come to see that most of you have no idea about what police ofc.'s do and go through everyday. Traffic B.S is about 5% of this job, at least in Chgo. Take the test, do the job for a year and I assure you you will change your views about "the police" .
Anyhow, its a shame I had to make this my first post, Its not the reason I signed on.
Sorry had to laugh at this one, Cops envy people with money to build their cars? where do some of you get these insane ideas?
Old 01-15-2002, 05:46 AM

Re: Hmmm I dunno about that one

Originally posted by Washington DC Maxima
give him your license first, IMHO.. Cause that's the first thing he'll say before you have opened your mouth.

No doubt, but when they get out of line, would you allow it to go on???? They are to do there jobs and act professional just like you and me when we're at work. If you act up, people will let your supervisor know and they public sure do the same to them.
Old 01-15-2002, 05:51 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Hmmm I dunno about that one

No doubt, but when they get out of line, would you allow it to go on???? They are to do there jobs and act professional just like you and me when we're at work. If you act up, people will let your supervisor know and they public sure do the same to them.
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Old 01-15-2002, 06:53 AM

Man just reading about your accounts and dealings with crooked cops is making me HOT. Reminds me of those women that were getting pulled over some time ago on the NJ turnpike and being told to do sexually humiliating things in order to go free. What if that were your sister, wife, or mother! What is wrong with cops? I know not all cops are bad but seriously though, if you live in RI, I would go to www.prepaidlegal.com and protect yourself from situations like these. I'm not trying to solicit these guys but it's a good service and seems relevant especially to those that live in redneck Rosco P. Coltrane country.

And for all of those that don't think this was a case of racial profiling or don't think that racial profiling is wrong than you're obviously a ignorant like Baller said.
Old 01-15-2002, 06:55 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

In RI aren't your registration stickers on the front windshield instead of the license plate like most/many states?? I think some ppl think the cop just saw your tag had expired from the rear...

Eben/Eban? I think you meant to refer the inspection sticker. The registration sticker always goes on your license plate.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:11 AM

Pete you are a Chicago cop....man you said enough already....it's crazy how people get so defensive cause im yet to meet that officer friendly that use to come to my 3rd grade class.

My cousin works for the Sheriff Dept task force unit..and as another member stated earlier and he even confirmed it..once they get that badge(some of his coworkers) they think they are Denzel from Training Day..It's sad to say that this goes on but it does...and the one's who can't simpythize have never been sat on a curve and just watched there doors panels get ripped off and the car just gets raped...and then they find nothing and say have a nice day...come on now..People be real no one's asking for sympathy just face reality..it's not in all cases but minorities get the butt of alot of shyt that you guys don't see...like one memeber said...his friend got a speeding ticket and got her liscence back in 10mins...o.k that's routine and that's cool..but we are more likely subjected to unroutine searches...like that MTV show you just can't understand sometimes until you are put in someone elses shoes...

It's sad...actually very sad and for some to blindfold thereselves to it..that makes them just as ignorant as the disrespectful cop...now if u are an *** to them of course I still feel they should respect u..it's their job but if they don't o well u asked for it...
But to use a line as to "u don't know what cops go thru"..that's b.s cause when they harassing at traffic stops the real criminals are making away with your valuables or in the worse case someones life..so save the "you don't know what cops go thru story" cause i do my fam is full of them and they agree with me as well
Old 01-15-2002, 07:14 AM

Re: Re: Hmmm I dunno about that one

Lemme restate.. Give him your license first then do what you said..

Old 01-15-2002, 07:17 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

NY's don't have a sticker on their tags.. My buddy's Grandmother gave him a vehicle and he's been' ridin' for months on expired tags cause some sticker is in the front window.. I would only assume it's the registration one.. correct me if I'm wrong Ny'rs...

Eben/Eban? I think you meant to refer the inspection sticker. The registration sticker always goes on your license plate.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:21 AM

So it was clear on the tags that you were expired??

Old 01-15-2002, 09:03 AM

Re: Re: Re: Hmmm I dunno about that one

Lemme restate.. Give him your license first then do what you said..

Gotcha!!
Old 01-15-2002, 12:16 PM

i goto school in RI and i have yet to be pulled over, knock on wood. BlkStnValyMaxima my school is located in N. SMithfield, its called Bryant College, but since its basically a private college the only time i see RI police cars is when someone is getting busted for drugs on campus, which is like daily.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

So it was clear on the tags that you were expired??

Yo Eban, the sticker is a lil square sticker on your license plates, for both front and back. It was at night time. He was facing me on the opposite direction, I had my fogs, there was no way he saw that! Did you even read my first post correctly? I dont care that I was ticketed for the expiration tag, but the fact that he stopped me for no reason, harassed me and my car, and found out after looking at my registration paper that it was expired, and then he said he gonna gimme a ticket for that. He was looking forward to give me ticket for a lot of sheet, even my tints, but they were really light tings 51 percent and done well, that he couldnt write me a ticket for that either. Man, please understand what I say before you try to make me look like an a$$.
Old 01-15-2002, 02:16 PM

I live in cranston R.I....Ethan knows that half of these cops are ok(well no cop is ok but anyways) and the rest are complete
ball busters...Just got pulled over 2 days ago and if i didnt have my girl in the car i deff would have gotten a ticket...but he like your car sticks out like a soar thumb...blabla my car is leagal...35% tint ....the only thing is a y-pipe but they dont check for them...the rt cat greddy exhaust are all legal...point of this story is po-po suck....
Old 01-15-2002, 03:39 PM

The registration sticker always goes on your license plate.
LIke they say in the J Walker case: stick to the facts, not corollary or auspicious you know what. Have to get it done.
Old 01-15-2002, 05:31 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine

LIke they say in the J Walker case: stick to the facts, not corollary or auspicious you know what. Have to get it done.
Enough of your oxymoronic bs.
Apparently there are still a few lame people, and will continue to be who choose to not understand what I was saying.
Fact: Unless you are an eagle and have great eyesight, you will not be able to read my license plate nor any small, squared-shape, colored registration sticker in total darkness with bright piaa fogs around the front license plate.
Fact: I was never ever upset about my registration being expired and getting a ticket for that, when will jooz dum Moronics ever read!?
Fact: The illegal searching of my car without my consent is fact!
Stop: Before all jooz Moronics have any more comment to say, please read before you speak, or you are just the same as the lame morons with your pathetic comments.
Old 01-15-2002, 05:36 PM
I'm needing a caw

Of course no one answers the real question. Why did the officers pull over 3 asian dudes in a maxima over 99999.9% of the population that is white in that neighborhood? Why did they tow the car when in general only a ticket is issued? You mean when the officers pull over anyone that has expired registration they tow the car, search the car and harass the occupants? Yeah right. I bet every Clever Beaver family gets the same treatment.

When you get right down to it, that's the point.
Old 01-15-2002, 06:17 PM

Of course no one answers the real question. Why did the officers pull over 3 asian dudes in a maxima over 99999.9% of the population that is white in that neighborhood? Why did they tow the car when in general only a ticket is issued? You mean when the officers pull over anyone that has expired registration they tow the car, search the car and harass the occupants? Yeah right. I bet every Clever Beaver family gets the same treatment.

I appreciate all the input and replies I have received.
It proves to me here that there are people like Jeff92se who understood my English. People like Deezo and others who understand my frustration. Naive people, dare I say lame, living in their own world with lame comments and jumping to conclusion (I too have been guilty of being a lamer in the past). Then the analytical peepz, all they do is summarize and then they come to a conclusion. Did'nt you learn in school that a summary is not going to help if you don't read the entire chapter?

I am not surprised by the wide variety of comments that I have seen here, I am glad that Jeff understood my frustration and allowed this post to continue. Although some of you really need a reality check.

Peace!
Old 01-15-2002, 06:20 PM

Then the analytical peepz, all they do is summarize and then they come to a conclusion. Did'nt you learn in school that a summary is not going to help if you don't read the entire chapter?

Peace!

No, I learened to skim thouhg it, and then jump to concusions
Old 01-16-2002, 07:20 AM
U wanna try me young boy?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

Enough of your oxymoronic bs.
Apparently there are still a few lame people, and will continue to be who choose to not understand what I was saying.
Fact: Unless you are an eagle and have great eyesight, you will not be able to read my license plate nor any small, squared-shape, colored registration sticker in total darkness with bright piaa fogs around the front license plate.
Fact: I was never ever upset about my registration being expired and getting a ticket for that, when will jooz dum Moronics ever read!?
Fact: The illegal searching of my car without my consent is fact!
Stop: Before all jooz Moronics have any more comment to say, please read before you speak, or you are just the same as the lame morons with your pathetic comments.
I'm sick of reading ur complaints. Your inability to even consider what is being said to you makes you just as prejudiced as you accuse these cops of being. My father was, and my brother is, a cop. I'm not. I've no particular hatred or love for cops - they are just another human being doing a job, and their individual respect is either earned or lost by their individual conduct. I've seen nice and nasty cops and I never let any one cop experience color my judgement.

You say thay they could not read the sticker form the front? I thought that too, but I once passed a motorcycle cop in the opposite direction and we were both doing 50mph. He immediately turned and pulled me over. When I asked; "What can I do for you, Officer?" he immediately replied "I saw your registration had expired on the front of your car."

You don't know why the cop pulled you. Maybe, as happened with me, he had been given a report of a teenager in a Volvo scoping houses in the area, and then when I came driving through his search area he saw a teenager in a volvo and pulled me over. I didn't do anything wrong, but I still got pulled over and searched and stuff. At least he explained when he realized I was not the kid he was looking for.

I once knew a cop who said that he knew when people were doing something wrong just by looking at them - if they looked back all indifferent then they were ok - if they looked back with suprise, fear, shock or anything similar, he would pull them. Worked 90% of the time. 10% of the time he apologized for wasting their time and they drove away. I wonder how many of those 10% of people complained. Compared to the people who would complain if the 90% who were driving with no registration/insurance/stolen property/drugs were allowed to drive on because the cop was not allowed to listen to his instincts...

My point is - You don't know why he pulled you over. It may seem all nice and dramatic to say it's racism or whatever, but you simply don't know. There could have been a hit-and-run accident in the area involving a car similar to yours. A group of identical looking kids may have been reported as acting suspiciously. You may have just triggered his instincts... Still - if you automatically assume he's being racist just because he's a cop, then you are no less prejudiced than you claim he is.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:59 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

I'm tryin' to understand what happened.. How am I to know where your registration stickers are?? In the DC area they are only on the rear license plate.

Could he tell you were Asian from his view point??

Yo Eban, the sticker is a lil square sticker on your license plates, for both front and back. It was at night time. He was facing me on the opposite direction, I had my fogs, there was no way he saw that! Did you even read my first post correctly? I dont care that I was ticketed for the expiration tag, but the fact that he stopped me for no reason, harassed me and my car, and found out after looking at my registration paper that it was expired, and then he said he gonna gimme a ticket for that. He was looking forward to give me ticket for a lot of sheet, even my tints, but they were really light tings 51 percent and done well, that he couldnt write me a ticket for that either. Man, please understand what I say before you try to make me look like an a$$.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:00 AM

What do you know

oldman

Old 01-16-2002, 08:16 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

posted new thread by mistake-police stuff

RICOiz704 I understand what you're saying, but everyone likes to generalize about the Police. Crooked cops amount to less than 1% of all cops if you did the math. Its seems like more because usually people are getting stopped by the same 4-5 cops all the time and develop an opinion that most cops are crooked.
Just to add to my earlier points. Here in Illinois, I dont know about other states laws, When the police pull you over for any reason be it no seatbelt, bad tailight, however minor the infraction. The courts have ruled that a patdown of all occupants and the vehicles interior is reasonable for ofc. saftey. There is a difference between a patdown and a full search. Many people, including most I've stopped seem to think I'm somehow violating their rights because most 9out 10 times they were stopped during traffic stops they were never searched. If all police did this it would'nt feel like such a violation. It is however legal, and a simple matter of most citizens not knowing the extent of the law.
The law also states "even if you believe the arrest/stop to be unlawful, you have no right to resist." Thats right from the Illinois compiled statutues. Basically the book that gives Gov't authority to enforce the laws.
Last point, sometimes to generate compliance you have to raise you're voice, use force etc. These are all within the law under the use of force model. There's a professional way to do this and the other way. I can see how people say the police are rude and everything else. 95% of people I've dealt with are good, respectfull people that just screwed up. Its the last 5% that develop the officers demeanor for most of their career. Simply put, dealing with that group shows you that anyone can kill you, I've taken guns from 12 yr old kids to 70 year old grandmas on the street. I've been shot at by people in business suits who were robbing a citizen on the street and been in every other scenario you can think of. You have to be on top of every situation-No matter what. Or you dont home. Frankly, sometimes you have to be an *******, There are some people who dont give a **** about laws, police or anything.
Theres a time and a place for it. yes, some cops are *******s all the time. My advice, be cooperative, do what is asked. And if you dont like what happened complain to the Dept. or see you're attorney. Dont argue it on the street with the police. That will be interpreted as not being compliant, which will force the ofc. to go to the next step in the use of force model which is physical force.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:19 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by BLacKMax69
I live in cranston R.I....Ethan knows that half of these cops are ok(well no cop is ok but anyways) and the rest are complete
ball busters...Just got pulled over 2 days ago and if i didnt have my girl in the car i deff would have gotten a ticket...but he like your car sticks out like a soar thumb...blabla my car is leagal...35% tint ....the only thing is a y-pipe but they dont check for them...the rt cat greddy exhaust are all legal...point of this story is po-po suck....
Thats like saying everyone in a 95 blk max sucks. Come on, think before you speak. The same people saying the police are descriminating are the same ones who use reverse-descrimination. If the police thought the way you do this world would be in alot of trouble.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:23 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

If the police thought the way you do this world would be in alot of trouble.
And you think it isn't?
Old 01-16-2002, 08:35 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Re: posted new thread by mistake-police stuff

My advice, be cooperative, do what is asked. And if you dont like what happened complain to the Dept. or see you're attorney. Dont argue it on the street with the police. That will be interpreted as not being compliant, which will force the ofc. to go to the next step in the use of force model which is physical force.
I totally agree with you on this topic. An officer of the law has rank over a civillian. RESPECT will get you out of trouble. DISRESPECT or just being a wise a$$ to an officer will definately ruin your night out and cost you $$$ in the long run. If your wrong, admit it, I'm sorry SIR. Yes SIR. Here's my id SIR.

Some of these guys get pulled over for blue lights, white tail lights ect. Officer comes to the window and askes... "Do you know why I pulled you over?" The correct response should be something like "Are my tail lights illegal SIR?" Chances are he'll let you go with just a verbal warning. If your response is something stupid like... "No, and I wasn't doing anything wrong." Chances are pretty good that your getting a ticket.
Do what they say and show respect. You'll be much better off in the long run.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:42 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

Originally posted by Scruit

I'm sick of reading ur complaints. Your inability to even consider what is being said to you makes you just as prejudiced as you accuse these cops of being. My father was, and my brother is, a cop. I'm not. I've no particular hatred or love for cops - they are just another human being doing a job, and their individual respect is either earned or lost by their individual conduct. I've seen nice and nasty cops and I never let any one cop experience color my judgement.

You say thay they could not read the sticker form the front? I thought that too, but I once passed a motorcycle cop in the opposite direction and we were both doing 50mph. He immediately turned and pulled me over. When I asked; "What can I do for you, Officer?" he immediately replied "I saw your registration had expired on the front of your car."

You don't know why the cop pulled you. Maybe, as happened with me, he had been given a report of a teenager in a Volvo scoping houses in the area, and then when I came driving through his search area he saw a teenager in a volvo and pulled me over. I didn't do anything wrong, but I still got pulled over and searched and stuff. At least he explained when he realized I was not the kid he was looking for.

I once knew a cop who said that he knew when people were doing something wrong just by looking at them - if they looked back all indifferent then they were ok - if they looked back with suprise, fear, shock or anything similar, he would pull them. Worked 90% of the time. 10% of the time he apologized for wasting their time and they drove away. I wonder how many of those 10% of people complained. Compared to the people who would complain if the 90% who were driving with no registration/insurance/stolen property/drugs were allowed to drive on because the cop was not allowed to listen to his instincts...

My point is - You don't know why he pulled you over. It may seem all nice and dramatic to say it's racism or whatever, but you simply don't know. There could have been a hit-and-run accident in the area involving a car similar to yours. A group of identical looking kids may have been reported as acting suspiciously. You may have just triggered his instincts... Still - if you automatically assume he's being racist just because he's a cop, then you are no less prejudiced than you claim he is.

This is why you are a dumbass, I am sick of punk *** beyotches like you. Did I ever said he was racist!!! Other people have stated or mentioned about racist cops. Where the faq! did I ever say that!!! Clowns like you should shut the faq up!!! Obviously a moron like you did not read my post carefully. It clearly states the way I was treated was bs! Never had I mentioned that he was racist, but he sure did profiled me after he pulled my *** over. So stfu! Before I biatch slap you!!! ***** like you, I would love for you to meet my fist, damn faqin numb nut!
Old 01-16-2002, 08:47 AM

RI is pretty bad. Providence City is the worst. While a student I was sitting outside my brothers apartment with an empty cup near Providence College. They rolled up onto the sidewalk and jumped out of the car. They did the shakedown routine. After he was disappointed to find out my cup was empty, he threatened to pour beer in my cup and arrest me. He was yelling in my face the whole time. They have some serious problems with the Providence Police Department.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:52 AM

Originally posted by Paul6speed
RI is pretty bad. Providence City is the worst. While a student I was sitting outside my brothers apartment with an empty cup near Providence College. They rolled up onto the sidewalk and jumped out of the car. They did the shakedown routine. After he was disappointed to find out my cup was empty, he threatened to pour beer in my cup and arrest me. He was yelling in my face the whole time. They have some serious problems with the Providence Police Department.
Yes they do. My friends brother, who worked for the Providence Police Department, was killed while he was off duty trying to assist his fellow Providence PD at a store. Yes, the officer was black (Officer Cornell Young Jr.) and the officers that killed him were white. This is a big news in the New England area.
You can read it here:

http://www.projo.com/cgi-bin/include...ung/pd0128.htm
Old 01-16-2002, 08:54 AM
I'm needing a caw

Sick of reading!?! Don't click the thread Sparky!

Again no one address the real issues and just wants to flame. duh!

I would think it would much easier to see 3 asians than a little sticker, but that's just me.

Okay let's say he saw the sticker, you mean everyone in the neighborhood w/ expired registrations gets towed and harrassed??? I guess mommy and the kids gotta stay out in the cold and call daddy to come pick them up.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:55 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

Baller, while I realize that this is a frustrating subject for you and others as well, raising your temper and calling people names will only result in flames back and forth which will result in a locked thread.

So far (amazingly enough) this thread has been relatively calm and a good discussion... please don't let this turn into a flamefest.

This is why you are a dumbass, I am sick of punk *** beyotches like you. Did I ever said he was racist!!! Other people have stated or mentioned about racist cops. Where the faq! did I ever say that!!! Clowns like you should shut the faq up!!! Obviously a moron like you did not read my post carefully. It clearly states the way I was treated was bs! Never had I mentioned that he was racist, but he sure did profiled me after he pulled my *** over. So stfu! Before I biatch slap you!!! ***** like you, I would love for you to meet my fist, damn faqin numb nut!
Old 01-16-2002, 08:59 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Harassed by the cops this past weekend

Originally posted by clee130
Baller, while I realize that this is a frustrating subject for you and others as well, raising your temper and calling people names will only result in flames back and forth which will result in a locked thread.

So far (amazingly enough) this thread has been relatively calm and a good discussion... please don't let this turn into a flamefest.

I agree with you Cliff, if there is another post that does not have legit comments, and sensible discussion I will delete the thread myself. I mean with all the pathetic comments, I had to vent. I had so much steam, I had to release my blitz blow-off valve!
Old 01-16-2002, 09:15 AM

Re: posted new thread by mistake-police stuff

Yea, if you use the ones who have been caught and prosecuted as your sample... What about the ones who got off or the ones that go unreported?? Good Grief.. You obviously don't believe racial profiling is real, wake up man!!! It's very hard to prove such a case but the stats(real stats not homemade ones) I've seen in the DC area show that minorities are pulled over more than whites in a predominatly white area..

Pat down for everyone who gets pulled over for a simple traffic violation..LOL!! It's not the officers fault that state voted for it..

RICOiz704 I understand what you're saying, but everyone likes to generalize about the Police. Crooked cops amount to less than 1% of all cops if you did the math. Its seems like more because usually people are getting stopped by the same 4-5 cops all the time and develop an opinion that most cops are crooked.
Just to add to my earlier points. Here in Illinois, I dont know about other states laws, When the police pull you over for any reason be it no seatbelt, bad tailight, however minor the infraction. The courts have ruled that a patdown of all occupants and the vehicles interior is reasonable for ofc. saftey. There is a difference between a patdown and a full search. Many people, including most I've stopped seem to think I'm somehow violating their rights because most 9out 10 times they were stopped during traffic stops they were never searched. If all police did this it would'nt feel like such a violation. It is however legal, and a simple matter of most citizens not knowing the extent of the law.
The law also states "even if you believe the arrest/stop to be unlawful, you have no right to resist." Thats right from the Illinois compiled statutues. Basically the book that gives Gov't authority to enforce the laws.
Last point, sometimes to generate compliance you have to raise you're voice, use force etc. These are all within the law under the use of force model. There's a professional way to do this and the other way. I can see how people say the police are rude and everything else. 95% of people I've dealt with are good, respectfull people that just screwed up. Its the last 5% that develop the officers demeanor for most of their career. Simply put, dealing with that group shows you that anyone can kill you, I've taken guns from 12 yr old kids to 70 year old grandmas on the street. I've been shot at by people in business suits who were robbing a citizen on the street and been in every other scenario you can think of. You have to be on top of every situation-No matter what. Or you dont home. Frankly, sometimes you have to be an *******, There are some people who dont give a **** about laws, police or anything.
Theres a time and a place for it. yes, some cops are *******s all the time. My advice, be cooperative, do what is asked. And if you dont like what happened complain to the Dept. or see you're attorney. Dont argue it on the street with the police. That will be interpreted as not being compliant, which will force the ofc. to go to the next step in the use of force model which is physical force.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:42 AM

I appreciate all the input and replies I have received.
It proves to me here that there are people like Jeff92se who understood my English. People like Deezo and others who understand my frustration. Naive people, dare I say lame, living in their own world with lame comments and jumping to conclusion (I too have been guilty of being a lamer in the past). Then the analytical peepz, all they do is summarize and then they come to a conclusion. Did'nt you learn in school that a summary is not going to help if you don't read the entire chapter?

I am not surprised by the wide variety of comments that I have seen here, I am glad that Jeff understood my frustration and allowed this post to continue. Although some of you really need a reality check.

Peace!
Baller to stop the stress, stop trying to make your point with people that don't know the laws in this area.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:47 AM
I'm needing a caw

Deezo. That's not really the point at all. It's about racial profiling and the double standard treatment that minorities get in this particular neighborhood.

Apparently everyone can't figure this out.

Baller to stop the stress, stop trying to make your point with people that don't know the laws in this area.

Quick Reply: Harassed by the cops this past weekend