General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Roadkilled 2 maxima's and others....

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2000, 03:26 AM

After I got off work today I went to the illegals to see what was going down. On the way there I had a race with a 5spd 3rd gen (most likely a VG). We did several roll ons and it appeared that in my 2nd gear we were even. However once I hit 3rd gear I started to pull. Also we did roll ons in 3rd gear around 70mph, again at first it was even but right when I hit 4th gear I pulled away. I gotta say I'm impressed from that Vg 5spd, it was stock with a passenger. However at the stoplight he didn't do too well, by the end of my 2nd gear I was 1 car ahead pulling away. Later on I ran a stock 4th gen auto. 1st gear we were even, as soon as I hit 2nd gear I started to pull away, 3rd gear I was 1-1.5 cars in front. Right after that I ran a 2000-2001 accord V6 that was stock with dealer plates on it. I hope you auto guys get a good jump because he was right there with me. I could beat him off the line because of my better launches but I couldn't pull away in any gear. From 2nd to 4th gear (took it to 100mph) we were side by side. To me I call it a tie. Then I raced several GSR's. I ran 1 stock and 2 that were mildly modded. Now off the line I could get a 1/4 jump but they would put a car on me toward the middle of my 3rd gear. Also during the roll ons it seemed that if they were not in the right part of the powerband I would slowly pull away. However if the driver was in the powerband the GSR would slowly pull away from me. If we started at like 50mph by the time 90mph comes the GSR is about 1-1.5 cars infront of me. Of course I have to mentioned that I got roadkilled by 3 LS1 F-bodies, 2 vettes, 3 mustangs, 1 Z32TT, 9 motorcycles. Man its days like this when I wished the SE-R had more mods. Most of those cars slowly pulled from me, once I get the ECU, header, clutch, I'll see what it runs at the strip. I'm going for low 15's-high 14's or bust .
Old 11-12-2000, 09:51 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by Nismo87SE
After I got off work today I went to the illegals to see what was going down. On the way there I had a race with a 5spd 3rd gen (most likely a VG). We did several roll ons and it appeared that in my 2nd gear we were even. However once I hit 3rd gear I started to pull. Also we did roll ons in 3rd gear around 70mph, again at first it was even but right when I hit 4th gear I pulled away. I gotta say I'm impressed from that Vg 5spd, it was stock with a passenger. However at the stoplight he didn't do too well, by the end of my 2nd gear I was 1 car ahead pulling away. Later on I ran a stock 4th gen auto. 1st gear we were even, as soon as I hit 2nd gear I started to pull away, 3rd gear I was 1-1.5 cars in front. Right after that I ran a 2000-2001 accord V6 that was stock with dealer plates on it. I hope you auto guys get a good jump because he was right there with me. I could beat him off the line because of my better launches but I couldn't pull away in any gear. From 2nd to 4th gear (took it to 100mph) we were side by side. To me I call it a tie. Then I raced several GSR's. I ran 1 stock and 2 that were mildly modded. Now off the line I could get a 1/4 jump but they would put a car on me toward the middle of my 3rd gear. Also during the roll ons it seemed that if they were not in the right part of the powerband I would slowly pull away. However if the driver was in the powerband the GSR would slowly pull away from me. If we started at like 50mph by the time 90mph comes the GSR is about 1-1.5 cars infront of me. Of course I have to mentioned that I got roadkilled by 3 LS1 F-bodies, 2 vettes, 3 mustangs, 1 Z32TT, 9 motorcycles. Man its days like this when I wished the SE-R had more mods. Most of those cars slowly pulled from me, once I get the ECU, header, clutch, I'll see what it runs at the strip. I'm going for low 15's-high 14's or bust .
And people never believed that I beat 4.6 Stangs, 3rd and 4th gen Maximas in that car! LOL, ok!!!! Good work Ari!

Old 11-12-2000, 11:55 AM

So ari,
you ready to race me?

Old 11-12-2000, 12:30 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by Francis96se
So ari,
you ready to race me?

Uh oh!! :P

Old 11-12-2000, 02:12 PM

60mm TB

What kind of results did you get from your 60mm TB?
Old 11-12-2000, 03:14 PM

Re: 60mm TB

Originally posted by Canuck
What kind of results did you get from your 60mm TB?
Better throttle response, high fuel economy, it was noticeably quicker at part throttle. As for power gain on the dyno I never got the chance to test it. But from what I understand it might like a 2hp gain but, there is so much more to be gained. For example this 60mm TB is a OEM nissan TB from a 89-91 240sx to replace my OEM 50mm one. Basically this TB at 84% throttle flows the same as the old TB at WOT. However I believe this mod may have increased midrange torque alot more than highend power. For example my stock piping is 60mm from the MAF to the TB inlet. Then it snakes down to 50mm at the outlet of the TB to the intake. After port matching my intake collector its a true 60mm from MAF TO TB. This TB upgrade won't work on 3rd gens because my intake is way different that yours. For $50 its one of those bang for the buck mods
Old 11-12-2000, 03:24 PM

Originally posted by Francis96se
So ari,
you ready to race me?

Uhh not yet. Let me get my clutch first then we can run. Given the fact that your car turned 93mph traps you'd pull me like crazy in 3rd gear.