General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

How can you dudes afford the mods that you do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 03:29 PM

credit card is a good way.......too bad i cant get one since i dont have a job =(
Old 01-21-2002, 03:36 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
credit card is a good way.....
only for some people...if you get too mod happy you'll be living in your car because you'll be in debt. I hope one of the mods is an "in-car" refridgerator!
Old 01-21-2002, 03:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by DA-MAX
I used the money I was supposed to buy my medication with instead to get my Y-pipe....my cars much quicker now, but I have a terrible tick and my *** constantly itches.....

I make stuffed Jackalopes and sell them on eBay.
Old 01-21-2002, 03:55 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by Bman

I make stuffed Jackalopes and sell them on eBay.
I remember the Jackalope! but I think I'll buy my next mod with the money I get from selling my Y-pipe/Bong, its selling like hotcakes!
Old 01-21-2002, 05:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by DA-MAX

I remember the Jackalope! but I think I'll buy my next mod with the money I get from selling my Y-pipe/Bong, its selling like hotcakes!

Damn,,,you should start a group deal on those! I think you offered to me once for like a dozen payments of 99 bucks or something......
Old 01-21-2002, 08:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Dave B- what crackheads do you know that sign up for a credit card with 18% APR??????????? That is suicide.. I have 0% APR on the 7500 I spent on my Platinum Plus Visa for the first six months and after that it goes up to 11%, at which point I will have paid off maybe half and then apply to MBNA for them to pay it off and then I pay them the rest with 0% interest for 6 more months.

When it comes down to it.. 7500 on 0% APR isn't bad.. especially for a year, which is more than enough time to pay this all off..

Old 01-21-2002, 08:33 PM

Originally posted by 24KP-I-M-P
in canada we sell igloo heaters...
no we don't theres no snow this year
Old 01-21-2002, 08:38 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Originally posted by thebigsadler
Dave B- what crackheads do you know that sign up for a credit card with 18% APR??????????? That is suicide.. I have 0% APR on the 7500 I spent on my Platinum Plus Visa for the first six months and after that it goes up to 11%, at which point I will have paid off maybe half and then apply to MBNA for them to pay it off and then I pay them the rest with 0% interest for 6 more months.

When it comes down to it.. 7500 on 0% APR isn't bad.. especially for a year, which is more than enough time to pay this all off..

I've been doing the same thing...
Old 01-21-2002, 08:51 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

ok...

Originally posted by MrBlank
I been looking for a job that fits in with my college scheudule but I live in brooklyn and with all this WTC stuff, jobs are kinda scarce.
bro, you're not alone. I live in Staten island now, but used to live in BK... there are ****loads of jobs in Bk, depends what you want to do and how much you want to earn. I vallet park cars now, it's easy and fun, and quick cash. I did something perhaps very dumb and wasted all my cash on the car, then i lost a cool job the day after WTC and money was really tight, I was frustrated at 1st and wasn't having much success finding a job either, (seemed like not even McDonalds was hiring, lol). But hey, go find a job, you'll have $ left over, i ossume u live with your parents still? so be thankful u have no bills or rent to pay! go to your college job office or whatever it is called there and try to have them hook u up with a job, every school should have one. If not that, you have a car right, you can always deliver pizza or something...
If you want, I can give you some spots that are looking for drivers, also if you want to do vallet, i can hook you up with that too

Bottom line... Don't waste all your money on your car, it isn't everything. I'd say a large percentage of people here have full time jobs, go to school and pay rent and bills. Some choose to spend more money then the others on mods.
Old 01-21-2002, 11:20 PM
Maxima owner since 2000

easiest way to avoid credit car debt is to NOT use your cc. what i do is make sure i have the $$$ in my checking account before using my cc. keep your eye on the spending and make sure you have the money in the bank just to keep yourself safe...